5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

tyromeo55

Reaction score
I have a oversized Job box that lives in the bed of the truck. It blocks all vision out of the rear window. Normal day to day driving is not an issue but when I'm pulling a trailer it is nice to be able to activate the rear view camera and take a quick glance at the load. Only issue is that it clears out of that screen rather quickly while in motion. Is there a setting in Alpha to let it stay up longer?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally had time to work with the AlphaOBD. A bit of success, thanks to this and other dedicated threads.
Was able to activate the tailgate ajar warning, and did add in the performance and off road pages. But, the off road pages haven’t shown up yet in apps, and I now have a blank page in my center cluster when flipping through the display pages. Figuring it will be a few cycles before it catches up, but I also don’t have the PR39.7 update. I have PR39.6. Can anyone confirm that the earlier PR39.6 is good? As I said in a previous post, UConnect says my version is up to date.
I did try to update to 39.7 through usb drive, but my USB’s don’t read, only charge.
I did find some USB related settings while going through the AlphaOBD demo app. I’m hopeful I can remedy that, because I seem to be the only person on this forum who has charge only ports front and back.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a oversized Job box that lives in the bed of the truck. It blocks all vision out of the rear window. Normal day to day driving is not an issue but when I'm pulling a trailer it is nice to be able to activate the rear view camera and take a quick glance at the load. Only issue is that it clears out of that screen rather quickly while in motion. Is there a setting in Alpha to let it stay up longer?
Not that I know of, but the TazerDT can.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Finally had time to work with the AlphaOBD. A bit of success, thanks to this and other dedicated threads.
Was able to activate the tailgate ajar warning, and did add in the performance and off road pages. But, the off road pages haven’t shown up yet in apps, and I now have a blank page in my center cluster when flipping through the display pages. Figuring it will be a few cycles before it catches up, but I also don’t have the PR39.7 update. I have PR39.6. Can anyone confirm that the earlier PR39.6 is good? As I said in a previous post, UConnect says my version is up to date.
I did try to update to 39.7 through usb drive, but my USB’s don’t read, only charge.
I did find some USB related settings while going through the AlphaOBD demo app. I’m hopeful I can remedy that, because I seem to be the only person on this forum who has charge only ports front and back.
Is your thumb drive formatted for Fat32 and 16gb or less? Only file one it is the single update file from the unzipped folder?

Luis1275

Reaction score
I’m guessing the PR39 is for the 12” screen and the QR39 is for the 8.4” screen?

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is your thumb drive formatted for Fat32 and 16gb or less? Only file one it is the single update file from the unzipped folder?
Nothing wrong with the flash drive. I can confirm that my usb's do nothing other than charge.

Drive had only the unzipped file for 39.7. Truck doesn't even see the drive, let alone anything I plug into a usb port in the truck.
I had gone through AlphaOBD to visit some of the usb settings.

At ECUConfig 3-External Port Type: Current setting was AUX + USB + extra USB
No changes needed

At ECUConfig 18-USB connection Present: Current setting was NO
Changed to YES
That did nothing. I still have only power coming from the USB's, nothing else. AND, I lost Sirius after unplugging my battery.
If there is anyone who can shed some light on my issue, I would so greatly appreciate it. There has to be a certain setting that is preventing the usb's from connecting, I just can't seem to find it.
I’m guessing the PR39 is for the 12” screen and the QR39 is for the 8.4” screen?
Not sure, but seems logical since all of the 12 inch screens I have seen have the PR39.xxx displayed.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the flash drive. I can confirm that my usb's do nothing other than charge.

Drive had only the unzipped file for 39.7. Truck doesn't even see the drive, let alone anything I plug into a usb port in the truck.
I had gone through AlphaOBD to visit some of the usb settings.

At ECUConfig 3-External Port Type: Current setting was AUX + USB + extra USB
No changes needed

At ECUConfig 18-USB connection Present: Current setting was NO
Changed to YES
That did nothing. I still have only power coming from the USB's, nothing else. AND, I lost Sirius after unplugging my battery.
If there is anyone who can shed some light on my issue, I would so greatly appreciate it. There has to be a certain setting that is preventing the usb's from connecting, I just can't seem to find it.

Not sure, but seems logical since all of the 12 inch screens I have seen have the PR39.xxx displayed.
Seems you need to schedule an appointment with dealer. The USB hub may be bad.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Definitely not a cable. I have bought and returned so many cables, Wal Mart and Best Buy are tired of seeing me return stuff.
Per my window sticker, Standard equipment shows full media hub, optional equipment replaced it with charge only ports.

On my drive to work just now, my Sirius has returned, so that’s good.
also, I changed the external port setting to aux+usb+SD and the SD now shows in available media, so the changes are taking.

Been avoiding the inevitable service appointment. I brought this up at my first oil change, advisor said it will need to stay in for a few days. Seems a bit long for an issue such as this, but kinda got no choice now, am thinking. Ugh… 🤦‍♂️

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Definitely not a cable. I have bought and returned so many cables, Wal Mart and Best Buy are tired of seeing me return stuff.
Per my window sticker, Standard equipment shows full media hub, optional equipment replaced it with charge only ports.

On my drive to work just now, my Sirius has returned, so that’s good.
also, I changed the external port setting to aux+usb+SD and the SD now shows in available media, so the changes are taking.

Been avoiding the inevitable service appointment. I brought this up at my first oil change, advisor said it will need to stay in for a few days. Seems a bit long for an issue such as this, but kinda got no choice now, am thinking. Ugh… 🤦‍♂️
So if it's in your windows sticker, sounds like maybe a byproduct of the chip shortage and some features being deleted to support other features. Although, it kind of sucks not having the android auto/carplay option. And, the USB ports are kind of important for software updates. If you have factory Nav, that's the only way to update the maps I know of

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ah, got it. That thought also came across. Like only power is going to the hub, no data cable.
Possible…maybe. Only one way to find out and that’s to pull apart my dash and access the hub and see.
My quest continues.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So if it's in your windows sticker, sounds like maybe a byproduct of the chip shortage and some features being deleted to support other features. Although, it kind of sucks not having the android auto/carplay option. And, the USB ports are kind of important for software updates. If you have factory Nav, that's the only way to update the maps I know of
Can’t be. Bought truck in April 2021, was dealer inventory, build date was Oct 2020. Pretty sure it was built before the chip shortage kicked in. At least I think it was before.

gmcadams

Reaction score
I'm wanting to change my settings so my driving lights stay on with high beams, I found the setting on this form,
"CBC Features: Fog lamp dropout enable Select "No""
can someone tell me what CBC stands for and how to find it in Alpha OBD please

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm wanting to change my settings so my driving lights stay on with high beams, I found the setting on this form,
"CBC Features: Fog lamp dropout enable Select "No""
When you open alfaOBD and get into the vihicke configuration change list, there is a "search" box at the top. Just type in fog lamp into the search bar and hit search. The option will show up.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just to expand for general info:
CBC stands for central body controller, which is the BCM. When in car configuration change, you’ll notice everything sectioned into vehicle configurations1-8, ECU configurations 3-18, etc. CBC Features are mostly lighting features, with the LED lighting settings toggling on or off the PWM to the various exterior lights, and the behaviors of various lights.
CBC Config I/O section has to do directly with turning on or off the various pins on the BCM connector ports (inputs and outputs). There are 7 connectors on the BCM labeled A-G, and all the wires going into the connectors go to numbered pins. So, if you were to install the hood latch switch for remote start, the hood ajar sense wire goes to BCM connector C1/A- pin 11, and you would turn on pin A-11.
CBC Config I/O Usage section defines what exactly the use of certain BCM connector pins are that might have multiple functions. These BCMs are shared with multiple stellantis vehicles, so what a certain pin does on a Ram, might do something else on a Pacifica.

Last edited:

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I felt the same way since my truck is the limited and already has all the nice options. The speedo calibration alone was worth the investment and I have now found other options that are just extra bonus.

Speedo calibration - tire size
DRL configuration
Driving light dropout with high beams
Performance pages
Off road pages
Hi Med Lo settings on steering wheel heat

I plan to play with ride height soon and tune up my HVAC settings as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/