5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I did a little searching and these are the two changes needed to get the tailgate open indications working. JBowman's 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Again thanks. Apparently my factory settings weren't saved to Google drive like I thought. I clicked on Google drive and it showed "body computer" but it didn't have any text saved. I'll have to figure that out before I go any further.

Shives

Reaction score
Tazer DT allows global down and up! Needs to be programmed. Also the power mirror folding. These are live functions I think. And of course the Tazer needs to remain in place in order to work.

Satx_Cummins

Reaction score
Anyone happen to know how to disable the annoying ding when the drivers door is open with ignition on? Thanks!

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I stopped into my selling ram dealer today to inquire about the right side auto dimming mirror that my truck doesn't have. I wanted to get a part # for the actual mirror glass. They were very adamant about saying that it could not be added. I know it can be via alfaobd but I just needed to see if the mirror glass is available. I have a pretty good dealer but they were almost dead set on insisting it could not be done. With the help of a forum member whose already given me some information I'm looking to see if I can find the correct mirror

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I stopped into my selling ram dealer today to inquire about the right side auto dimming mirror that my truck doesn't have. I wanted to get a part # for the actual mirror glass. They were very adamant about saying that it could not be added. I know it can be via alfaobd but I just needed to see if the mirror glass is available. I have a pretty good dealer but they were almost dead set on insisting it could not be done. With the help of a forum member whose already given me some information I'm looking to see if I can find the correct mirror
It it's because you have to add the wiring too. They won't do it. Jimmy07 can make the jumper wire needed.

And I might have a mirror for you. I just need to finish the surround view camera install.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
It it's because you have to add the wiring too. They won't do it. Jimmy07 can make the jumper wire needed.

And I might have a mirror for you. I just need to finish the surround view camera install.
Yeah I'm aware the harness isn't there and I already spoke with Jimmy about it. Which mirrors do you have currently?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware the harness isn't there and I already spoke with Jimmy about it. Which mirrors do you have currently?
I have the one that has auto dimming and heated. On mine currently, it is only heated. I have 2 right now. If I don't break it while removing it, then I'll have no need for the other one.

Rlaf75

Takes potshots
Reaction score
I have the one that has auto dimming and heated. On mine currently, it is only heated. I have 2 right now. If I don't break it while removing it, then I'll have no need for the other one.
Can you past a picture of them? I want to make sure its the one I'm looking for

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can you get a part number off the mirror with auto-dim? Does it have the blind spot arrow on it? I just broke my passenger side mirror, so figured, if I'm getting it replaced anyways, I would make it auto-dimming.

chrisd0729

Reaction score
I have the BAFX adapter for mine. Has done everything I wanted to use it for. I know it won't connect to some modules, but I havent wanted to change anything on those anyways.
Do you know which modules the BAFX won't work on? Does this at least work to correct the speedo for tire size?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you know which modules the BAFX won't work on? Does this at least work to correct the speedo for tire size?
It won’t connect to any modules on the IHS bus unless you use an adapter.
Those would be the radio, display screen, integrated center stack, hvac, door modules, amplifier, ANC, memory seat, heated seat, blind spot sensors, CVPM, and power side steps.

Edit to add- Yes, the BAFX will work for tire size, because that is a change that is made in the BCM.

Last edited:

Sesame

Reaction score
Привет ребята!
Подскажите, я новичок в AlfaOBD.
В моем грузовике нет турецкого в списке. Есть английский, испанский и итальянский. Я видел, что делают около 10 языков, включая турецкий.
Подозреваю, что делают это с помощью AlfaOBD.
My Limited 2020 модельного года, экран 12 дюймов
Как это исправить?
Пишу со словарем, не все обороты могут быть правильными.
Спасибо, пожалуйста!
Добрый день или ночь! Подскажите новичку. Насколько я понимаю, двое участников написали "Ха-ха". Значит ли это, что мой вопрос смешной или ответ на него смешной? Пожалуйста, объясните, может ли AlfaOBD изменить язык моего грузовика. Благодарю вас!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Добрый день или ночь! Подскажите новичку. Насколько я понимаю, двое участников написали "Ха-ха". Значит ли это, что мой вопрос смешной или ответ на него смешной? Пожалуйста, объясните, может ли AlfaOBD изменить язык моего грузовика. Благодарю вас!
They probably laughed because they didn't know what you wrote. Are you looking to enable Turkish for the overall truck language using AlphaODB?

Երևի ծիծաղել են, քանի որ չգիտեն, թե ինչ ես գրել։ Դուք ցանկանում եք միացնել թուրքերենը բեռնատարի ընդհանուր լեզվի համար՝ օգտագործելով AlphaODB?

Users who are viewing this thread