5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

Brian B

Reaction score
ONLY if you currently have forward collision warning. If not, then you need a different rear view mirror, and the settings will be different.
I used the mirror you referenced in the hdram.com forum "Mirror with auto high beam and auto dim- 68312206AA" and I pointed to the CRVMM. Everything works with one issue, when it dims on an oncoming vehicle sometimes it goes high again when their closer prompting them to flash me. Isq there some way to adjust the sensitivity?

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes. There is a document on how to do it on the Google drive.
Okay, I downloaded PR39.7 to a 16GB, FAT32 formatted blank flash drive, then I extracted the files onto the drive. I followed the instructions on the .pdf document, but I didn't get the software update screen. At the bottom of the screen, I saw it extracting files, but it didn't do anything else after that. I cycled the ignition off and back to run without luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If someone could help, I would appreciate it. Explain it to me like I'm a moron, because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this kind of stuff. I know just enough to be dangerous.

The content on my flash drive looks like this:

PR39.7a.jpg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, I downloaded PR39.7 to a 16GB, FAT32 formatted blank flash drive, then I extracted the files onto the drive. I followed the instructions on the .pdf document, but I didn't get the software update screen. At the bottom of the screen, I saw it extracting files, but it didn't do anything else after that. I cycled the ignition off and back to run without luck. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. If someone could help, I would appreciate it. Explain it to me like I'm a moron, because I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to this kind of stuff. I know just enough to be dangerous.

View attachment 119145
Only thing that should be in the thumb drive when you plug it into truck is the extracted files.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 119145
Start over and re-format the drive. The two that I highlighted do not go on the usb. In the original location that you have the unzipped file in the middle, open that folder, and only move the file folder that says VP4R to the usb drive. B7C29527-D6D3-4F77-9B43-533E7CEBCB55.jpeg

Toperz

Reaction score
Start over and re-format the drive. The two that I highlighted do not go on the usb. In the original location that you have the unzipped file in the middle, open that folder, and only move the file folder that says VP4R to the usb drive. View attachment 119146
Like Jimmy said just folder "VP4R_Update" do not copy ".DS_Store" file. In my situation I had to buy new flash drive(16GB), for some reason everyone I've used and formatted to FAT32 didn't read. Got new, copied folder and update went smooth.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Got the performance pages and off-road pages. Of course, I don't have all the hardware to make everything work on those pages. But, it is cool.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 119145

1643675698106.png

NewLove

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got the performance pages and off-road pages. Of course, I don't have all the hardware to make everything work on those pages. But, it is cool.

What trim RAM do you have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Hey @Jimmy07,

Well it’s been over a year now and I finally had a chance to give this a try out. I have the back up grid lines present when I put the truck into reverse before messing with anything. I plugged in my security gateway bypass and fired up the app. I have changed the settings to Static + Dynamic but have not seen a change in the settings on the radio yet. I will look for the change again tomorrow morning, does the change usually take a bit of time to take effect?

I also noticed something as I was scrolling through the app, i noticed that the setting “Rear view camera gridlines CSM present:” is set for “Not present” - Could this maybe be a reason why the above static + dynamic options are not showing up?

Thanks for any input you can provide.

3a566d92e38f3cf6c309ee39f930acab.jpg

ef9d6c7495e24c0711609df4aa5588d8.jpg

After spending a couple hours in the garage playing with the following settings and different combinations of them enabled….. I have come to the conclusion that I don’t think static lines are an option that will work with the surround view 360 package. I am only able to get the dynamic lines to work. When I enable the static+dynamic I am unable to toggle just one of them on. Both options turn back on as soon as they are turned off on the radio and no static lines ever show up.

1ca821533d29fa4aa8236f8cd7d51e40.jpg

Csjumper2003

Reaction score
is there a way through alpha obd to turn off afm on these trucks? I see where to turn off the start and stop on my tazer but would love to turn off my hemi turning into a civic

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
is there a way through alpha obd to turn off afm on these trucks? I see where to turn off the start and stop on my tazer but would love to turn off my hemi turning into a civic
Pulsar is only device, short of a custom tune on an unlocked PCM that has a MDS disable. You can turn on tow/haul mode and it won't engage MDS. And with the TazerDT, it will remember it being in and turn it on automatically every time you start truck

Users who are viewing this thread