5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Too many options to list based on personal preference and budget. There are only 2 options for AlfaOBD (Android app or windows program) but multiple approaches you can take for the rest.

This is a long thread but lots of great info to glean from it while enjoying a cup (or 3) of coffee as Idahoktm mentioned.

You will need 3 things:

- AlfaOBD program
- Security Gateway Bypass
- OBDII connection that will communicate with the device you have AlfaOBD on

From there it's up to you to decide how you want to build your equipment list to meet those requirements, how soon you want them, and your budget.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Looking for suggestions on a gateway module bypass cable. The one I wanted on Amazon is unavailable.

Attachments

• F08B5A70-9132-4319-ABE6-7ED7DAC69BF3.png
    F08B5A70-9132-4319-ABE6-7ED7DAC69BF3.png
    297.3 KB · Views: 50

Tatanka_ram

Reaction score
alfaOBD is an app. There is only one app. If you are talking about the OBD2 device that plugs into the truck, it sounds like it's hit or miss on some of the cheaper devices. The preferred device, that is known to work, has been posted multiple times
are you trying to tell me, **** off and read the information in the thread? because it sounds like you know the answer and just dont want to give it?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
are you trying to tell me, **** off and read the information in the thread? because it sounds like you know the answer and just dont want to give it?
If I knew the exact name or part number, I would have told you. I don't have it memorized so suggesting looking for the multiple posts that have been made about it

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If I knew the exact name or part number, I would have told you. I don't have it memorized so suggesting looking for the multiple posts that have been made about it

Bet you're motivated to go find it now.... Lol

jdpanero

Reaction score
Well, I've been paying my dues (Tazer, AlfaOBD, new laptop) and studying on and off for many months and I cannot get my one problem fixed. My 2021 Ram 1500 Eco Laramie came with Tow mirrors (not what I ordered), so I put the smaller folding mirrors on, BUT, my 360 camera view is now distorted and I cannot figure out how to fix this. Please help a brother out.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well, I've been paying my dues (Tazer, AlfaOBD, new laptop) and studying on and off for many months and I cannot get my one problem fixed. My 2021 Ram 1500 Eco Laramie came with Tow mirrors (not what I ordered), so I put the smaller folding mirrors on, BUT, my 360 camera view is now distorted and I cannot figure out how to fix this. Please help a brother out.
You need to recalibrate it in AlfaODB. From what I've seen, it is best to do it in a well lit parking lot with plenty of cars. It likes a lot of objects to look at.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can the OEM led headlights have sequential turn signal with alpa?

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone figure out how add off-road pages yet?

Last edited:

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone figure out how add off-road pages yet?
You have to be on the latest update PR 39..
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES
VehConfig 2-Off-road Capable =YES
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present =YES

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You have to be on the latest update PR 39..
You need to enable them with AlfaOBD
Below gives you the off road pages and performance pages.

VehConfig 1-Performance Pages Present = YES
VehConfig 2-Off-road Capable =YES
VehConfig 5-Off-Road Pages Present =YES
What is PR39?

Users who are viewing this thread