5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What is PR39?
The latest software update.
What is PR39?
Start reading from here.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The latest software update.

Start reading from here.
Thanks. It looks like I'm good to go.

20211021_164206.jpg

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is really old. It is like 35. I wonder if I can get them to push an update or if I can pay the dealer.
There is a link to download them.

Edmontonram

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone knows what the latest software version is for the 8.4 Nav radio ?
Having a hard time getting a setting to take in Alfa, wondering if this might be the issue.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Reaction score
There is a link to download them.
Great, I was able to update to it. I enable the pages, but I don't see them yet. Of course, I know it takes a few for it to show up.

Last edited:

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Great, I was about to update to it. I enable the pages, but I don't see them yet. Of course, I know it takes a few for it to show up.
If you connect to the radio with AlfaOBD (2017 navigator module), and reset the ECU a few times, it will force the settings changes to the radio similar to what tazer does with a reboot.

vincentw56

Reaction score
If you connect to the radio with AlfaOBD (2017 navigator module), and reset the ECU a few times, it will force the settings changes to the radio similar to what tazer does with a reboot.
For some reason I cannot connect to it. I'm using the Android app. Also, just so I know, how do I get to the pages? Is it in the Uconnect apps section?

Idahoktm

Reaction score
Great, I was able to update to it. I enable the pages, but I don't see them yet. Of course, I know it takes a few for it to show up.
So, did you just download the file onto a USB drive then plug it into one of the USB ports under the screen?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
For some reason I cannot connect to it. I'm using the Android app. Also, just so I know, how do I get to the pages? Is it in the Uconnect apps section?
You can only connect to the radio module if you are using the type of gateway bypass that replaces the security gateway module. It can’t be the kaodtech style OBD port bypass.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
there is a tone of info in this thread, apologies if it been asked.
will any brand alphaOB2 work ???

alfaOBD is an app. There is only one app. If you are talking about the OBD2 device that plugs into the truck, it sounds like it's hit or miss on some of the cheaper devices. The preferred device, that is known to work, has been posted multiple times

are you trying to tell me, **** off and read the information in the thread? because it sounds like you know the answer and just dont want to give it?

Wow. He gave you a valid answer to a question that wasn't asked in a clear manner.

"any brand alhaOBD2" is a gobbledygook conflation of two different things.

jdpanero

Reaction score
You need to recalibrate it in AlfaODB. From what I've seen, it is best to do it in a well lit parking lot with plenty of cars. It likes a lot of objects to look at.
Do you know where to find recalibration in AlfaOBD?

Brian B

Reaction score
VehConfig 1: Auto Highbeam- YES
**2014 CBC Config I/O & Feat.: Auto High Beam Module Location- IRCM**
CustSetMenu 1: Auto High Beam CSM Present- YES
**CustSetMenu 2: Teen Key Automatic High Beam CSM Present- NO**
Cust.Prog.Features: Auto High Beam- Enabled
Do these settings apply to my 2020 2500 as well?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do these settings apply to my 2020 2500 as well?
ONLY if you currently have forward collision warning. If not, then you need a different rear view mirror, and the settings will be different.

Users who are viewing this thread