5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

Okie22

Reaction score
You can enable auto parking brake in the truck. I have mine set up for that. When I put trans in park it automatically applies parking brake. And as long as I have my seat belt on, it releases parking brake when you shift into gear. All without ever having to touch the button
I am very curious about this change. My wife's '20 Avalon has this feature. I have a '22 1500 BH with the button/lever for the parking brake. Is it possible to make this change and if so, what needs to be change.

PS....I'm not a Sooner or Pokes fan. I'm actually a 'Skers fan :)

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am very curious about this change. My wife's '20 Avalon has this feature. I have a '22 1500 BH with the button/lever for the parking brake. Is it possible to make this change and if so, what needs to be change.

PS....I'm not a Sooner or Pokes fan. I'm actually a 'Skers fan :)
Not sure on Uconnect 5, it's a setting you can change in the radio screen.

Okie22

Reaction score
Gotchya...thanks for the info. I'll look into it

U

User_67930

Maybe I missed it but is there a way to change the startup/splash screen?
My evic says Bighorn and the radio says Ram right now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I missed it but is there a way to change the startup/splash screen?
My evic says Bighorn and the radio says Ram right now.
You can't change the splash screen on the radio display, just the EVIC.

U

User_67930

Gotcha. What are the steps?
Also, I added the performance pages, how long does it take to show up?
--Edit--

Nevermind the pages just popped up!

Now I just need the steps to change the evic splash screen

Last edited by a moderator:

Sal213

Reaction score
Did anyone faced issues with transmission shifting up & down after changing the tire size?

I changed mine to a size from the list and it was perfect with gps speed, however transmission shifting has become a bit harsh specially 1 to 2 & 4 to 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did anyone faced issues with transmission shifting up & down after changing the tire size?

I changed mine to a size from the list and it was perfect with gps speed, however transmission shifting has become a bit harsh specially 1 to 2 & 4 to 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anything the transmission shifted better after I programmed the new tire size. I entered the tire circumference instead of using one on the list, but I doubt that makes any difference.

JLo0208

Reaction score
Hello y’all, new guy here. I have a 2022 2500 BH factory heated seats & wheel. I was curious as to why there are no comfort controls on my 8.4” non-nav screen. Is there anything in Alfa that can add these soft keys? What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated! 2B92C38D-CF9C-493F-97E4-00313974CEA4.jpeg

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello y’all, new guy here. I have a 2022 2500 BH factory heated seats & wheel. I was curious as to why there are no comfort controls on my 8.4” non-nav screen. Is there anything in Alfa that can add these soft keys? What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated! View attachment 153314
Because you have actual physical buttons above the HVAC controls knobs. No need for them on the radio screen

TNRamGuy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello y’all, new guy here. I have a 2022 2500 BH factory heated seats & wheel. I was curious as to why there are no comfort controls on my 8.4” non-nav screen. Is there anything in Alfa that can add these soft keys? What am I missing here? Any help is appreciated! View attachment 153314
Welcome! Just to let you know this forum has a sister site, that is specifically HD rams. Many members belong to both Ram Heavy Duty Forum

Meadem

Reaction score
So I successfully turned on my tailgate ajar warning, and stopped the fog lights from turning off when the high beams are on, had no success with the off-road or performance pages, nor with the global w windows down. However I had too much success with the heated steering wheel, I was able to get the 3 heat settings, but decided I didn’t care much for it. Went back and changed the heated wheel level back to default, but the wheel stays on the 3 level settings..help!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I successfully turned on my tailgate ajar warning, and stopped the fog lights from turning off when the high beams are on, had no success with the off-road or performance pages, nor with the global w windows down. However I had too much success with the heated steering wheel, I was able to get the 3 heat settings, but decided I didn’t care much for it. Went back and changed the heated wheel level back to default, but the wheel stays on the 3 level settings..help!
Unfortunately you can't reset steering wheel back to default through the menu options. You will have to restore your factory configuration if you saved it. Only other option maybe to to set it to two level high/low. I like the three level on mine personally

Also global windows down doesn't work on any 5rh gen. It's well documented on the forums. The only way it works is with the TazerDT live function

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If you send me a copy of your current backup file, and tell me what all 4 seats A settings are currently set to, I’ll tell you what to do to get the original heated wheel setting back.

frisby5

Reaction score
If i am making a change to VTA alarm do i make the 3 changes at same time or do one at a time and cycle power then wait 5 minutes before making another change?
Thx ! Its all for the alarm ...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If i am making a change to VTA alarm do i make the 3 changes at same time or do one at a time and cycle power then wait 5 minutes before making another change?
Thx ! Its all for the alarm ...
Change them all one right after another. No need to wait between changes.

frisby5

Reaction score
Change them all one right after another. No need to wait between changes.
Ok thanks ,i seen there is 4 changes needed on the VTA alarm per the instructions. I have a 22 BH i thought the alarm was standard ,i guess it isnt ,i havnt tried to see if it worked before.

Meadem

Reaction score
Hey Jimmy, thanks for the offer to help! I just restored it from my backup and started fresh, got the tailgate ajar warning and fog log drop off disabled and I’m happy, will probably change the materials for the seats and steering wheel as well, but no other plans till I drop the $ on the bed lights

Users who are viewing this thread