5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

Quietpeen

Reaction score
Instead of starting a whole new thread, I figured best to ask this here. I have a 5th gen that came without heated seats or heated steering wheel. I have bought a set of heated seats and installed them. This morning I swapped my clock spring and put on a heated steering wheel. I have searched A LOT with no luck(maybe my search phrases are wrong). Anyway does anybody know all the settings needed to enable on AlfaOBD? I have the 12” screen so i just need to enable the seats, wheel, and all uconnect settings. Also my truck is a 2021 so i don’t have the new uconnect if that matters.

Last edited:

helton87

Reaction score
Is there a way to get rid of the low battery safety?? Me and a buddy haul campers and my battery drained low enough it would just click. But when I removed the relay and jumped the pins with a small wire, I was able to start the truck without jump starting it.

KMach

Reaction score
Anyone tried to see which heated seat setting is the hottest with cloth seats? I tried perf. leather instead of default but I’m unsure if it really feels hotter or not but the ambient temps haven’t been very cold today to get a good feel. Thinking of just trying cloth option instead of default to see what happens.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried to see which heated seat setting is the hottest with cloth seats? I tried perf. leather instead of default but I’m unsure if it really feels hotter or not but the ambient temps haven’t been very cold today to get a good feel. Thinking of just trying cloth option instead of default to see what happens.
I would think leather would be hotter than cloth since it would take more heat to radiate through cold leather

mariusp9

Reaction score
Just starting messing with AlfaOBD.
Trying to activate the Tailgate open warning
(Very frustrating missing feature).
Performed following:
ECUConfig 4: Tailgate Ajar Indication - Yes
CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Truck Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present - Yes.

NO Warning on dash. What am I missing here?
2022 Laramie Level 1 group.

I was able to do the fog lamp dropout, as a confirmation I'm do these right.

Thanks!

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Performed following:
CBC Config I/O: Connector F Pin 26: Truck Liftgate Ajar Signal Input Present - Yes.

Thanks!
What warning are you looking for on dash? If not in gear, the only indication is the little red truck which will show tailgate open. Once you out it in gear, you should get an indication in EVIC display with the truck showing tailgate open.

skyhawk42

Reaction score
Performed following:

Thanks!
I know yours is a laramie, but my 22 bighorn didn’t have the latch with the switch or the correct jumper harness for that to work. I programmed it on like you did and when nothing happened I pulled the access panel off on the tailgate and checked the right hand latch and realized it only had 2 wires going to it. I bought the new latch with the switch and jumper harness and now it works

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Performed following:

Thanks!
You probably need the parts. Look at the post above, they have the information you need.

mariusp9

Reaction score
I know yours is a laramie, but my 22 bighorn didn’t have the latch with the switch or the correct jumper harness for that to work. I programmed it on like you did and when nothing happened I pulled the access panel off on the tailgate and checked the right hand latch and realized it only had 2 wires going to it. I bought the new latch with the switch and jumper harness and now it works
Do you have a part # please?

mariusp9

Reaction score
What warning are you looking for on dash? If not in gear, the only indication is the little red truck which will show tailgate open. Once you out it in gear, you should get an indication in EVIC display with the truck showing tailgate open.
I don't get any kind of warning with tailgate open. Yeah ofcourse, tried in gear as well.

billybaloneey

Reaction score
If a series of AlfaOBD commands are entered...for example...the addition of the Performance/Off Road commands...there appears to be 3 parameter changes (sometimes 2 if the Off Road parameter is left off). If 3 parameter changes were made in a specific order...and if I wanted to remove all 3 parameter changes...is it necessary to remove them in any specific order...such as last to first, or first to last, or it doesn't matter?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If a series of AlfaOBD commands are entered...for example...the addition of the Performance/Off Road commands...there appears to be 3 parameter changes (sometimes 2 if the Off Road parameter is left off). If 3 parameter changes were made in a specific order...and if I wanted to remove all 3 parameter changes...is it necessary to remove them in any specific order...such as last to first, or first to last, or it doesn't matter?
No

Jaywoo

Reaction score
So far as I can tell with the search function, no one has updated the odometer. I've upgraded the gauge cluster with one from a limited. I've went through the steps to update the odometer, but no luck. Maybe I'
m not letting it "sleep" long enough.

Security bypass installed, newest version of AlfaOBD, connected via OBDLink MX. I've successfully done other things like adjust tire size, seat belt dinger, fogs with high beams. Just can't get this to adjust.

Any tips? Thanks!
New and Old
IMG_1794.JPG
IMG_1789.JPG

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So far as I can tell with the search function, no one has updated the odometer. I've upgraded the gauge cluster with one from a limited. I've went through the steps to update the odometer, but no luck. Maybe I'
m not letting it "sleep" long enough.

Security bypass installed, newest version of AlfaOBD, connected via OBDLink MX. I've successfully done other things like adjust tire size, seat belt dinger, fogs with high beams. Just can't get this to adjust.

Any tips? Thanks!
New and Old
View attachment 145334
View attachment 145333
Not sure if alfaObd has that ability since it's a federal crime to tamper with odometer mileage. If you bought the new cluster brand new the seller should have offered the service

Jaywoo

Reaction score
Not sure if alfaObd has that ability since it's a federal crime to tamper with odometer mileage. If you bought the new cluster brand new the seller should have offered the service

It has the ability, there are youtube videos on on and I've done it on my 2018. I didn't buy it new, bought it used.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It has the ability, there are youtube videos on on and I've done it on my 2018. I didn't buy it new, bought it used.
What you could do on a 4th gen, doesnt mean it works on the 5th gens.

Users who are viewing this thread