5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
FYI to others, there may be another applicable setting here but I can’t confirm if it’s mandatory. I was messing with this tonight because although I have BH Level 2 package I don’t recall ever seeing the flashing indicator on the dash.

For me, all but the last setting were already configured as shown above. I also found:

ECUConfig3 VTA System Present: No

I changed both of these to ’Yes’ and I now have the indicator light and suppose it’s working as intended.

You said both but only mentioned one, what is the other?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E1NSER

Reaction score
It takes a lot. New mirrors with cameras, front and rear cameras, wiring harness, the video processing unit.

I will be doing it next month after I get back from vacation. I have all the parts. I just need the weather to be better.
Figured it was pretty involved similar to the ACC and lane assist but if it doesn't cost thousands to do I was considering it. Look forward to your experience with it @vincentw56 to see how you make out. Keep us updated. Thanks!

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
My gatherings from doing the exact same thing as you on my 22’ Limited have been that when added, either off-road pages or performance pages, they show immediately in the EVIC. problem is if they do show up on the screen they will disappear. I did a factory reset twice on different software versions in the past week and each time they show up. Sometimes they will open on the radio 1 time before they just completely disappear again. I believe at this point it’s the radio software that is messed up. I’m on S21D.5 for reference.
This happens to me also. I'm at S23 now.
One time I had the paves on the 12 inch for 2 days tops.

The timers work on my screen above the wheel but wish I had them on the 12 inch for good...

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine are on when the engine is running and in any gear selected, including Park and Neutral.

Haven’t tested it. But if set turn signals to drl. When turn signal is activated. Dose it flash. I just set my drl lights to my turn signals tonight, But forgot to test it. Make sure it flashes when needed.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just curious... This is regarding the settings for the remote tailgate release that I have seen in Alpha. Mine isn't activated as I do not have the remote tailgate release on my key fob.
Would it be too costly to update/reprogram a new key fob to control the remote tailgate release? Is this even possible on a truck without it standard?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just curious... This is regarding the settings for the remote tailgate release that I have seen in Alpha. Mine isn't activated as I do not have the remote tailgate release on my key fob.
Would it be too costly to update/reprogram a new key fob to control the remote tailgate release? Is this even possible on a truck without it standard?
Yes it's possible, just need the fob and have dealer program. If you want to test it's you can use alfaOBD to release tailgate. If it will release through alfaOBD, then a new fob will work

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can also just solder on a button in the FOB if you want to go that route. The circuitry is there, just needs a button and some handiwork.

ETA: Disregard, not possible on the 1500.​

Last edited:

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes it's possible, just need the fob and have dealer program. If you want to test it's you can use alfaOBD to release tailgate. If it will release through alfaOBD, then a new fob will work
Didn’t realize that was possible. I will try it and see. Thanks.
You can also just solder on a button in the FOB if you want to go that route. The circuitry is there, just needs a button and some handiwork.
Interesting. Seem viable. Also seems way above my pay grade. 🤦🏻‍♂️
Found these. Would dealer program these?

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Many of us on hdrams have had trouble with the carandtruckremotes FOBs.

If a remote doesn't come in a MOPAR white parts bag, it's a refurb and may not program. that's what those are, refurbs. Then you're out the charge and sending back a key or trying to knowingly sell a garbage FOB to someone. Buy one from an online parts dealer at a discount (if you can find stock) or pay the pony with the dealer.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
HD owners can do that because the circuit board arrangement is identical no matter which fob it is. Unfortunately, 1500’s use a different arrangement for all their fobs:
0B1788FC-0E7B-4F31-9D1F-B49FD48D7309.jpeg
727DA66A-37E0-41B9-B466-F240D6175305.jpeg
A550EB05-6E46-4B5A-9655-89B2B6A6C4A7.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread