5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AlfaOBD Known Changes 5th Gen

swing4terps

Reaction score
Accent Lighting Setting:
To turn the accent lights off - CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present - No

Turn off the white frost brows (upper and lower accent lights) Thanks to @brian42
On the OEM LED reflector (Big Horn/Laramie) headlights:

CBC Extern Light Calibr: Signature Light Present- NO
Just so those are aware, as this came as a surprise to me. Turning off accent/signature lighting only applies to daytime driving. At night the brows still come on with your low beams.

Also, while I have not confirmed it works (I'll mess with it tomorrow), it looks like there's an option to enable signature dropout.

Last edited:

swing4terps

Reaction score
Also, while I have not confirmed it works (I'll mess with it tomorrow), it looks like there's an option to enable signature dropout.
Update: The same way turning off Sig lights did not disable them at night, Sig Dropout feature does not work at night either.

I did not test whether Sig dropout affects daytime function as I turned them off and enabled turn signal DRLs instead.

1500DFW

Reaction score
So I could not get the signature lights to work as DRLs. I have a 2919 Laramie. Previously I had the turn signals as DRLs. The changes happen in real time. No need to restart. Not sure why it didn’t work.

I have the 8.4 screen. I set the steering wheel to the med/low/high level. The screen only shows on or off. But the physical button stays lit though three presses. So even though the screen shows off it is still on. We’ll see how hot it gets.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I could not get the signature lights to work as DRLs. I have a 2919 Laramie. Previously I had the turn signals as DRLs. The changes happen in real time. No need to restart. Not sure why it didn’t work.

I have the 8.4 screen. I set the steering wheel to the med/low/high level. The screen only shows on or off. But the physical button stays lit though three presses. So even though the screen shows off it is still on. We’ll see how hot it gets.
Did you change the steering wheel type? Mine was set to wood/leather from factory. When I changed it to leather wrapped and the High/med/low, high doesn't get as hot as it did before, and low is just warm.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Well I enabled the performance pages, immediately they showed up on the EVIC and all timers and gforce meters work. Still nothing in the radio though which is weird since all my other changes I’ve made showed up immediately.

On another note I noticed there is some options for setting the auto on/off headlamps, had anyone ever messed with that?

1500DFW

Reaction score
Did you change the steering wheel type? Mine was set to wood/leather from factory. When I changed it to leather wrapped and the High/med/low, high doesn't get as hot as it did before, and low is just warm.

No. I left it leather/wood. Mine doesn’t get very hot. And I think the heating element is going out at the top anyway. I am hoping the thing will get significantly hotter than it is now. We’ll see in the morning.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just so those are aware, as this came as a surprise to me. Turning off accent/signature lighting only applies to daytime driving. At night the brows still come on with your low beams.

Update: The same way turning off Sig lights did not disable them at night, Sig Dropout feature does not work at night either.

I did not test whether Sig dropout affects daytime function as I turned them off and enabled turn signal DRLs instead.
The reason the signature lights come on at night is because they also double as the parking lights. So, whenever the headlights come on, or the parking lights are switched on, the same LEDs that serve as the signature lights will come on, since they are also fed by the parking light circuits.
Signature lamp dropout would mean that when a turn signal is used, the corresponding headlight’s signature lights will shut off (drop out) while the turn signal is flashing.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Installed my front camera. Activated it and turned Performance pages to Yes. Nothing has shown up for either of them yet. Hopefully I did everything correctly.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So went back in to adjust my settings for the signature LED strips as DRLs. Turned signature lights setting back to YES. Adjusted the voltage up to 8.2v. I think I changed another setting, but would have to dive back into it again. Pretty sure it had to do with "dedicated" lighting. Was sitting in line for car wash, so was just scrolling through all the options. When I got home and parked in garage, turned headlight knob to off, left truck running. Signature lights were on, and they were definitely brighter. Was not in gear.

Original settings from first post for reference.

Changes:
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- DEDICATED
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature Light Present- NO<----switched mine back to YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present- YES

1500DFW

Reaction score
So went back in to adjust my settings for the signature LED strips as DRLs. Turned signature lights setting back to YES. Adjusted the voltage up to 8.2v. I think I changed another setting, but would have to dive back into it again. Pretty sure it had to do with "dedicated" lighting. Was sitting in line for car wash, so was just scrolling through all the options. When I got home and parked in garage, turned headlight knob to off, left truck running. Signature lights were on, and they were definitely brighter. Was not in gear.

Original settings from first post for reference.

Changes:
CBC Features DRL Configuration- OPTIONAL
CBC Features DRL Lamp Location- DEDICATED
CBC Features DRL Dropout Enabled- YES
CBC Extern.Light Calib. Signature Light Present- NOCBC Extern.Light Calib. Left Side (and right side) DRL Voltage Target- 7.4 (but can be raised)
CustSetMenu 1 daytime running lights CSM Present- YES

Do they actually drop out when you turn the turn signal on?

ProKubinator

Reaction score
So I got the off-road pages and performance pages on my screen following the alpha obd steps. Only issue, I have 2 off-road pages and the performance pages. Anyone else have this duplicate pages show up?
can you post what the off road pages and performance pages look like?

1500DFW

Reaction score
Well I could not get the signature lights to work as DRLs. I followed Jimmy’s instructions. Then I tried every possible combination of options available. Canada, Europe, Dedicated, etc. has anybody else had any luck? If so, what options did you set? And are the signature lights actually brighter as DRLs like other makes and models of cars?

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Is everyone else sure their DRL’s come on only when put into gear? My DRL’s stay on all the time when the engine is running, regardless of being in park or gear. I’ve tried every possible combination of relevant settings using AlfaOBD and nothing can get them to trigger only when put into gear. I noticed they functioned like this on the factory settings (low beam as DRL) too, before I ever made any changes with AlfaOBD. The info for the DRL setting in the radio even says “Turns on daytime running lights when the vehicle is in motion” yet there’s no differentiation between not moving/moving, they’re just always on when the engine is running. I verified on my friends ‘22 1500 that the DRL’s function the same way and are also always on when the engine is running.

Rebel2022

Reaction score
Mine are on at all times in or out of gear UNLESS the parking brake is activated. The Parking brake shuts them off same as it does in most vehicles on the road today.

MoreOvalteenPlz

Reaction score
Mine are on at all times in or out of gear UNLESS the parking brake is activated. The Parking brake shuts them off same as it does in most vehicles on the road today.

That’s how I was turning them off while parked with the engine running, but it gets old engaging/disengaging the parking brake constantly. So now I’ve resorted to just turning them on through the radio when i want them on.

Users who are viewing this thread