5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride with DAYSTAR and REVEL Links!

Checkmate251

Reaction score
Looking to do spacers and links to clear a small tire rub.. I have a 20 Limited with ORP with 305/65/18s.

Just wanted to check back again that nobody was throwing errors or having any computer issues w/ the Air?
As long as you don’t go to high you will not!

DDUCK22

Reaction score
I actually got almost 2” of lift with no error codes for the air ride, do you can crank it up quite a bit!
I will find out on 3 Sep. I have everything just waiting on the mechanic now.
Here is the truck now with the wheels and tires I installed on 18 Aug

Attachments

• 25EA5FA8-C2C9-4815-9003-D798CD600E56.jpeg
    25EA5FA8-C2C9-4815-9003-D798CD600E56.jpeg
    184.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 2913DEF5-BE4A-4EA2-A57D-0FA9ACCD0E94.jpeg
    2913DEF5-BE4A-4EA2-A57D-0FA9ACCD0E94.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 1079ABE8-7AD5-4409-A07A-624ED192B718.jpeg
    1079ABE8-7AD5-4409-A07A-624ED192B718.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 371

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I will find out on 3 Sep. I have everything just waiting on the mechanic now.
Here is the truck now with the wheels and tires I installed on 18 Aug

What tire size are you running? What setting are these pictures in?

Also, assuming you have links installed?

Checkmate251

Reaction score

295 60 20,
Links and Daystar puck installed, gained about 2”!
i’m running just in normal mode I really don’t monkey with it too much I’ve never got a code but it seems like the guys that get the codes are the ones that always fiddle with the air ride lowering it down and going into off-road two and playing with the settings are the guys that seem to get the codes I just leave it alone and I’m good!

19TXLimited

Reaction score
295 60 20,
Links and Daystar puck installed, gained about 2”!
i’m running just in normal mode I really don’t monkey with it too much I’ve never got a code but it seems like the guys that get the codes are the ones that always fiddle with the air ride lowering it down and going into off-road two and playing with the settings are the guys that seem to get the codes I just leave it alone and I’m good!

Thanks, was actually trying to ask @DDUCK22 what size wheels/tires he is running and what height the pictures were taken in. I really like the wheels...look similar to what my mom's neighbor put on his limited after the stocks were stolen.

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
Is anyone else's Revel Links like SUPER short? I have the daystars spacers as well, but my links are about 2 3/4 inches from top to bottom (not eye to eye)... And I can still go into OR1, but not OR2. My truck is about as completely level as I can measure from ground to fender. Front fenders are sitting about 39.5 in off the ground with stock 22's and tires.

Also, can someone help me with this whole "binding" thing, I am somewhat new, and not sure what that really means. I see that I am on a steeper than usual angle, but not really close to hurting the arms.

Any and all info Is greatly appreciated!

Also, planning on going 35x12.5r22 tires, which I think shouldn't be an issue from what ive read on this forum?

Thanks all! please go easy on me :)

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpeg
    IMG_1541.jpeg
    109.5 KB · Views: 192

19TXLimited

Reaction score
Is anyone else's Revel Links like SUPER short? I have the daystars spacers as well, but my links are about 2 3/4 inches from top to bottom (not eye to eye)... And I can still go into OR1, but not OR2. My truck is about as completely level as I can measure from ground to fender. Front fenders are sitting about 39.5 in off the ground with stock 22's and tires.

Also, can someone help me with this whole "binding" thing, I am somewhat new, and not sure what that really means. I see that I am on a steeper than usual angle, but not really close to hurting the arms.

Also, planning on going 35x12.5r22 tires, which I think shouldn't be an issue from what ive read on this forum?

What setting was the picture taken in?

My links measure 2 5/8" from end to end...not eye to eye.

I measure 41" ground to fender in normal mode on 285/55R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I took my truck up a little in the rear as well to achieve this. I have OR2, but with nearly any weight in the bed or cab it will get stuck in OR2 and give a payload error...not to mention in OR2 it is extremely bouncy now! I just wanted the max I could go for normal mode as it's really the only mode I use aside from Aero on highway and lowering the truck to wash/enter parking garage/provide easier access to bed.

Mike.M1367

Reaction score
What setting was the picture taken in?

My links measure 2 5/8" from end to end...not eye to eye.

I measure 41" ground to fender in normal mode on 285/55R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I took my truck up a little in the rear as well to achieve this. I have OR2, but with nearly any weight in the bed or cab it will get stuck in OR2 and give a payload error...not to mention in OR2 it is extremely bouncy now! I just wanted the max I could go for normal mode as it's really the only mode I use aside from Aero on highway and lowering the truck to wash/enter parking garage/provide easier access to bed.

The picture was in Normal mode. I'm glad I'm not the only one with "super" short links.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah my links are short too and my truck sits about perfectly level. I too will get stuck in off road 2 If I don’t adjust it down as soon as I get in the truck and it is extremely bouncy in off-road 2

19TXLimited

Reaction score
The picture was in Normal mode. I'm glad I'm not the only one with "super" short links.

My links are extremely short, but I think I got about a 3/1 level out of the links, daystar pucks and rough country upper control arms.

Hard for me to tell though because I can't find where I recorded the stock measurements from ground to fender.

From what I calculate though the new 285/55R22 Nitto Ridge Grapplers added about .75-1.1" to the overall height (based on tiresize.com/comparison/), then the remainder would be from the level.

Borrowed from @dblankenbaker for 2018 Ram Air Stock Measurements.

Screen Shot 2019-04-06 at 12.47.17 PM.png

DDUCK22

Reaction score

Sorry so late. Been working a lot. Those wheels are 22x10 -18 offset with 33x12.5 tires

I love the look of the wheels but the color wasn’t what I expected. Will be letting them go

DDUCK22

Reaction score
Installed Daystar spacers and revel links. Love the look. I’m .5” lower in the front but hardly noticeable without a tape measure. I can continue to adjust to get even all the way around but didn’t want to inflate bags too much. I didn’t measure the links either, but I can if someone needs me to. Truck is in off-road 1 in this pic. I only did it for the picture. I always ride in normal. The ride is different but not in a bad way. The truck responds more to bumps now. All air levels work although off-road 2 took a bit longer to get to than normal. Not a big deal I never use it.
let me know if you have questions

Attachments

• 2520470C-A4EE-45F6-BFC9-5A0375326161.jpeg
    2520470C-A4EE-45F6-BFC9-5A0375326161.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 346

DDUCK22

Reaction score

Honestly don’t remember what ride height I was in. I have spacer and links installed now.

Landrover1

Reaction score

Landrover1

Reaction score
I tried the revel links but one side wouldn’t stay locked in, the passenger side. The silicone boot wouldn’t stay on tight, tried adjusting the angle, which you can do slightly by loosening sensor bracket but that didn’t work. The truck was constantly adjusting because of the loose link. Revel link customer service was great, they responded immediately, I just never was able to get them to securely fit. I then bought air links, which resemble factory links but are adjustable. Super easy install and they fasten securely. Cheaper also. Leveled the front. I just ride in normal mode, occasionally drop it. Riding on 22” Toyo AT 2s. No rubbing.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
Got my tires put on today.

285/55R22 on stock wheels. No spacers.

I am currently leveled with Revel Links only. Approx 0.5in rake.

need to trim 2mm of fender liner that rubs in reverse.need to align the truck though so it may not run following alignment. Next up is the Daystars and maybe new upper control arms modded to fit limited air suspension.
Here are some pictures.
getting ready for my truck. Did you ever do the UCA ? if so what did you go with

19TXLimited

Reaction score
getting ready for my truck. Did you ever do the UCA ? if so what did you go with

I used the old style Rough Country control arms. They seem to work well, although the control arm has a piece of metal for bracing that comes extremely close to the strut. If it was possible to modify and cut that supporting piece I would definitely make a cut. I will grab some pictures, but so far zero issues. I do not use OR2 aside from when parked so far and rarely use OR1. Truck sits at 41" from ground to fender all the way around with 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers. Done using front and rear revel links, Day Star spacers and RC upper control arms.

AtlasRam1500

Reaction score
I used the old style Rough Country control arms. They seem to work well, although the control arm has a piece of metal for bracing that comes extremely close to the strut. If it was possible to modify and cut that supporting piece I would definitely make a cut. I will grab some pictures, but so far zero issues. I do not use OR2 aside from when parked so far and rarely use OR1. Truck sits at 41" from ground to fender all the way around with 285/55R22 Ridge Grapplers. Done using front and rear revel links, Day Star spacers and RC upper control arms.
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread