5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Air Ride with DAYSTAR and REVEL Links!

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
What would be the advantage of raising the rear a smidge to level it out vs not raising the front as much? I never understood that, as i thought you adjusted the front until it was level to the rear
You can get a bit of lift from the truck and still retain a decent ride. also, the links are not an exact science, so slight adjustments may be needed truck to truck

VaBeachRam

Reaction score
You can get a bit of lift from the truck and still retain a decent ride. also, the links are not an exact science, so slight adjustments may be needed truck to truck
I guess i'm wondering why adjust the rear as opposed to just adjusting the front and lowering it back down a little if it sits too high?

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
I guess i'm wondering why adjust the rear as opposed to just adjusting the front and lowering it back down a little if it sits too high?
Some people may want a bit more than just a level on the front.

DTenGil

Reaction score
Also need every bit of clearance in the front to fit some 35" tires. I'm still tinkering with mine, but my 35x12.5r22 toyo at3 rub

bourgeois

Reaction score
Yes, but you've the spacers so I'm assuming that's the difference, & you won't be retaining the factory ride. Before I added the spacers 59mm was the sweet spot w/o any of the warnings. 58mm I couldn't get it into OR2 w/o the the system needing to cool & 57 wouldn't allow it into OR1 before cooling.

Is your front end the same height on both sides? I've noticed mine no longer is.
I can not get my driver front to raise more then 38 1/4" . I have adjusted mostly all the way down and it didnt do anything. Do you know what is wrong?

NJC1684

Reaction score
I can not get my driver front to raise more then 38 1/4" . I have adjusted mostly all the way down and it didnt do anything. Do you know what is wrong?
Have you tried swapping the links from one side to the other? If so, same results? Seems odd!

d15nonvtec

Reaction score
When I was playing with the heights and adjusting my links I moved the suspension down to ACCESS then back up to NORMAL to check the heights. If I just adjusted the links the suspension wouldn't move.

bourgeois

Reaction score
When I was playing with the heights and adjusting my links I moved the suspension down to ACCESS then back up to NORMAL to check the heights. If I just adjusted the links the suspension wouldn't move.
Did the you move the plastic arm for the leveling up and down?

Truantjohnny

Reaction score
Got the daystar spacer and links installed on my 2019 limited with the air ride. After about a week I noticed some grinding/rubbing noise. Took a look and found the lower arm rubbing against notch on the back of the wheel
Not entirely sure what the area is called. It’s happening on both sides. Occurs when I take a hard turn left or right. Rechecked all of my connections and everything seems solid.

Anyway, has anyone else experienced this.. what could be the cause of this? I imagine it will just rub a groove in that area but will that cause significant damage to be concerned about ? View attachment 74859 View attachment 74860
Squidward, just checked my 2019 Laramie 1500. I don’t have daystar spacers but I did put a rough country 2” level bracket on a few weeks ago. I also have this rubbing, but I don’t think it’s caused by any lift. It seems built to mate during a hard lock. Checked my neighbors TRD Pro Tundra and he also has a bit of rub there. The last image with the higher rub is from me pulling out of the daycare parking lot after picking up my kids in entry mode. I always make a hard left to get out while low. 0D44115D-06F5-400E-A898-C7ADC3FC0320.jpeg 84DD2399-9679-4EC9-A814-854876C474D6.jpeg

zajaco

Reaction score
Added the daystar level this weekend. I went with homemade links and the ReadyLift upper control arms. I got a deal on set of TRX tires and wheels. I did have to run a small wheel spacer to keep the tires off the UCA at full droop. All in all, I couldn't be happier. I'm almost perfectly level front to back and with the daystar pucks and tires I'm over 3 inches taller to the bottom of the bumper in Aero. Hopefully this keeps me from smashing it as much. The license plate is hiding a pretty good dent ;-) IMG-8137.jpg

Dmireles426

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited EcoDiesel with air ride suspension. Just received the daystar spacer and revel links. Was reading threads to adjust front links to 60mm but not sure I read anything on rear links. Any help is greatly appreciated.

zajaco

Reaction score
I have a 2020 limited EcoDiesel with air ride suspension. Just received the daystar spacer and revel links. Was reading threads to adjust front links to 60mm but not sure I read anything on rear links. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I left the rear links alone.

plimmy

Reaction score
Anyone getting the check air suspension error? I keep getting them now after a year later with no issues

plimmy

Reaction score
i get it about 1 time every 4 months next time i start the truck it goes away.
Interesting… I get it every day multiple times. So annoying. Anyone know if I can reprogram using an OBII program or something?
I’m assuming the ram tech maybe reprogrammed my air suspension with my spacers thinking it was stock?

Mcarpenter

Reaction score
Just got mine all set up today. 2019 rebel with the Daystar spacer, revel links and 35x12.50s on black rhino arsenal 18x9.5. So far so good and kept the stock ride. I did have to add spacers to clear part of the brake caliper. I appreciate the info in here that helped me figure how what to do. You guys rock

Attachments

• A5011C51-7069-4A16-A189-8F3D7F4E1F66.jpeg
    A5011C51-7069-4A16-A189-8F3D7F4E1F66.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 141
  • B95613FF-38C3-4302-8E3D-D864ED66A619.jpeg
    B95613FF-38C3-4302-8E3D-D864ED66A619.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 138
  • E816F711-ECE4-4C2A-A3AD-B727972DE0E0.jpeg
    E816F711-ECE4-4C2A-A3AD-B727972DE0E0.jpeg
    141.4 KB · Views: 138

dailyherold

Reaction score
Looks fantastic! For my own understanding, you got this 2" leveling kit (minus the links which you made), and these UCAs? Any other parts?
Added the daystar level this weekend. I went with homemade links and the ReadyLift upper control arms. I got a deal on set of TRX tires and wheels. I did have to run a small wheel spacer to keep the tires off the UCA at full droop. All in all, I couldn't be happier. I'm almost perfectly level front to back and with the daystar pucks and tires I'm over 3 inches taller to the bottom of the bumper in Aero. Hopefully this keeps me from smashing it as much. The license plate is hiding a pretty good dent ;-) View attachment 106606

DentalDart

Reaction score
Added the daystar level this weekend. I went with homemade links and the ReadyLift upper control arms. I got a deal on set of TRX tires and wheels. I did have to run a small wheel spacer to keep the tires off the UCA at full droop. All in all, I couldn't be happier. I'm almost perfectly level front to back and with the daystar pucks and tires I'm over 3 inches taller to the bottom of the bumper in Aero. Hopefully this keeps me from smashing it as much. The license plate is hiding a pretty good dent ;-) View attachment 106606
Can you give some info on home made links?

Also what wheel spacers are you running? I'm getting trx wheels for my truck on the 10th?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

brandocommando

Reaction score
Just got mine all set up today. 2019 rebel with the Daystar spacer, revel links and 35x12.50s on black rhino arsenal 18x9.5. So far so good and kept the stock ride. I did have to add spacers to clear part of the brake caliper. I appreciate the info in here that helped me figure how what to do. You guys rock
Looks great man, I have the revel links and daystar spacer ready to be installed. I ordered toyo mt’s 35x12r17 with method 305’s 17x8.5 i’m nervous if this will work without any issue. considering cancelling the tires, but your truck is giving me some hope

Users who are viewing this thread