5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket manifold??

RedRaider91

Reaction score
I need the passenger side haha. Unfortunately I can’t find them anywhere. I guess I can order and just wait but with the strikes going on I’m sure no one is makin any

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I purchased the latest OEM manifolds and found a few design differences from the ones that came on my 2019.
Time will tell if the changes will improve longevity but I felt that $67 and a couple hours of my time was better than spending $800-$1200.

I ordered from here and got them in less than a month. They are not currently showing as backordered so you may get them sooner.

Here's the changes made to the casting in the areas that typically crack.
View attachment 168739 View attachment 168741
The pics you posted have a different part number than the links provided. Can you clarify?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was eyeballing the BBK Headers as well. Even new, they aren’t that expensive. There are mixed reviews on how well they stay sealed but using specific gaskets seemed to be a very common theme to good results with any header installation. Remflex I believe is the name of the gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I see the same thing. I had my eye on AFE, but many users have reported broken welds after some time using these.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Quick question for everyone, how dangerous/risky is it to continue driving with a cracked manifold? I don’t think the crack is bad and definitely not a hole yet, but it’s definitely got a crack somewhere. How bad is it to keep driving it while I wait on a part?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It can cause exhaust gas to enter the cabin of the leak is bad enough. Also, a prolonged leaks can wear into the cylinder head over time (if the leak is near the head) If this happens, the new manifold maybe still leak.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anyone know what the actual issue is? Engine is the same, right? Does it hit body or frame somewhere? Something a big friendly hammer would fix? Sawzall?

Most likely has to do with the way the exhaust manifolds exit relative to the difference in the frame rails on the DS vs the DT since they don't share the same frame

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We just had 8 rh and 6 lh manifolds come in today. There are many dealers with stock if they will sell them. Unfortunately the ones we had come in are for customers

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased the latest OEM manifolds and found a few design differences from the ones that came on my 2019.
Time will tell if the changes will improve longevity but I felt that $67 and a couple hours of my time was better than spending $800-$1200.

I ordered from here and got them in less than a month. They are not currently showing as backordered so you may get them sooner.

Here's the changes made to the casting in the areas that typically crack.
View attachment 168739 View attachment 168741
Do you know when the new AB part is being added to new built trucks? More specifically is it on the 2024's?

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Do you know when the new AB part is being added to new built trucks? More specifically is it on the 2024's?
I would imagine, as soon as there is a new design, they run them on the line. But that only makes sense, so no guarantee. Engines aren't built very long before they are used. Only way to tell, is look at them when the truck comes in.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well just my luck, once you add them to your cart they’re on back order.
I ordered the AB kit from All Mopar parts on the 8th (two days ago) it arrived today. New manifold 1920.jpg
$65.67 plus shipping.

My manifold seems fine, has at least two broken bolts tho.
manifold 1920.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread