5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket manifold??

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Well 53k in and I have a cracked manifold. I can’t find any broken bolts or anything and I’ve heard the 5th gens it tends to be the actual manifold that cracks now.

There’s a nationwide backorder on the manifolds, and I really don’t wanna put the same crappy part back on to break again.

My question is are there even aftermarket manifolds out there? I can’t seem to find any that fit with a 19+ DT body style. BD makes some but only for the DS body style.

Any body know of any available manifolds for the new DT trucks?

Thanks
Ethan

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Well 53k in and I have a cracked manifold. I can’t find any broken bolts or anything and I’ve heard the 5th gens it tends to be the actual manifold that cracks now.

There’s a nationwide backorder on the manifolds, and I really don’t wanna put the same crappy part back on to break again.

My question is are there even aftermarket manifolds out there? I can’t seem to find any that fit with a 19+ DT body style. BD makes some but only for the DS body style.

Any body know of any available manifolds for the new DT trucks?

Thanks
Ethan
id say at that point brother just get some shorty headers with stainless bolts. Thats what im going to do the moment my PT warranty expires and mine cracks.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
id say at that point brother just get some shorty headers with stainless bolts. Thats what im going to do the moment my PT warranty expires and mine cracks.
I’m considering it but damn most of the shorty headers are like $800 and up. I don’t really need all that comes with the shorties

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
I’m considering it but damn most of the shorty headers are like $800 and up. I don’t really need all that comes with the shorties
oh i completely understand. i got my truck 5 or 6 weeks ago so im 7 years away from shorty headers and already not looking forward to it lol
i can not answer about after market manifolds as i do not know nor have i heard/read anyone doing so. i just feel if im gona replace them its ether going to be OEM manifold under warranty from the dealer or im slapping headers on and forgetting about about that issuse so i dont have to worry again.

RedRaider91

Reaction score
Yea there’s definitely a benefit of going with true headers, just not in my case. Don’t need to e performance and sound boost, and I go through trucks pretty quickly so spending that kinda money (while worth it) doesn’t make sense for me in the short run. I’d go back with oem but the damn back order is ridiculous

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
Yea there’s definitely a benefit of going with true headers, just not in my case. Don’t need to e performance and sound boost, and I go through trucks pretty quickly so spending that kinda money (while worth it) doesn’t make sense for me in the short run. I’d go back with oem but the damn back order is ridiculous
sounds like you got some thinking to do my man. good luck!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
You can get some BBK shorties for less than that

blind prophet

Reaction score

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I purchased the latest OEM manifolds and found a few design differences from the ones that came on my 2019.
Time will tell if the changes will improve longevity but I felt that $67 and a couple hours of my time was better than spending $800-$1200.

I ordered from here and got them in less than a month. They are not currently showing as backordered so you may get them sooner.

Here's the changes made to the casting in the areas that typically crack.
IMG_2977.JPG IMG_2974.JPG

Last edited:

RedRaider91

Reaction score
You guys are awesome. Thanks for helping me! I’ll be looking into these today to see what I can get. I guess car-part is reliable? Wasn’t sure if they were trustworthy or sketchy like most eBay sellers 😂

RedRaider91

Reaction score
I purchased the latest OEM manifolds and found a few design differences from the ones that came on my 2019.
Time will tell if the changes will improve longevity but I felt that $67 and a couple hours of my time was better than spending $800-$1200.

I ordered from here and got them in less than a month. They are not currently showing as backordered so you may get them sooner.

Here's the changes made to the casting in the areas that typically crack.
View attachment 168739 View attachment 168741
I just looked at your links really quick and it’s $75 for all of that?! Manifold, gaskets, hardware….that can’t be right. That’s way too cheap right?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
The passenger side is even cheaper and I can confirm, you get everything for that price.
For me it was a no-brainer. Even more so now that I see that it's an updated casting that hopefully won't crack as easy.

I've run stainless headers before and had them crack too so what would you rather do, spend $185 for a complete set of OEM manifolds that may or may not need further attention, or spend $1200 for a set of shorty headers that may or may not need further attention.

IMG_2931.JPG

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The passenger side is even cheaper and I can confirm, you get everything for that price.
For me it was a no-brainer. Even more so now that I see that it's an updated casting that hopefully won't crack as easy.

I've run stainless headers before and had them crack too so what would you rather do, spend $185 for a complete set of OEM manifolds that may or may not need further attention, or spend $1200 for a set of shorty headers that may or may not need further attention.
I've got my eye on a set of used BBK shorties for sale locally. They haven't sold yet. Just under how much different the 4h gen ones are from the 5th gen, as they came off a 4th gen

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

BD Diesel 1041463 Exhaust Manifold Note:​

• Does Not fit 2019+ DT body style

Anyone know what the actual issue is? Engine is the same, right? Does it hit body or frame somewhere? Something a big friendly hammer would fix? Sawzall?

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I was eyeballing the BBK Headers as well. Even new, they aren’t that expensive. There are mixed reviews on how well they stay sealed but using specific gaskets seemed to be a very common theme to good results with any header installation. Remflex I believe is the name of the gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was eyeballing the BBK Headers as well. Even new, they aren’t that expensive. There are mixed reviews on how well they stay sealed but using specific gaskets seemed to be a very common theme to good results with any header installation. Remflex I believe is the name of the gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Remflex is some of the best header gaskets available.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread