5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 13.6" Display Radio

Ryno

Reaction score
Manually add Verizon APN.
How do you get to that? I've tried and I can't find the option for manuay adding.

I think it might be because the SIM is actually an Xfinity Mobile on the Verizon network.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I've been using this for a few days now and I really like it. If you have a SIM card, this allows you to run Android Auto locally. There are a few quirks. I seem to have better luck when I launch Waze and my music app before launching this.

HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto

I would recommend going to the link below to download it instead of through Google. You will get access to the betas easier.

timbo1083

Reaction score
As I understand it, such things as being able to set up the Heads Up aren't addressed, SiriusXM has to be downloaded as an app, I think that he also said being able to access the trailer cameras isn't possible because there are only so many video inputs they could structure into it.

It is a very minimal investment but not having the complete usability as I've got now with the 12" 4C was a deal breaker, so I've decided to go the far more expensive route by changing up to the UConnect 5.

I will be interested to see what other members have to say once they have the Phoenix system installed and running.
I upgraded to the UC5 in my 2020, but my 360 camera views show no video. You have that issue?

MLB12

Reaction score
I upgraded to the UC5 in my 2020, but my 360 camera views show no video. You have that issue?

I get the 360 views but I still can't get the cameras calibrated so that I've got the overhead view or the guide lines and centre line when backing up.

The other issue I have is in order to make a phone call I have to use the VR button, the Green telephone button just brings up the keyboard it doesn't switch to phone mode, but stays on radio mode. Interestingly though, for an incoming call I use the Green telephone button to answer the call.The Red telephone button works as it is supposed to for hanging up.

I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue, how about yu?

timbo1083

Reaction score
I get the 360 views but I still can't get the cameras calibrated so that I've got the overhead view or the guide lines and centre line when backing up.

The other issue I have is in order to make a phone call I have to use the VR button, the Green telephone button just brings up the keyboard it doesn't switch to phone mode, but stays on radio mode. Interestingly though, for an incoming call I use the Green telephone button to answer the call.The Red telephone button works as it is supposed to for hanging up.

I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue, how about yu?
I was so disappointed in the cameras look so weird and so small I took it back out. I need to calibrate my cameras for the new UC5 system now. Not sure if I'll go back to the android radio. I have the parts for UC4, UC5, and phoenix lol

scooch

Reaction score
I don't know if am late for this but the Android Auto is in Full-screen now.

I am not using the Carlink for almost 2 months due to it will only display a center half screen.

Could be this happened after the Phoenix System Update or the result of Android Auto Update.

View attachment 158016 View attachment 158017 View attachment 158046

UPDATE:
To those who cannot make the Android Auto Full-screen, try enable the phone Android Auto Developers Mode. View attachment 158067 View attachment 158068

Super happy to see this for Android auto, but not seeing it on my end yet. I know they are doing some android auto updates in waves, perhaps it'll flow through. I've got dev mode on for AA on my phone, no luck there.

But could you let me know what versions you have on your radio - settings - about page? Because not sure what you mean by Phoenix System Update. I tried updating the phoenix unit apps in play store, just the AA and other random stuff there but no systems updates or carlink over Google obviously. But damn if this full screen AA comes around it'd be huuuge.

Last edited:

Alakdan

Reaction score
Super happy to see this for Android auto, but not seeing it on my end yet. I know they are doing some android auto updates in waves, perhaps it'll flow through. I've got dev mode on for AA on my phone, no luck there.

But could you let me know what versions you have on your radio - settings - about page? Because not sure what you mean by Phoenix System Update. I tried updating the phoenix unit apps in play store, just the AA and other random stuff there but no systems updates or carlink over Google obviously. But damn if this full screen AA comes around it'd be huuuge.
Posted here the firmware update. Note that it will set all settings to default. Take a picture of all the settings include eq, car settings, settings, etc.

Alakdan

Reaction score
For additional brightness settings, open the Settings Tools tab(pw: 3368) then Backlight Current Adjustment(pw: 5768)
20230517_081104.jpg

Last edited:

Gcas21Ram1500

Reaction score
Getting one! Thanks for the link! I have been looking for something to replace my useless factory 12 inch display. This one says supports all trim levels and OEM sizes, all the other ones I have found did not support factory 12 inch display. Also supports the OEM 360 camera and looks great! I love android head units, I hope this one works out!

It says "OEM SXM radio and SiriusXM Guardian not retained" along with Uconnect, which I don't mind since I don't use either, but keep in mind :)

Used code "SU2022" and got 80$ off :)
Did you ever replace your 12' factory, with the Phoenix? And if so - what did you end up doing with your factory 12'?

Gcas21Ram1500

Reaction score
Unit came in early! Here's some pictures out of the box. It looks beautiful, I'll see if I can power it up and play with the OS a bit before attempting any installation.
You’ll really have to keep us updated. Trying to decide between this and updating to the stock 12”. May even buy yours if you decide to part with it.
Did you ever replace your 12' factory, with the Phoenix? And if so - what did you end up doing with your factory 12'?

Gcas21Ram1500

Reaction score
Did anyone who got the Phoenix, that had the factory 12', want to possibly sell it to me? I have tried the Linkswell and the Phoenix and did not like either one of them. For whatever reason, I like to stick with OEM stereo. Let me know. Thanks!

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I feel like this is the crowbar story all over again.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Did anyone who got the Phoenix, that had the factory 12', want to possibly sell it to me? I have tried the Linkswell and the Phoenix and did not like either one of them. For whatever reason, I like to stick with OEM stereo. Let me know. Thanks!
I have my 12" UC4 and was getting ready to list it on here. Drop me a PM.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Those of you who haven't, try the simplecan update file from Phoenix. My backup camera is better now; still not as clear as the factory was though, but I can see at night.
Would you be able to upload somewhere so we can get it? waiting for phoenix to get back takes forever.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Posted here the firmware update. Note that it will set all settings to default. Take a picture of all the settings include eq, car settings, settings, etc.

Updated and I got the full screen Android auto, I could swear I also have better quality audio now, but it's probably just placebo.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I have no idea and I can't remember if my previous 8.4 U4 has this cluster theme.

On this page I can't select any cluster theme.. the "steering directed headlights" button keeps flashing on and off constantly and none of the settings on this page are changeable.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I just received the latest s simple can update.
simplecanupdate(3).bin

Instructions
I received the same file from them today, some things got fixed, and others broke.. the "vehicle settings" screen doesn't update anymore when I change any of the settings on the car, like safety settings etc.. hopefully it gets fixed later on...

Update: did a reset of the unit and everything seems to be working now, I can change the cluster theme and change the camera views on the 360 package (which never worked before)!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread