5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 13.6" Display Radio

Zipper100

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the camera plugs in directly. There is an adapter for the radio. And another for the GPS. I bought another one for the LTE. They do provide their own antennas for GPS and LTE, but I didn't use those. I used the factory ones.
I appreciate you help. I was finally able to get this installed, correctly, last night!

Thanks again!

Alakdan

Reaction score
How to put this one back to the one with front and rear sensor image?

Attachments

• 20230217_145152.jpg
    20230217_145152.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 76

scooch

Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on using it with Android auto mode vs tethered 'tablet' mode (w a dif launcher)?

A bit disappointed that Android Auto is stuck in half screen mode. It works great and so smooth, exactly what I wanted but underestimated how weird the big old empty black bars look when in Android Auto mode.

I like how it 'just works' though w wireless Android Auto... So a little hesitant to try and do a auto-tethering solution with something like Car Launcher Pro. How's the navigation and Spotify when using a custom launcher? I'd like some split screen goodness home screen that doesn't look tacky or give clunky tablet feels.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Anybody have thoughts on using it with Android auto mode vs tethered 'tablet' mode (w a dif launcher)?

A bit disappointed that Android Auto is stuck in half screen mode. It works great and so smooth, exactly what I wanted but underestimated how weird the big old empty black bars look when in Android Auto mode.

I like how it 'just works' though w wireless Android Auto... So a little hesitant to try and do a auto-tethering solution with something like Car Launcher Pro. How's the navigation and Spotify when using a custom launcher? I'd like some split screen goodness home screen that doesn't look tacky or give clunky tablet feels.
The half screen Android auto is actually a limitation of Android auto itself. Google hasn't ever updated it to make it larger. I'm using car Launcher Pro as my launcher. But I see no reason to have to use Android auto at all when it has all the Google Android stuff in it. You can run any app you want. And you could use your phone as a hotspot or actually get a SIM card and make it work without your phone ever.

Alakdan

Reaction score
I got it work after antenna connection correction.
I am using internet through ATT.

Pros(Highlighted):
1.)FM is better than my 8.4 uConnect. I can continuously listen to my favorite talkshow in a location that dead spot before.
2.)Sounds is getting better, thanks to 16ch EQ+Bass Enhancement/Filter.

Cons:
I will be 100% satisfied if this 4 issues are fixed.
1.) Random flickering of Backup Camera.
2.) Homepage Speedometer is not working.
3.) Graphics image of small car/sedan for radar sensor and door indicator.
4.) The Front/Rear Fader is not working at all.

I'm waiting for 2nd firmware fixes.

To add,
Android Auto is half screen only, actually look like 1/3. I don't know if Google or Phoenix fault.
On other launcher, I used to have a Car Launcher Pro in my 2012 RAM. Installed in new HU but I am not using it for the reason it will be no use if I open 2 apps, the Waze or Google map + Spotify or Yahoo Music or Radio at the same time on split window. This will save some memory and run faster. Hoping Sergey Kozlov will create a FW for SC7862. At least I can only choice which theme I am going to use without sacrificing some memory..

20230220_123333.jpg 20230218_141207.jpg 20230222_083949.jpg 20230222_084937.jpg 20230222_085001.jpg 20230222_085009.jpg 20230222_085025.jpg 20230222_085141.jpg

Last edited:

Alakdan

Reaction score
How did you change the background picture on the home page?
Make a 1080x1920 image then copy to USB. Open the File Manager>USB, open the image then tap the leftmost icon near below the screen for background wallpaper.

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Make a 1080x1920 image then copy to USB. Open the File Manager>USB, open the image then tap the leftmost icon near below the screen for background wallpaper.
Can you replace the speedometer/tachometer widget with something else? Sorry I’m trying to talk myself into this but am concerned about it lasting…

vincentw56

Reaction score
Can you replace the speedometer/tachometer widget with something else? Sorry I’m trying to talk myself into this but am concerned about it lasting…
No, not with their launcher. But you can use any Android launcher you want. There are a couple car ones and one that I use is Car Launcher Pro. It is highly customizable. I am not too concerned with it because Waze is mostly always on full screen.

Ryno

Reaction score
I just installed the infotainment auto hvac kit, but I can’t seem to figure out the right settings in alfaobd to work with this. Should I leave the ICS enabled or disable it and enable the DCDS? Use only the Dual ATC setting and not the single ATC setting?

Ryno

Reaction score
I just installed the infotainment auto hvac kit, but I can’t seem to figure out the right settings in alfaobd to work with this. Should I leave the ICS enabled or disable it and enable the DCDS? Use only the Dual ATC setting and not the single ATC setting?
Figured out the problem. The C1 connector into the HVAC module wasn’t connected all the way.

Alakdan

Reaction score
Anyone tried to press the TCS/ECS switch?
It will trigger the Max AC and turn off the AC instead the correct function.
The LED indicator sync with the OEM switch.
What protocol did you guys used?

Attachments

• 20230306_151156.jpg
    20230306_151156.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 59

vincentw56

Reaction score
Anyone tried to press the TCS/ECS switch?
It will trigger the Max AC and turn off the AC instead the correct function.
The LED indicator sync with the OEM switch.
What protocol did you guys used?
Mine is programmed to semi auto park.

Alakdan

Reaction score
Easiest way to operate the radio at the back. And also it looks easy for me if I have a ball mouse . 😁

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
Does anyone know if voice commands work with the 13.6" screen?
Yes. I can push the button the steering wheel and Google Assistant comes on. I can even use the "OK Google" voice prompt.

Alakdan

Reaction score
The Phoenix replaced the 1st unit that I had due to random flickering of backing camera and some small issue that I can live with it.

So I just installed the replacement but too bad the unit will not boot up unless I reinsert the huge plug at the back. It will not turn on again after the ignition cycle. And one thing the "Service Shifter" is showing up also in the cluster.

Reinstalled back again the 1st unit which is actually already grows on me. 😁

Last edited:

mikespot

Reaction score
Has anyone with the oem a heads up display used the phoenix. Are you still able to retain it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/