5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 13.6" Display Radio

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
I received the same file from them today, some things got fixed, and others broke.. the "vehicle settings" screen doesn't update anymore when I change any of the settings on the car, like safety settings etc.. hopefully it gets fixed later on...

Update: did a reset of the unit and everything seems to be working now, I can change the cluster theme and change the camera views on the 360 package (which never worked before)!

Everything seemed to work, but I tried to go into the vehicle settings app, then safety and driving assistance, and enable rear radar parking assist, and it doesn't do anything. The front works, just seems to be the rear that doesn't work. Who knows what else is broken, I think the automatic parking brake toggle is broken too.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Everything seemed to work, but I tried to go into the vehicle settings app, then safety and driving assistance, and enable rear radar parking assist, and it doesn't do anything. The front works, just seems to be the rear that doesn't work. Who knows what else is broken, I think the automatic parking brake toggle is broken too.
I'll look when I got to lunch.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Mine works. I can check it on or off. But I'd never use it because I have physical buttons.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Mine works. I can check it on or off. But I'd never use it because I have physical buttons.

Well the physical buttons (at least on my limited) completely disable the front or rear parking assist (both braking and proximity beeping). I want the proximity sensors to still beep, but only disable the braking, which is what the checkbox is supposed to do.

The good thing is that it actually did work. I just wasn't seeing a message on the cluster so I assumed it wasn't.. but sure enough when I went go park today the sensors went off (I parked near some shrubs) and followed by abrupt braking.. I went into the settings, turned the checkbox off and tried parking again and it worked.. sensors beep, but no braking.

Thanks for checking though!

vincentw56

Reaction score
Well the physical buttons (at least on my limited) completely disable the front or rear parking assist (both braking and proximity beeping). I want the proximity sensors to still beep, but only disable the braking, which is what the checkbox is supposed to do.

The good thing is that it actually did work. I just wasn't seeing a message on the cluster so I assumed it wasn't.. but sure enough when I went go park today the sensors went off (I parked near some shrubs) and followed by abrupt braking.. I went into the settings, turned the checkbox off and tried parking again and it worked.. sensors beep, but no braking.

Thanks for checking though!
What you want is "rear ParkSense Braking Assist".

Ryno

Reaction score
I received the same file from them today, some things got fixed, and others broke.. the "vehicle settings" screen doesn't update anymore when I change any of the settings on the car, like safety settings etc.. hopefully it gets fixed later on...

Update: did a reset of the unit and everything seems to be working now, I can change the cluster theme and change the camera views on the 360 package (which never worked before
Could be the known issue of ANC. I bypass it and the static noise is gone.
Nevermind, I was thinking about something else.

Last edited:

Ryno

Reaction score

Update: did a reset of the unit and everything seems to be working now, I can change the cluster theme and change the camera views on the 360 package (which never worked before)!
Unfortunately, nothing fixed on mine, but it's been a back burner issue. The speedometer won't read over 7, and the back up camera only works 90% of the time. They sent me a new board and it was even worse, and I've been stuck in a back and forth ever since. I'm supposed to schedule a tech call with them, I'll get to it eventually.

Wolffie

Reaction score
I’m curious I’m looking at that after market 13.6 inch as well but has anyone bit the bullet and went the Infotainment route I know it’s expensive but I would like to here if anyone because I do like to keep the factory stuff in the vehicle

vincentw56

Reaction score
I’m curious I’m looking at that after market 13.6 inch as well but has anyone bit the bullet and went the Infotainment route I know it’s expensive but I would like to here if anyone because I do like to keep the factory stuff in the vehicle
A lot of people have installed the factory 12-in in their vehicle. There are tons of post on here about it. There's even several write-ups on how to do it. You can even upgrade to Uconnect 5. Just do a search and you'll find it.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Does someone know how to change the time of day at which the screen switches from day brightness to night brightness?

Code2medic

Reaction score
Definitely an interesting thread. Looks pretty cool but history is always the same with android buggy buggy buggy, to many do this do that to get it to work….. for once I’ll say I like Apple the stuf just works without need for work arounds and they fix it fast

vincentw56

Reaction score
Definitely an interesting thread. Looks pretty cool but history is always the same with android buggy buggy buggy, to many do this do that to get it to work….. for once I’ll say I like Apple the stuf just works without need for work arounds and they fix it fast
Lol, whatever. Android is very stable. My phone is flawless. An this head unit's Android works great too. It's the added stuff to make it work as a head unit that is the issue. It would be the same if it ran IOS (actually worse because of Apple's lock down of the system).

Code2medic

Reaction score
Lol, whatever. Android is very stable. My phone is flawless. A this head unit's Android works great too. It's the added stuff to make it work as a head unit that is the issue. It would be the same if it ran IOS (actually worse because of Apple's lock down of the system).
To each is their own…. Don’t misconstrued one’s knowledge because they prefer Apple in certain cases…. i Guess my daily use with android devices and how frigging buggy they are all day while using it for work.

Apple lock down it’s there so it works/gets fixed and isn’t a security risk Aka having a standard isn’t a bad thing.

End of the day neither is flawless or perfect well at least to those living in reality

my apologies for hitting your android nerve for having my opinion from experience with it

vincentw56

Reaction score
To each is their own…. Don’t misconstrued one’s knowledge because they prefer Apple in certain cases…. i Guess my daily use with android devices and how frigging buggy they are all day while using it for work.

Apple lock down it’s there so it works/gets fixed and isn’t a security risk Aka having a standard isn’t a bad thing.

End of the day neither is flawless or perfect well at least to those living in reality

my apologies for hitting your android nerve for having my opinion from experience with it
You didn't hit a nerve. I was just correcting your misinformation. And to each his own is true I use Android all day long without issues. But you had no real reason to comment on this thread except to put the Android system down so you could good praise your Apple products. Anyway it doesn't matter at the end of the day. You'll still praise Apple and I'll still praise the Android. Good luck to you.

Code2medic

Reaction score
You didn't hit a nerve. I was just correcting your misinformation. And to each his own is true I use Android all day long without issues. But you had no real reason to comment on this thread except to put the Android system down so you could good praise your Apple products. Anyway it doesn't matter at the end of the day. You'll still praise Apple and I'll still praise the Android. Good luck to you.
actually I gave the Thread credit and read thru every page to factor in choices, it was clear on just about every page there are bugs present and still existing from the start those are facts.. an opinion based on my experience and clearly from it in writing too. I don’t praise nor choose one or the other side more then the other as stated they have their pros and cons. Pick either is like picking political side.
have a open mind your android arrogance is clearly hurt as clear by your assumption I support one over the other, or the fact you disregard my experience all day every day at work as no creditable.

save your retort I won’t see it…

vincentw56

Reaction score
actually I gave the Thread credit and read thru every page to factor in choices, it was clear on just about every page there are bugs present and still existing from the start those are facts.. an opinion based on my experience and clearly from it in writing too. I don’t praise nor choose one or the other side more then the other as stated they have their pros and cons. Pick either is like picking political side.
have a open mind your android arrogance is clearly hurt as clear by your assumption I support one over the other, or the fact you disregard my experience all day every day at work as no creditable.

save your retort I won’t see it…
30 years as a software and hardware engineer have taught me how these things work. Show me on this thread where it says Android is the cause of any issues experienced. Since there are none, then we can put this to rest. I'm not saying there isn't issues with this head unit, hell even UC4 that isn't built on Android has issues. But the issues aren't because of Android and that was what you are saying, even going as far as saying if it was Apple, it wouldn't have issues. I'm not closed minded, I just have enough intelligence to know the difference.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Does someone know how to change the time of day at which the screen switches from day brightness to night brightness?
I think it has to do with the headlights. That's the only time I know when it switches. I installed an app to help with it as it is still too bright at night.

Cyclesteves

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, looking at doing this upgrade from 8.4. what add ons did you add with your order? I use a Iphone.
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread