5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 13.6" Display Radio

TRam1500

Reaction score
It seems hard to find real world use of this unit. Like a video of startup, boot up screen, starting music ect. Anyone have that???

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
Depends what you value most in it.. I switched back to stock and while I love the bigger, clearer camera view, I love even more the full screen waze navigation, the YouTube music videos when I'm parked, and just like having the music interferface directly on screen.. the Amazon AHD adapter made a significant enough difference for me to be happy with it.

I don't use Sirius XM, so I don't miss that, and I can compromise on the smaller view camera.. keep in mind that at least in my truck, I did lose the ability to switch between the different camera modes (rear only, rear wide, front only etc) it is stuck in the last mode I had it with the OEM radio, which for me is ok, it's the surround view on left and front/rear on the right.
I’m sorry, so you did end up keeping this over the OEM 12”?

terrywarfield

Reaction score
Looking for some more opinions (long term hopefully) on this radio. Considering upgrading to this from the stock non-nav 8.4

Tbon3

Reaction score
Has anyone jumped from the 5" to this 13" screen? Or does anyone have a 8.4 with single zone climate they would like to sell?

terrywarfield

Reaction score
need more input! lol. I want to buy this thing but for some reason im super hesitant

TRam1500

Reaction score
How was the Install? Any issues? And remember there are two screen protectors on there
Install was incredibly easy. I was surprised. Ia leaving the 2nd screen protector on for a but, but I will also take it off.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Can anyone who has used the AHD converter post a link to the one you are using? I have this on order and want to get that before it comes in.

hemi lover

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if this retains the parking brake service feature? This is built into the stock menu settings and it pulls the parking brake in while you service the rear brakes. Thanks guys awesome posts. Anyone show me a picture in the aftermarket one showing parking brake service feature?

Attachments

• PXL_20221229_200530307.jpg
    PXL_20221229_200530307.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me if this retains the parking brake service feature? This is built into the stock menu settings and it pulls the parking brake in while you service the rear brakes. Thanks guys awesome posts. Anyone show me a picture in the aftermarket one showing parking brake service feature?
It does.

terrywarfield

Reaction score
A fellow member on Facebook said this doesn't work and you have to do a radio swap to get this to work. I'm guessing although it shows in the radio, it doesn't actually work? I'm curious also. Mine gets delivered on 1/4

Users who are viewing this thread