5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aftermarket 13.6" Display Radio

Alakdan

Reaction score
Yes, I am. Works okay, but where I live it isn't very great. When I'm out of my area, it works better. I wish it was 5G, but it is a tablet so, LTE 4G.
I tried to add a line to my existing ATT, it say that IMEI is not compatible.

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
It seems to work well using my phone as a hotspot. But then it defeats my goal of not having to use my phone at all. I have looked into a 5G hotspot device. I could use that with it and my comma. So, that's a good option.
On my Android phone I use "macrodroid" to automatically turn the hotspot on when connected to the 13" screen Bluetooth. It's basically hands off and automatic, and my comma also connects to it.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On my Android phone I use "macrodroid" to automatically turn the hotspot on when connected to the 13" screen Bluetooth. It's basically hands off and automatic, and my comma also connects to it.
I'll check it out.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Anything like this for iPhone?

Carlos.33193

Reaction score
Anything like this for iPhone?
You could probably use the "shortcuts" on iphone to create something very similar. I forget what it's called, but it's very similar to macrodroid where you say if this (connect to Bluetooth 13") do this (turn on mobile hotspot).

Alakdan

Reaction score
Heads up guys. I found a bug on mine. The camera page stucked/hanged If I open the video/camera using the button. Turning the shifter won't do anything. Only solution is reset the HU or restart the truck.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Heads up guys. I found a bug on mine. The camera page stucked/hanged If I open the video/camera using the button. Turning the shifter won't do anything. Only solution is reset the HU or restart the truck.
Weird, I've used the button a lot with no issues.

Alakdan

Reaction score
I'm using a "Hotspot and Tethering Shortcut" app in my Android Phone.
2 screen tap only (tap to open the app and tap to turn to turn on the hotspot).

vincentw56

Reaction score
Can anyone post the GPS signals. Thank you.
Is this what you are looking for? BTW, I am hooked into the factory GPS antenna.

Attachments

• 20230213_174326.jpg
    20230213_174326.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 98

Alakdan

Reaction score
Is this what you are looking for? BTW, I am hooked into the factory GPS antenna.
Thanks.
MyOEM is 8.4 non-Nav. I can't see any antenna cable behind, so I used the GPS antenna that came from Phoenix.
Screenshot_20230214_213931_Gallery.jpg

Alakdan

Reaction score
Even with their cable it worked the same.
I have an Android HU on my 2012 using same GPS antenna that doesn't have any issue.
The Phoenix GPS antenna is on top the dashboard. The plug is tighten...no bent center pin, still no signal. Unless somewhere in settings that need to enable. Phoenix will try to troubleshoot it tomorrow through Google Meet.

Zipper100

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what connections from the 8.4 w/ nav module actually connect to the Phoenix cables?

Or better yet, a diagram of what colors are what on there? I've been Googlin' it, but coming up with nothing (I'm probably searching for the wrong verbiage).

Thanks.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what connections from the 8.4 w/ nav module actually connect to the Phoenix cables?

Or better yet, a diagram of what colors are what on there? I've been Googlin' it, but coming up with nothing (I'm probably searching for the wrong verbiage).

Thanks.
Purple- cell antenna. It's a small wedge antenna mounted above the radio in the dash
White- am/fm radio antenna
Yellow- satellite/gps
Pink- LTE antenna in shark fin on roof
Red- camera
Green- WiFi/BT
White- lvds

Zipper100

Reaction score
Purple- cell antenna. It's a small wedge antenna mounted above the radio in the dash
White- am/fm radio antenna
Yellow- satellite/gps
Pink- LTE antenna in shark fin on roof
Red- camera
Green- WiFi/BT
White- lvds
Thank you.
So, for the Phoenix radio, I'm only using the red/camera and white/antenna then? That's all the cables they give you... or at least gave me?

vincentw56

Reaction score
Thank you.
So, for the Phoenix radio, I'm only using the red/camera and white/antenna then? That's all the cables they give you... or at least gave me?
If I remember correctly, the camera plugs in directly. There is an adapter for the radio. And another for the GPS. I bought another one for the LTE. They do provide their own antennas for GPS and LTE, but I didn't use those. I used the factory ones.

Users who are viewing this thread