5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scjon03

Reaction score
I got mine. And I feel the sluggish feel. The sound can’t really hear it because of my exhaust. I may go back to stock. I have a drop in K&N filter with the stock box and probably go back to it. Hopefully summit racing accepts open box returns.

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I got mine. And I feel the sluggish feel. The sound can’t really hear it because of my exhaust. I may go back to stock. I have a drop in K&N filter with the stock box and probably go back to it. Hopefully summit racing accepts open box returns.
How many miles have you gone with it so far?

Scjon03

Reaction score
Around 150 miles or so.

I just reinstalled the stock box w/the K&N drop in filter and yeah the sluggish feel felt like it was gone. I did the same drive route with the AFE and without and between 20-35 mph with the AFE felt like a slight hesitation. Not don’t hate on me but the hesitation with the stock box felt lesser. I don’t know. But even with the AFE I didn’t “feel” any gains. Felt like stock other than the sluggish feel on acceleration.

I also have the E-torque motor but I doubt that has to do anything.

TurdFerguson

Reaction score

Same boat. I could hear the difference on stock exhaust. But I always felt like I was in a soggy spot between gears. I think the noise is just turbulence with the extra air not being able to be ingested by the engine. I bought mine directly from AFE and they were great with the OB return. Hope you are as fortunate.

Scjon03

Reaction score
Same boat. I could hear the difference on stock exhaust. But I always felt like I was in a soggy spot between gears. I think the noise is just turbulence with the extra air not being able to be ingested by the engine. I bought mine directly from AFE and they were great with the OB return. Hope you are as fortunate.

Yeah exactly, the sluggish feel between I think gear 3 or 4 is "gone" with the stock box. I just sent the CAI back to Summit Racing. Hope they just refund it. They refunded my throttle Body from my Jeep SRT when I returned it.

Evoking1230

Reaction score
Interested if anyone still feels the hesitation with a pedal commander as well in sport mode?

I hate electronic throttle. Definitely trying to convince the wife on this

Last edited:

SColang22

Reaction score
Interested if anyone still feels the hesitation with a pedal commander as well in sport mode?

I hate drive by wire. Definitely trying to convince the wife on this
Drive by wire? There hasn’t been a drive by wire car in years

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the pedal commander it fixed the only problem i had with my ram...which was the throttle response. From the start the ram has plenty of power I mean in reality I could always take more but it has plenty of power with that being said the response of the throttle was lacking what it took to put a smile on my face lol.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one of these for sale and based on my dyno run prior to removing I do believe i had an increase in peak HP with this intake installed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online