5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice on BORLA exhuast system s-type

popcenator

Reaction score
I’m feeling that the Borla ProXs muffler would be more to your taste.
Do I get the stock system reinstalled and do the swap/delete or just use the Borla system and swap the muffler to the ProXS? I imagine I want the front resonator reinstalled.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Joshohol

Reaction score
Ugh... I mean you have the quieter system they make. Mines not too crazy and its loud as hell. I did a test to how the sound changed. The k&n intake made the stock exhaust louder so I swapped the airbox back on and my Atak system got louder. Got a k&n panel filter in the box too but I may just put intake back in.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
I have my Vararam Air Grabber installed which definitely made the stock system louder. I also have an AFE dry drop in filter. Maybe I'll put that back on and see if that helps. I don't know. I'm pretty torn.

Joshohol

Reaction score
Yea I dunno things change. I put airbox on to see and then didnt get a chance to start it all day went to leave and it was so extreme popping sound it almost blew me ear out.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

popcenator

Reaction score
This is stupid lol. All I wanted was a deep *** exhaust, nothing too loud. Now I have both a deep *** loud exhaust. I had my 2012 sounding perfect.

popcenator

Reaction score
I'm kinda getting use to this exhaust. I still feel bad starting it in the morning, but sifting into gear quickly drops the RPMs back down. I still think it's a tad on the loud side, and I may install the resonator at some point soon but I'm starting to enjoy it a little more as time goes on.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm kinda getting use to this exhaust. I still feel bad starting it in the morning, but sifting into gear quickly drops the RPMs back down. I still think it's a tad on the loud side, and I may install the resonator at some point soon but I'm starting to enjoy it a little more as time goes on.

Did you get a chance to ask your neighbors if it bothers them or if they can even hear it, maybe worrying for nothing. Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new exhaust.

popcenator

Reaction score
Did you get a chance to ask your neighbors if it bothers them or if they can even hear it, maybe worrying for nothing. Glad to hear you’re enjoying your new exhaust.
I haven't unfortunately, they don't come out too often. My wife is working from home currently and she's above the garage. She claims it's no worse when I drive away than my neighbors old truck. The cold start is a different story. I do want to ask them though.

popcenator

Reaction score
Well at least you are getting to enjoy it. :)
Biggest surprise of my life was her being ok with it lol. I even told the shop that installed it that I'll probably be calling them this week to have the stock one put back on after she hears it.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Lol, did you keep the stock one just in case it did not go your way ?

popcenator

Reaction score
I did. It's currently sitting next to my truck in the garage. I told them to keep as intact as possible.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well if you change your mind it will be an easy sale to sell that Borla.

rsmeanie

Reaction score
I don’t understand some of you guys. I’ve been a Corsa fan for a long time but took a chance on Borla since Corsa didn’t have theirs ready for the Ram yet. I didn’t care for the sound clip of the ATAK for my Limited. It seemed out of place so I went with the S-type. I loved it from the first startup. When I drive down the street, that deep grumble just gets me. When I take the on-ramp, it just sings. At speed, you barely know it’s there. I couldn’t be happier with it.

popcenator

Reaction score
I don’t understand some of you guys. I’ve been a Corsa fan for a long time but took a chance on Borla since Corsa didn’t have theirs ready for the Ram yet. I didn’t care for the sound clip of the ATAK for my Limited. It seemed out of place so I went with the S-type. I loved it from the first startup. When I drive down the street, that deep grumble just gets me. When I take the on-ramp, it just sings. At speed, you barely know it’s there. I couldn’t be happier with it.
I feel the same way for the most part. My neighborhood is pretty quiet, my only reservation about getting the S-Type is there early morning starts. Other than that I completely agree with you.

popcenator

Reaction score
So today I decided to remove my Vararam and reinstall my stock tube with the drop in filter. That seemed to tone things down a little which I was happy about. I also have the resonator on it's way. I think that'll make it just about perfect. I've decided I'm keeping the exhaust for sure. Still love the tone.

mrauenzahn

Reaction score
You have a quality dual setup now, I just bought a nice Borla muffler and had it welded in. $150 total for muffler and install.
Which CORSA muffler did you go with? Drone? Did you eliminate resonator pipe too? Great idea BTW

NTX_Ian

Reaction score
Which CORSA muffler did you go with? Drone? Did you eliminate resonator pipe too? Great idea BTW

Borla not Corsa

#40359 is the one I used. It’s the only direct fit one that doesn’t require u to rework the “Y”. All else was left alone. $150 total installed. Sounds GREAT when u gas it, sounds slightly louder at cruise. U can hear MDS kick in just like stock but zero drone. Very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread