5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

ZaTHRaS

Reaction score
@MayhemMOORE
Door Handle Wiring Parts for 2019+ HD:

Door Connector Terminals: Aptiv 10762775 (for 14C passenger side only)
Door Connector Terminals:TE Connectivity / AMP 1924968-1 ( for 4C passenger/driver & 5D driver side)
Door Handle Connector Shell: Yazaki 7283-6079-30
Door Handle Connector Shell Terminals: Yazaki 7116-4720-02

mmuhi

Reaction score
Hello guys, thanks for the detailed information and all the work you guys put into this.

I've ordered both OEM harnesses, door handles, and caps and everything is installed. I've followed the AlfaOBD instructions and the passive entry option is showing up in uConnect now but the passive entry is still not working. Not sure if I missed something.

Is there a way to troubleshoot the passive entry system on these trucks? I have access to Autel MaxiSys as well if needed.

2019 Ram Bighorn new body style.

Thanks in advance.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello guys, thanks for the detailed information and all the work you guys put into this.

I've ordered both OEM harnesses, door handles, and caps and everything is installed. I've followed the AlfaOBD instructions and the passive entry option is showing up in uConnect now but the passive entry is still not working. Not sure if I missed something.

Is there a way to troubleshoot the passive entry system on these trucks? I have access to Autel MaxiSys as well if needed.

2019 Ram Bighorn new body style.

Thanks in advance.
Did you checked the caps? Make sure they have the little magnet in them, without them the don't work.

Ken2021Etorque

Reaction score
Did you add fifth antenna goes behind rear bumper?

Sent from my SM-F926U using Tapatalk

mmuhi

Reaction score
Did you checked the caps? Make sure they have the little magnet in them, without them the don't work.
I took it to the dealer today and it has a 5th antenna open circuit fault. I did not install the 5th antenna as I thought we don't need it. Do I need to install it? Is there a way around it?

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I took it to the dealer today and it has a 5th antenna open circuit fault. I did not install the 5th antenna as I thought we don't need it. Do I need to install it? Is there a way around it?
The rear antenna behind the license plate is not needed as far as the front passive entry door handles working. There is something else going on.

machini4

Reaction score
Do you happen to know the part number for the male terminal pins used on the rear fascia harness (2021+) as shown above?
Did you ever get an answer for this? I’m looking for the same pins.

mmuhi

Reaction score
Okay so apparently in the body control settings, there is something called AP5 Trunk Unlock which was set to Smart Switch for some reason. I changed it to Not Present and that solved the 5th antenna fault. However, the passive entry still not working for me. When I do a handle verification test in the RFH menu I get an electrical fault msg, is that normal? Anyone can verify that on their truck?

giggler

Reaction score
Do I need to install the antennas in both doors and at the rear? I'm getting ready to order parts and want to insure I get everything. Jimmy07 could I get the cables needed.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do I need to install the antennas in both doors and at the rear? I'm getting ready to order parts and want to insure I get everything. Jimmy07 could I get the cables needed.
Only the rear antenna is needed. The ones in the doors are already installed. I’ll send a PM about the cables.

JMDL

Reaction score
Does anyone know who can does this installation in Houston area please?

Users who are viewing this thread