5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

dvartin

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
I’m also interested. Can you let me know how much for all three?

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Amazing work! Thanks to all of you who helped figure this out, as I'm sure there are tons of us who will be attempting this mod in the near future! Got the parts ordered, only time will tell if I am able to make it work.

Figured I might as well copy over my part list that I ordered for my 2020 Granite Crystal Metallic from the other thread, although can't quite confirm they are all correct since they haven't been delivered yet. Don't blame me if they are wrong!

Part NumberDescriptionQty
52112204AAPassive Entry Antenna1
6CV64LAUADExterior Door Handle, Right (Body Color)2
6CV50LAUACDoor Handle Cap, Left1
6CV52LAUABDoor Handle Cap, Right1
So if I'm getting this correct if I already have passive entry and I want to chrome delete I just order the solid handles and just replace that and that's it?

klemo

Reaction score
Just finished doing this and everything seems to work fine. Got in my truck this morning and had a check engine light. Read the codes using OBD and got these three:

B18CF - door ajar switch error
B180F - door ajar switch error
P0070 - ambient air temperature sensor error

Anyone else experience this? I’m going to clear them tonight and see. They might not come back, but was curious if I messed something up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
Hey guys hope all is well. Did the passive entry upgrade on my 2020 Ram 1500 North Edition (Quad) and ran into a problem. The driver side front works but not the passenger side. Also, I added the rear doors but neither of those work either. I figured If the driver door is working then the driver rear should also work since its just tied into the front but I can be wrong. Anyone out there ran into this problem while complaining this upgrade?

Thanks

Truck$-4life

Reaction score
Hey guys hope all is well. Did the passive entry upgrade on my 2020 Ram 1500 North Edition (Quad) and ran into a problem. The driver side front works but not the passenger side. Also, I added the rear doors but neither of those work either. I figured If the driver door is working then the driver rear should also work since its just tied into the front but I can be wrong. Anyone out there ran into this problem while complaining this upgrade?

Thanks
The driver side and passenger are the only ones that work for mine and it came with it from the factory.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

Thanks
There's definitely a wiring problem. If the drivers work, then it isn't an issue with programming.

Shiloh3245

Reaction score
There's definitely a wiring problem. If the drivers work, then it isn't an issue with programming.
Thank you for your positive input. Everything is us and running.

Thanks to all the folks that put the time in to make this possible. Much appreciated.

tigunin

Reaction score
Hey, everybody. Got a question. 2023 Ram 3500 Crew Cab & Chassis. Installed everything as prescribed, did it already on another one of these same trucks only 2020 and everything works so far without a single problem. Everything is done, I check the handle works, it takes a while, maybe 10-15 minutes and the door handle stops working, I turn on the ignition, go into the machine settings turn off the passive entry, turn off the ignition, turn on again go into the menu and turn on the passive entry and the handle works again then 10-15 minutes and stops. Need to find a solution. Thank you all!

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
If you are going to use the numbers below to order parts, double check them as things can change over time, so it's going to be up to you to verify you're getting the correct part when ordering. If you find a mistake please let me know so I can correct it.

5th Gen 1500 Handle and Cap Part Numbers
These should work on any of the 2019 and newer 5th gen 1500 trucks. Harnesses are going to be more specific based on your options, or you can just add the 2 wires and plugs to your existing stuff and save a good bit of money.

COLORBODY COLOR HANDLE, L & RBODY COLOR/CHROME HANDLE L & RHANDLE CAP, LEFTHANDLE CAP, RIGHT
Bright White6CV64GW7AD6CV361W7AD6CV50GW7AC6CV52GW7AB
Ivory White6CV64KGZAD6CV361WDAD6CV50JWDAC6CV52JWDAB
Diamond Black Crystal6CV64KXJAD6CV361XJAD6CV50KXJAC6CV52KXJAB
Maximum Steel Metallic6CV64KARAD6CV361ARAD6CV50KARAC6CV52KARAB
Granite Crystal Metallic6CV64LAUAD6CV361AUAD6CV50LAUAC6CV52LAUAB
Billet Silver Metallic6CV64JSCAD6CV361SCAD6CV50JSCAC6CV52JSCAB
Patriot Blue Pearl6CV64RPXAD6CV361PXAD6CV50RPXAC6CV52RPXAB
Blue Streak Pearl6CV64KCLAD6CV361CLAD6CV50KCLAC6CV52KCLAB
Flame Red6CV64PR4AD6CV361R4AD6CV50PR4AC6CV52PR4AB
Olive Green6CV64KFPAD6CV361FPAD6CV50KFPAC6CV52KFPAB
So what handles do I order for a Bright White with Night Edition (black handles, badges, rims)? Do I buy the Diamond Black Crystal?
I searched this thread and I got two pages of results of someone with Night Edition in their signature, nothing about what handles to purchase though.

Last edited:

vincentw56

Reaction score
So what handles do I order for a Bright White with Night Edition? Do I buy the Diamond Black Crystal?
I searched this thread and I got two pages of results of someone with Night Edition in their signature, nothing about what handles to purchase though.

What color are your handles? White or black? That will be your choice. Unless you want to change the color. But if they are black, it would the Black Diamond Crystal ones. That's what it used on the night edition.

BrandonSmith

Reaction score
What color are your handles? White or black? That will be your choice. Unless you want to change the color. But if they are black, it would the Black Diamond Crystal ones. That's what it used on the night edition.
Thank you. They are black, just want to make sure the black night edition handles are in fact black diamond crystal and not something off the wall.

vincentw56

Reaction score
Thank you. They are black, just want to make sure the black night edition handles are in fact black diamond crystal and not something off the wall.
Then those will be it. The other black ones are for the BTS editions, but they don't have those for passive entry (I believe).

Reaction score
So what handles do I order for a Bright White with Night Edition (black handles, badges, rims)? Do I buy the Diamond Black Crystal?
i wanted a matte to satin finish on my handles, the black diamond crystal has a glossy finish with a metal flake in it .So I used this on my handles . its sort of a satin Black, Trim Black Ultra | 49143 | SEM Products
I used a wax and grease remover , scuff with a grey scuff pad , degreased again then sprayed Sand Free Adhesion Promoter then spray the paint . they look great

Attachments

• 20230830_161920.jpg
    20230830_161920.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 30

swing4terps

Reaction score
Just a heads up for any Anvil BTS owners. I noticed during research you can get PE and regular handles in Anvil - because it was a color for the TRX.

I know this generally isn't possible for other BTS colors, and there's been some discussion here about possibilities/alternatives.

Last edited:

swing4terps

Reaction score
Before I click buy on a bunch of stuff for this and another mod...

Wanted to hopefully confirm that's it's not possible to get handles, or other parts, unpainted (not textured nor chrome, just primed)? I haven't come across this option during my search. Is this something a dealer could do? You would think this would be possible vs. keeping inventory of the various colors.

If not, the body shop said it would be easiest for them to color match parts close to what I have. And surprisingly (or maybe unsurprisingly) I've found that colors no longer available (like Olive Green, Walnut Brown) are cheaper than ones painted colors that are still offered.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online