5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

CHRISWARR36

Reaction score
I’ve got it all hooked up and I’ve done all the steps to change my settings, i unhooked battery for 30 minutes (twice now) and it still does not work. Does it take time for it to start working or did I screw something up. I believe I hooked everything up correctly and I turned on the settings noted….. any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve got it all hooked up and I’ve done all the steps to change my settings, i unhooked battery for 30 minutes (twice now) and it still does not work. Does it take time for it to start working or did I screw something up. I believe I hooked everything up correctly and I turned on the settings noted….. any ideas?

Give it a couple of hours for the settings to show. Then turn it on through Uconnect.

CHRISWARR36

Reaction score
Give it a couple of hours for the settings to show. Then turn it on through Uconnect.

Didn’t work. I’m stumped as to what I’m doing wrong. Worst part is waiting each time only to find out nothing worked!

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Didn’t work. I’m stumped as to what I’m doing wrong. Worst part is waiting each time only to find out nothing worked!

Do the settings show in Uconnect? If not, then you should check the settings in AlfaODB.

Two Yutes

Reaction score
Just finished installing the passive entry here in eastern Virginia. HUGE shout out to Jimmy07 for the three wiring harnesses and to everyone that has contributed to this thread. I read all the posts and the install was involved, but fairly easy. My only hiccup is I think I may have stripped out the door cap screw threads. The screw started to get a little tight and then no resistance at all. The cap is on tight, but I hope I never have to pull it off again. My advice, be careful when you tighten the door caps. After using AlfaOBD the Passive Entry on both doors and the tailgate began to work immediately and within 5 minutes it showed up in UConnect.

CHRISWARR36

Reaction score
Do the settings show in Uconnect? If not, then you should check the settings in AlfaODB.

Finally got it to show up, drivers door and tailgate work bit not the passenger door. I’ll work on that tomorrow and try and figure it out.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I spoke with Jimmy07 about this a while back and pulled the pins from the connectors to get the measurements. Last I heard, info on the rear door to body connectors is shrouded in secrecy as happens sometimes with manufacturers.
Easiest route to take is to run wires from the handles and then just feed the 2 leads through an open spot in the connectors (there are several). You will lose the ability to disconnect it easily, but it will work just fine. From there you just need to splice in to the wires along the floor to trigger the PE. I’ve got all the info, I just haven’t gotten to installing it yet.

I have been wanted to try this for awhile and asked if this would be possible. Do you of anyone that has gotten this work? Can you supply what and where to splice the wires into. I may need to order up handle to give this a try.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have been wanted to try this for awhile and asked if this would be possible. Do you of anyone that has gotten this work? Can you supply what and where to splice the wires into. I may need to order up handle to give this a try.

I’ve built harnesses for the rears for quite a few people here, but like mentioned, they need to be pulled through the main rear door connectors and tapped into the front handle wires. Let me know if you want a set.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve built harnesses for the rears for quite a few people here, but like mentioned, they need to be pulled through the main rear door connectors and tapped into the front handle wires. Let me know if you want a set.
Yeah I'll send you pm, I guess you can tap into front handles by kick panel without having to go into actual front door?

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I'll send you pm, I guess you can tap into front handles by kick panel without having to go into actual front door?

You can catch the wires right by the b-Pillar in the floor channel since they run from the RF hub on the back wall up to the front doors that way.

davebalaj

Reaction score
Hi All, finally completed full install and programming on my 2500HD. Everything worked as described and outlined here.

However, did anyone experience the rear backup camera not coming on when in R? Need to sort this out.

A big thanks to everyone who participated to make this happen.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just finished the driver and passenger doors. Activated the settings with AlfaOBD, and everything is working perfectly! I still need to add the antenna and wiring for the tailgate piece but I’ll knock that out when I get some time this week. Major shoutout to everyone’s contributions in this thread. This group is amazing.

@MayhemMOORE - really appreciate your dedication to this thread and all of your effort. Awesome job man.

@Jimmy07 - don’t know what else to say but thank you. Your harnesses are amazing. Top notch quality. Appreciate all you do for everyone here!

Jcardenas

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Im Interested in this harness how can I purchase them?
thank you

Users who are viewing this thread