5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So just confirming - as of right now, Jimmys harness will not currently work with 21 models?
The door handle harnesses are good. I’m about a week out from having the correct parts for the rear antenna harness.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
2021 Rear antenna wiring instructions have been posted, and I shuffled some stuff around since I'm limited to 10 photos per post. All the hot links in the first post have been updated and should link to the new order of posts. Once part numbers for the new terminals are confirmed to work they will be added to the parts list as well.

Beranimus

Reaction score
I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I have a 2019 RAM 3500 Bighorn. I understand the door handle install and have all the parts. Where does the wiring go into the door harness? Same place at the 1500? I got harnesses from Jimmy07 and just want to make sure I'm understanding. Just need to know where the harnesses connect to.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just want to make sure I'm doing things correctly. I have a 2019 RAM 3500 Bighorn. I understand the door handle install and have all the parts. Where does the wiring go into the door harness? Same place at the 1500? I got harnesses from Jimmy07 and just want to make sure I'm understanding. Just need to know where the harnesses connect to.
Looks like I totally left this information out of the HD posts. I will get it compiled and posted up over the weekend. Thanks for bringing this to light.

Scyllint

Reaction score
Looks like I totally left this information out of the HD posts. I will get it compiled and posted up over the weekend. Thanks for bringing this to light.
I have some pics of this from my install I can send over if that helps. Different parts of the door harness, taking it apart, how to insert the wires, etc.
The diagram jimmy07 provided for what terminals the wires plug into was the most helpful

tswea1

Reaction score
Help needed,

Recently attempted to do this passive entry modification on a 2020 Bighorn lv2 with limited success. Parts used are below

6CV361XJAD - door handle
6EG54KXJAB - right door handle cover
6FX82KXJAC - left door handle cover
56046957AA - rear antenna
Wiring harness from Jimmy

Made the required setting changes in AlphaOBD and double checked to make sure I didn’t miss one.

Currently, I am getting no response from either the driver or passenger doors when attempting to open or lock using the handle. However, the tailgate passive entry feature is working. Passive entry setting shows up in the connectU.

Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot or what the issue may be?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just wanted to provide some follow-up on this. The issue did end up being the wrong door caps shipped from rockauto, they did not have the required magnets and therefore, the driver and passenger side doors were not functioning. As you can see from the pictures, magnet is the silver thing to the right of the keyhole, and the QR sticker ending in “PE”. On the passenger side, the proper part is indicated by ended in “PE” vs “NPE”. Hopefully this helps someone down the line and they can avoid a weekend retracing everything they did!

ef03b276166c2c22026249b067b46842.jpg

62c18517acd6cfde6b3b4fdd99ca9746.jpg

2cba9c84d7dba10bdecb0d13c86ec39c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have some pics of this from my install I can send over if that helps. Different parts of the door harness, taking it apart, how to insert the wires, etc.
The diagram jimmy07 provided for what terminals the wires plug into was the most helpful

I thought I had the diagrams but I can’t seem to find them. I’ll take whatever you would like to provide and get it posted up for others.

Ramuser

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Hi. How much would you charge for the pair of front door wires for my 2020 2500?

Greenhorn

Reaction score
Anyone been able to find the door handles/cap part number for a 21 1500 in olive green Pearl?

Beranimus

Reaction score
I just got this finished on my ‘19 3500. Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who helped put this all together and took the time to help everyone with it.
One thing I would add is that the pictures of the door harness connector for the HD trucks are looking at the back side of the connector not the front. Had to switch one of the wires on the drivers side. Pretty easy tho.
Anyways thanks again. You guys are awesome!!!!

davepmcc

Reaction score
On the first page is the picture below with the directions to “Remove the two bolts and disconnect the window from the regulator”.

How do you disconnect the window from the regulator? Is it by lifting up the window now that the bolts have been removed?

window port.jpg

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
On the first page is the picture below with the directions to “Remove the two bolts and disconnect the window from the regulator”.

How do you disconnect the window from the regulator? Is it by lifting up the window now that the bolts have been removed?

View attachment 83389
These are clips too. You pull them to remove the window from the regulator.
You don't need to remove the screws, you open them just enough so you can pry these clips open

Attachments

• window port.jpg
    window port.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:

davepmcc

Reaction score
These are clips too. You pull them to remove the window from the regulator.
You don't need to remove the screws, you open them just enough so you can pri these clips open
That is very helpful for someone new to this. Thank you!

pflores

Reaction score
So I received a passenger door cable from Jimmy and the pins are labeled for a 1500 (i.e. 16D and 17D). I have a 2500. Can someone please tell me how those translate to the pins on a 2500. Should I place the 16D pin in the 4C or 14D location? I have the passenger door taken apart right now so if someone could answer me soon I will be eternally grateful :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread