5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding Passive Entry: How-to

Hukai

Reaction score
So I big thank you to everyone who has helped with this, especially MayhemMOORE and Jimmy07!! I installed mine this weekend. I started with the passenger side and took my time. I removed my carrier via the second method (service manual) I overlooked loosening the torx screw on the outside panel. LOL reading is hard sometimes!! Hardest part of the whole thing was trying to remove the large door harness from the body to disconnect it. I fought with this thing for a while!! Passenger side install start to finish took me 3 hours. This was taking my time, reading and rereading and figuring things out. The driver side install start to finish took me 45 minutes. Once you figure everything out not bad at all. Jimmy07 your harnesses were perfect! I added the rear antenna harness and mounted the harness in 30 minutes. I absolutely love having this feature!! Great job guys!!

Ginger_Beast

Reaction score
It seems like there is a TON of good info on here, but what is the ballpark cost? Understanding that different paints and different websites could have different prices.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
It seems like there is a TON of good info on here, but what is the ballpark cost? Understanding that different paints and different websites could have different prices.
Around $300-350 for 2 handles, 2 caps, 1 antenna and 3 harnesses from Jimmy07.
$50 for AlfaOBD
$25 for Bluetooth OBD2 reader

TDP154

Reaction score
Tally another one under success stories. Didn’t even have to disconnect the battery after using AlfaOBD. Passive Entry was in my 8.4 menu w/o Nav immediately. Thank you everybody!

Last edited:

jimbixjr

Reaction score
Finally got mine put in! Feels good to have it working and definetly wasn't without some anger and cussing.

Had trouble getting the drivers door handle on then realized it was because the area where the cap goes wasn't slid back correctly so the tab wasn't locked on to the outer door skin. That was about 30 minutes of frustration until I looked at the passenger side and realized what was wrong.

I'm sure it's my fault and I probably need to reread the guide on my computer and not my phone but I couldn't find the pin out for the 2020 rear bumper connector. A view that shows which side is antenna sense and return. I assumed it was similar to the 2021 is I did pin 1 signal goes to pin 19 and pin 2 return goes to pin 20.

Anyway thanks for this writeup! Can't wait to mod the truck some more.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally got mine put in! Feels good to have it working and definetly wasn't without some anger and cussing.

Had trouble getting the drivers door handle on then realized it was because the area where the cap goes wasn't slid back correctly so the tab wasn't locked on to the outer door skin. That was about 30 minutes of frustration until I looked at the passenger side and realized what was wrong.

I'm sure it's my fault and I probably need to reread the guide on my computer and not my phone but I couldn't find the pin out for the 2020 rear bumper connector. A view that shows which side is antenna sense and return. I assumed it was similar to the 2021 is I did pin 1 signal goes to pin 19 and pin 2 return goes to pin 20.

Anyway thanks for this writeup! Can't wait to mod the truck some more.
Glad you got it figured out. I checked, and it seems as though you're correct, I didn't specify which pin from the antenna should go in which position on the 2019-20. I'll look at the pinout and get it edited so it's clear.

Allard100408

Reaction score
Where is the parts list for this? I am trying to find what I need exactly to order and install looks great from your post, so that should be good, I just want to get the right parts and can you make me the harness? And where do I get the software tools? Thank you

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.4L CCSB

Allard100408

Reaction score
Where is the parts list for this? I am trying to find what I need exactly to order and install looks great from your post, so that should be good, I just want to get the right parts and can you make me the harness? And where do I get the software tools? Thank you

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.4L CCSB
Haha so if I paid more attention then I would have noticed, so I found the parts I need with color code for my HD. Would love to have a harness still and I am searching for the programmer.
It's a process to add things after purchasing 🤣

Surferfl7

Reaction score
I ordered the parts to get this installed and since I own a Built To Serve model I needed the rear handles as well. Just as I suspected the Left door handle caps have the key hole cut into them. Can I use a right door handle cap for the rear driver side door? The part numbers I ordered were 6CV50RPXAC (Left PE Cap with keyhole), 6FX82RPXAC (Left non-PE Cap but has key hole), 6CV52RPXAB (Right PE Cap), and 6EG54RPXAB (Right non-PE Cap). Can I use the 6EG54RPXAB part for the driver side passenger door? I didn't see any other options for handle caps in Patriot Blue and I ordered from OEMPartSource. Thanks in advance.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered the parts to get this installed and since I own a Built To Serve model I needed the rear handles as well. Just as I suspected the Left door handle caps have the key hole cut into them. Can I use a right door handle cap for the rear driver side door? The part numbers I ordered were 6CV50RPXAC (Left PE Cap with keyhole), 6FX82RPXAC (Left non-PE Cap but has key hole), 6CV52RPXAB (Right PE Cap), and 6EG54RPXAB (Right non-PE Cap). Can I use the 6EG54RPXAB part for the driver side passenger door? I didn't see any other options for handle caps in Patriot Blue and I ordered from OEMPartSource. Thanks in advance.
Caps and handles should be the same for all doors with the exception of the driver's door which has the keyhole. So if you order 2 passenger door caps for non-pe, they will work for the rear doors.

Surferfl7

Reaction score
Caps and handles should be the same for all doors with the exception of the driver's door which has the keyhole. So if you order 2 passenger door caps for non-pe, they will work for the rear doors.
Great! Thanks so much for the quick reply and all of your contributions!

Surferfl7

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time getting the harness pin into the door connector. Is there something special thats needs to be done to get the pin seated?

Edit:
NVM found the locking tabs

Last edited:

Surferfl7

Reaction score
Does the door handle connector lock into place? It seems like the connector can slide off the harness pretty easily.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does the door handle connector lock into place? It seems like the connector can slide off the harness pretty easily.

Are you talking about the the wiring connector that attaches to the actual door handle? It should click into place like any other connector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wsolarczyk

Reaction score
If anybody doesn’t want to spend the money for the entire door harnesses and rear facia harness, and doesn’t feel like building the add on harnesses with the parts, let me know and I can build them for you-
Ybotwhi.jpg
Hello,

How much will you charge me for all 3 of them? And of course how much will it be to ship to Chicago, IL?

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I added it this weekend, but I broke the little white plastic thing on the door to body connector so the boot doesn't sit flush. Anyone know what that part is called? Or a part number?

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I added it this weekend, but I broke the little white plastic thing on the door to body connector so the boot doesn't sit flush. Anyone know what that part is called? Or a part number?

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque
Can you post a photo of the piece you're talking about? If it's part of the door harness, it likely doesn't have a standalone part number and is included with the harness.

kraz

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many clips the door panels hold? Yellow and White. I'd like to buy spares just in case things go south.

Users who are viewing this thread