5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adding OEM Front Camera?

Chopperbobby

Reaction score
I always recommend the OBD link MX+. You can probably get by with cheaper ones for some settings, but sooner or later, they always seem to come across a setting that they’re not fast enough to change. I know for absolute certain that the MX is capable of every single setting change in the BCM, and can connect to every module.
Thanks. I did not notice. I don’t see an alphaobd for iso. I have all apple stuff. Anyone one know of a apple compatible obd that will unlock cargo camera so I can do this?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks. I did not notice. I don’t see an alphaobd for iso. I have all apple stuff. Anyone one know of a apple compatible obd that will unlock cargo camera so I can do this?
Use Jscan. The 2019+ DT Rams aren’t in the list, but you should be able to do it connected as a DS Ram.

rrroscoe

Reaction score
Finally got mine to work. 2019 Rebel, 12” with nav. Enabled cargo cam with Tazer. Pins 21 & 22. Thanks for all the knowledge and instructions on these 19 pages!

Attachments

• C6097148-8A29-4D63-8F2A-0D43543DECA0.jpeg
    C6097148-8A29-4D63-8F2A-0D43543DECA0.jpeg
    104.9 KB · Views: 271

toyboy1980

Reaction score
Mounted in the base of the A. Not sure if I will keep the grid lines.
Yeah cool. Same spot. I was initially on the fence about the grid lines, but they’ve actually proven handy for better judging the distance that I am from objects in front of the truck.

bskubon

Reaction score
Concerned regarding the bcm firmware issue Not allowing to see the cargo icon. Is this also an issue on the 2020 Limited 12” screen? Any issues trying to enable with AlfaObd? I.e. don’t want to buy a bunch of stuff if it MIGHT not work. Thanks

Brookelf

Reaction score
Concerned regarding the bcm firmware issue Not allowing to see the cargo icon. Is this also an issue on the 2020 Limited 12” screen? Any issues trying to enable with AlfaObd? I.e. don’t want to buy a bunch of stuff if it MIGHT not work. Thanks
I came from a 2019 1500 Lone Star 8.4 non Nav. The issue happens in the non Nav trucks and the firmware they flash on those BCMs. At first Jimmy07 thought it was the radio itself be after I had the problem after the upgraded 12 inch screen we came to the conclusion that its tied to the firmware version flashed on the truck from the factory. You should be ok having the 12 inch screen factory installed.

bskubon

Reaction score
I came from a 2019 1500 Lone Star 8.4 non Nav. The issue happens in the non Nav trucks and the firmware they flash on those BCMs. At first Jimmy07 thought it was the radio itself be after I had the problem after the upgraded 12 inch screen we came to the conclusion that its tied to the firmware version flashed on the truck from the factory. You should be ok having the 12 inch screen factory installed.
Thanks for the explanation, I’m pushing forward.

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a lead on the terminals for the connector behind the radio? Mouser is still showing out of stock and other places I've found have a minimum order and I don't need thousands of them.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have a lead on the terminals for the connector behind the radio? Mouser is still showing out of stock and other places I've found have a minimum order and I don't need thousands of them.
I have 3 if that will work for you. Message me your address and I will drop them in the mail.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses, I'm just going to go ahead and order a few in case I mess anything up.

K1135

Reaction score
So just to clarify, if you have a Non-Nav unit it wont work?

Brookelf

Reaction score
So just to clarify, if you have a Non-Nav unit it wont work?
It depends on what firmware your bcm was flashed with from the factory you should be able to find your hardware version with alfa. Jimmy07 has an example of a working one and I have an example of one that didn't work. Read about a page back.

K1135

Reaction score
It depends on what firmware your bcm was flashed with from the factory you should be able to find your hardware version with alfa. Jimmy07 has an example of a working one and I have an example of one that didn't work. Read about a page back.
Thanks

jdmdc5teg06

Reaction score
so I’m in the process of adding a cargo camera to work with the cargo soft key with my led CHMSL that already has the camera for the digital rearview mirror. So far all I did tonight was drill to mount the camera in place and I’ll eventually do the wiring after this weekend. Hopefully it all goes well.

So far I’m very pleased with the fit so far

B2C50F69-6C33-44F0-8ED7-6CE0C9C6D3CA.jpeg 5F13CD8F-584B-4B31-86BA-504E3F5B8765.jpeg 1A3E8A50-8838-46FF-954E-5162AAD4911D.jpeg

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
so I’m in the process of adding a cargo camera to work with the cargo soft key with my led CHMSL that already has the camera for the digital rearview mirror. So far all I did tonight was drill to mount the camera in place and I’ll eventually do the wiring after this weekend. Hopefully it all goes well.

So far I’m very pleased with the fit so far

View attachment 79005 View attachment 79006 View attachment 79007
Fitment looks great. Can't wait to see what the view shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/