5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC - does anyone have a truck that blows ice cold?

Differia

Reaction score
if one is happy why take a temperature reading? LMAO

I didn't even notice an issue till we had temperatures over 100. Its also the end of October I am sure your AC is working great.
Some states are hotter than others. Depending where you live the AC may not big that big of an issue.

Twister

Reaction score
I didn't even notice an issue till we had temperatures over 100. Its also the end of October I am sure your AC is working great.
Some states are hotter than others. Depending where you live the AC may not big that big of an issue.
we have temps over 100 here with heat indexes due to high humidity

Differia

Reaction score
we have temps over 100 here with heat indexes due to high humidity

Looks like your AC works well enough to keep you comfortable in your area. That's great and I am glad your happy but I highly doubt your AC performs any better than those of us that have issues.

Twister

Reaction score
Looks like your AC works well enough to keep you comfortable in your area. That's great and I am glad your happy but I highly doubt your AC performs any better than those of us that have issues.
dunno, I use the thermostat and set the temperature I desire and do not require any meat hanging the cab....lol

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
98 outside today, temp set to 70 Auto, lost feeling in my hands from the air hitting my hands on the steering wheel. No thermometer needed. Had to bump my setting up to 72.

Differia

Reaction score
98 outside today, temp set to 70 Auto, lost feeling in my hands from the air hitting my hands on the steering wheel. No thermometer needed. Had to bump my setting up to 72.
Wow
I thought were I lived was warm! Where were you at when it reached 98 degrees today?

Last edited:

ldoh

Reaction score
The real test is a stationary heat soaked cabin with bright shining sun light. Just sit there and try to enjoy that 5th gen a/c system as it struggles before you pass out with a heat stroke.

ac1dd

Reaction score
if one is happy why take a temperature reading? LMAO

Because your "opinion" is just that, there's nothing scientific about it. I've noticed quite a few posts like yours and they seem to be
trying to deflect from the problem that many people have.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Because your "opinion" is just that, there's nothing scientific about it. I've noticed quite a few posts like yours and they seem to be
I think mine doesn’t blow as well as it should but the 5% tint all around and the windshield tint makes it feel great in my cab for sure!

Twister

Reaction score
no, my posts reflect that I have no issues and post like yours insinuate we are idiots and don't know our own vehicles. I only stated I don't have a problem, please no drama.

ac1dd

Reaction score
no, my posts reflect that I have no issues and post like yours insinuate we are idiots and don't know our own vehicles. I only stated I don't have a problem, please no drama.
You response is quite defensive, and that is odd. Smells of diversion. :sneaky:

Twister

Reaction score
that is a lie, you must walk on the left side of aisle and have developed a skill in whining

ac1dd

Reaction score
that is a lie, you must walk on the left side of aisle and have developed a skill in whining

You have no concrete evidence to back up your observations, and all it would take is a inexpensive thermometer to
do so. Since that is the case I would bet your vent temp in 95 F with 50% humidity, on recirc with fan on medium speed would be around 59 F. haha.:p

ColoradoCub

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here’s a pretty cool observation on how messed up the AC is in these trucks. Ambient temperature outside is 41 deg, the coldest the air will blow on fresh air mode without the AC on is 63 degrees. Flip the AC on and driving 65 mph in a 41 deg outside temp the coldest my AC will blow is 53 degrees. Anyone who wants to tell me that the blend door from the heater core is closing as it is supposed to by design is crazy!

Attachments

• E4D7BC0B-0BD6-4D45-A284-867AB975A42A.jpeg
    E4D7BC0B-0BD6-4D45-A284-867AB975A42A.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 27

Users who are viewing this thread