5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AC - does anyone have a truck that blows ice cold?

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Lil Miss - I wonder if idling the truck for 10 minutes is adversely affecting your MPGs very much? Even if so, it’s likely worth it to have comfortable AC.
Oh i imagine it DEFINITELY is... But if you've ever gotten in my (once again : ) "tip to tail Black Beauty" after it baking in the Texas sun for 8 hours, & as i've said MANY times in this forum, i bought my 2019 Ram for the Smiles Per Gallon, not the MPG...

And also, after the $7,000+ i prolly lost in purchasing Black Beauty The Sequel just 3 days B4 the 15% Off MSRP Rebate came out, what's another extra 5 bucks a week @ the pump?! To me, its more than worth it : )

Last edited:

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh i imagine it DEFINITELY is... But if you've ever gotten in my (once again : ) "tip to tail Black Beauty" after it baking in the Texas sun for 8 hours, & as i've said MANY times in this forum, i bought my 2019 Ram for the Smiles Per Gallon, not the MPG...

And also, after the $7,000+ i prolly lost in purchasing Black Beauty The Sequel just 3 days B4 the 15% Off MSRP Rebate came out, what's another extra 5 bucks a week @ the pump?! To me, its more than worth it.... : )
Understand. I’m in Texas also. Just outside of Austin. The sun and the heat are brutal 4 to 5 months out the year. And smiles per gallon are certainly more important than miles per gallon.

ac1dd

Reaction score
I personally dont need a highly advanced thermometer to know this trucks AC is terrible. I've never owned a car or truck that is bad as the 2019 Ram in terms of air conditioning.
True, but to some degree comfort without tangible scientific proof with actual vent temps and other information makes it easier for
Chrysler to blow off complaints and concerns.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lately 90+ days here in Ohio with 90% humidity and I haven't had any issues with the AC. I normally do short runs to the store since i live so close and I never had any issues with my truck staying or getting cool.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Ouch. You just made me feel better about purchasing mine in Dec, when I thought I got a good deal (at the time I think it was)
Hey Patsy!

yeah, it was a blow, for sure, but when i researched it and looked for "other disgruntled Ram Buyers" that had purchased within a 72 hour time frame of the new rebates coming out so we could form an, "angry mob" lol, i found zilch, nada, zero...Crickets, as it were...lol

I even tried opened FCA case (that went nowhere- BIG surprise : ) , tried working with the dealer and a couple of other avenues... Nothing worked, so i just "sucked it up" and REFUSED to allow it to taint my ownership of Black Beauty The Sequel : )

it was a struggle there for a few days, but happy to report, i'm over it (as long as i stay far far away from "Price Negotiated From MSRP" thread, i'm golden : )

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Patsy!

yeah, it was a blow, for sure, but when i researched it and looked for "other disgruntled Ram Buyers" that had purchased within a 72 hour time frame of the new rebates coming out so we could form an, "angry mob" lol, i found zilch, nada, zero...Crickets, as it were...lol

I even tried opened FCA case (that went nowhere- BIG surprise : ) , tried working with the dealer and a couple of other avenues... Nothing worked, so i just "sucked it up" and REFUSED to allow it to taint my ownership of Black Beauty The Sequel : )

it was a struggle there for a few days, but happy to report, i'm over it (as long as i stay far far away from "Price Negotiated From MSRP" thread, i'm golden : )

Haha. You’re a good sport. I’m glad you at least tried.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wait till it gets over 100 degrees out. Park your truck in the sun for a few hours. See how long that takes to cool down. Now hit some city driving with no highway to help with the air flow on the A/C.
My garage is often over 100 degrees, but I take your point about the sun. I recently posted about leaving it out baking for a while on a 90+ degree (100 heat index) day. It cooled off to a comfortable level without remote start while we were still working our way out of the parking lot in traffic. Just pointing out that there are a lot of variables...not suggesting that there isn’t a problem!

ldoh

Reaction score
We are all different and the data will set you free.

My midwest father in law would be comfortable with the new ram production a/c but his low metabolism caters to stuffy, humid, 80+ temps.

Differia

Reaction score
My garage is often over 100 degrees, but I take your point about the sun. I recently posted about leaving it out baking for a while on a 90+ degree (100 heat index) day. It cooled off to a comfortable level without remote start while we were still working our way out of the parking lot in traffic. Just pointing out that there are a lot of variables...not suggesting that there isn’t a problem!

I understand everyone's comfort levels are different. I saw in the thread where you posted some of your temps and it looks like you have the same difference in temps from passenger to driver side we are complaining about.
If I was living in an area with high 90s I do not think I would be bothered as much. We hit temps of a 115 already this year and I was getting 70 degrees out the driver side. I was in my truck for over 30 minutes and not comfortable once. I put the clamp on and now see 44 while driving and 52-56 on idle in 106 degrees weather. My older Rams AC I traded in preformed great in the same outside tempatures.
Guys living in states that have cooler temperatures are not complaining as much.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I understand everyone's comfort levels are different. I saw in the thread where you posted some of your temps and it looks like you have the same difference in temps from passenger to driver side we are complaining about.
If I was living in an area with high 90s I do not think I would be bothered as much. We hit temps of a 115 already this year and I was getting 70 degrees out the driver side. I was in my truck for over 30 minutes and not comfortable once. I put the clamp on and now see 44 while driving and 52-56 on idle in 106 degrees weather. My older Rams AC I traded in preformed great in the same outside tempatures.
Guys living in states that have cooler temperatures are not complaining as much.

No offense intended but I've never heard of Texas described as a state with cooler temperatures...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
No offense intended but I've never heard of Texas described as a state with cooler temperatures...
Yeah...we’ve been under heat advisories lately with temps in the upper 90s to low 100s and heat indices in the 105-120 range. My insulated garage sometimes hits triple digits. Maybe our temps aren’t “hot enough”, even if they are probably 95th percentile, but the truck’s A/C has performed fine.

Differia

Reaction score

No offense taken. You misinterpreted what I was saying.
I never once said Texas is not a hot state. Its warm for sure.

timtlu

Reaction score
South Texas here, roughly 60% humidity regularly. Have seen temps up to 117 in my Ram after leaving it in the sun all day. Crack the windows initially to let the hot air out and am comfortable within 5 minutes set on auto 67.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
It's going to be a scorcher here in Virginia this weekend. Temps over 100, feeling like 115 with humidity. Looks like I won't be driving my truck at all this weekend :cautious:. Have to find some indoor projects to work on!

ac1dd

Reaction score
Folks you need to post your vent temps...
Without actual quantifiable data like that it's just your perception. Go buy an inexpensive digital thermometer with a corded probe on it.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Without actual quantifiable data like that it's just your perception. Go buy an inexpensive digital thermometer with a corded probe on it.

ac1dd

Reaction score
I
Sorry I didn't remember your previous post. Thanks.

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What ac1dd said.

Users who are viewing this thread