5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Bzguy007

Reaction score
When I added blind spot sensors and mirrors with blindspot orange LEDs I opted for the ones with the cameras installed. It was a bit running the coax for the left, right, and front cameras but it is doable. I was able to get 360 view working with the swap. All the parts I picked up used and was able to do this for about $350. The front and rear cameras I pulled from damaged Pacifica side mirrors that I picked up cheap.
View attachment 42519 View attachment 42538
where did you get the mirrors for blind spot with orange triangle , from MOPAR or From an older RAM from crashyard?

eyerocks

Reaction score
I used the following but this is just the major parts. Small hardware is needed for mounting everything.

Radio module / brain 68317978AF is what I used. A newer or older part number will be fine.

LVDS video cable: 68082364AC was the cheapest one I could find and I used. ( Dodge Journey )
or
68417577AA ( Ram 1500 )
or
5064684AD ( Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger )

Screen: 68312620AF with lane assist and parking buttons at the top
or
Screen: 68420967AD with only hazards button at the top

Bezel for the screen: Now this is a little tricky with different trims. Please verify color and prices vary widely.
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige or Black 6EJ801N1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Mountain Brown 6EJ811N6AA
Black/New Saddle 6EJ812XTAA
Indigo/Frost or Black 6EJ822C1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige, Black Interior Accents 6EZ151N1AA
Black, Black Interior Accents 6EZ152X9AA
All color Big Horn or Lonestar 6UV463XLAA
Black, Sport Badge 6UV473X9AB

Mat that fits in the top center: 6MB16TX7AA

Bolts that hold the screen to the trim are M5 X 0.8 x 12mm

Correction 8.4" Nav and Non Nav will need this or a pinout change. The 8.4" Nav will still use the blue connector and this adaptor. If you use the 8.4" nav screen connector without blue tape the hazards will not work when you switch to the 12" setup. On 8.4" setups the hazards wiring is still in the blue tapped connector and not the screen module connector.
HVAC plug with blue tape will also need repined before plugging into the screen. I made several and have them ready to ship just PM me.
View attachment 42678
What’s the pin out change please or do you have a extra connector thanks

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What’s the pin out change please or do you have a extra connector thanks
You need to read this thread to understand the swap. Read post 925.
Here is a spoon full...

TravisH

Reaction score
Received my screen and bezel from @SRTFreak. Rest of the parts should be here tomorrow. I can’t wait.

68641724acf4544c78258f5a1f6da221.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skywatcher2001

Reaction score
Received my screen and bezel from @SRTFreak. Rest of the parts should be here tomorrow. I can’t wait.

68641724acf4544c78258f5a1f6da221.jpg

I'm want this upgrade. I've been to the dealer here in Southern California and they were useless. I want to do it myself but don't know the part numbers needed. 2020 Ram BH Sport. Can you list out the part numbers? I have the factory 8.4 NAV w/uconnect activated. Even MVI seemed too busy to help. Much appreciated. . .

TravisH

Reaction score
I'm want this upgrade. I've been to the dealer here in Southern California and they were useless. I want to do it myself but don't know the part numbers needed. 2020 Ram BH Sport. Can you list out the part numbers? I have the factory 8.4 NAV w/uconnect activated. Even MVI seemed too busy to help. Much appreciated. . .

Sure. I will do that later today.

TravisH

Reaction score
Is there anything I should do to my 8.4” non-nav before taking it out? Is there any code i should be retrieving from it?

Brendon514

Reaction score

Copied from aprevious post.

You can order these from any online Mopar part store
* LVDS Cable - 68082364AC
* Rubber mat for bezel - 6MB16TX7AA
* Center Stack Screen- 68420967AE
* 12” bezel *part # varies by trim (must research the correct trim)
* Radio Module - -
* **68317978AL this is the module if you have a 19-20
* **68472372AE this is the module if you have a 2021

Additional items you will need

OBDLink MX+ OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for iPhone, Android, and Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JFRFJG6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_W5RRMENV2DW0GP7E0Y1A

sportuli Fit for Chrysler -12+8... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W4YF2H7?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

You will also need to repin a harness, or contact Jimmy07 for his harness for $40

TravisH

Reaction score
Got my 12” swap done and having a few issues. My sound is cutting in and out on all sources. Not sure what it could be. I did switch from the base 6 to the alpine 9 system the other day but everything was working fine. My backup camera isn’t showing up yet, assuming it takes time from what I read. No option for it and the radio isn’t detecting reverse. The HVAC arrows aren’t working. They pop up on the screen when pressed but they don’t change the temp. Under controls there’s the vented seat settings but I don’t have vented seats. I added power sides which aren’t showing up.

*Update* I also noticed settings for things I don’t even have so I’m assuming it’s going to take some time? This is a brand new radio module.

I’m hearing a beep every time I press a button on the screen which I assume is coming through the speakers which has me puzzled.

*Update 2* disconnected the battery again. Sound is working now and most of the features I don’t have disappeared. Now waiting for everything else to come back. Most settings menus are empty (lights, locks, etc). The driver safety menu is gone. My hvac arrows work but temp is in Celsius and option to change it is missing.

*Update 3* I did a full reboot with my Tazer DT and everything showed up immediately and appears to be working correctly. Problems solved.

Last edited:

TravisH

Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Do you happen to know the correct pins for the radio module to add the input for the cargo cam?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@Jimmy07 Do you happen to know the correct pins for the radio module to add the input for the cargo cam?
Pins 21, 22, & 23

*edit* or did you mean the correct terminals for pins 21,22,23? - TE Connectivity 638551-2

356super

Reaction score
I used the following but this is just the major parts. Small hardware is needed for mounting everything.

Radio module / brain 68317978AF is what I used. A newer or older part number will be fine.

LVDS video cable: 68082364AC was the cheapest one I could find and I used. ( Dodge Journey )
or
68417577AA ( Ram 1500 )
or
5064684AD ( Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger )

Screen: 68312620AF with lane assist and parking buttons at the top
or
Screen: 68420967AD with only hazards button at the top

Bezel for the screen: Now this is a little tricky with different trims. Please verify color and prices vary widely.
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige or Black 6EJ801N1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Mountain Brown 6EJ811N6AA
Black/New Saddle 6EJ812XTAA
Indigo/Frost or Black 6EJ822C1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige, Black Interior Accents 6EZ151N1AA
Black, Black Interior Accents 6EZ152X9AA
All color Big Horn or Lonestar 6UV463XLAA
Black, Sport Badge 6UV473X9AB

Mat that fits in the top center: 6MB16TX7AA

Bolts that hold the screen to the trim are M5 X 0.8 x 12mm

Correction 8.4" Nav and Non Nav will need this or a pinout change. The 8.4" Nav will still use the blue connector and this adaptor. If you use the 8.4" nav screen connector without blue tape the hazards will not work when you switch to the 12" setup. On 8.4" setups the hazards wiring is still in the blue tapped connector and not the screen module connector.
HVAC plug with blue tape will also need repined before plugging into the screen. I made several and have them ready to ship just PM me.
View attachment 42678
Hi, I have a 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie w/ 8.4 non nav. Could you tell me the parts needed for the 12" conversion and how I can purchase the connectors needed from you. Thanks, Charlie, [email protected]

Brendon514

Reaction score
Just did the swap from the 8.4” to 12” screen. Got all parts installed, powers up fine. Only thing I’m trying to figure it is how to program it with the JScan app and Bluetooth dongle. I have the harness adapter and dongle plugged it, connects to my phone but I don’t see a specific spot to manage the module or which one specifically. Does anyone know exactly how to program with the JScan? I had a guy helping me out with everything prior to parts arriving but he hadn’t responded about the JScan programming and don’t want to be a bother to him too much lol

Update*
I activated the ICS module and ICS-R to activate and was both successful. So do I just need to plug those two connections below the dash back in, and let the vehicle sit temporarily? I have everything operating besides audio output and seat ventilation controls (which temporarily worked before a key cycle)

*note* I will share what parts you’d need for the swap and how to program all in one post once I figure it out to make it super simple for anyone looking to upgrade from Nav 8.4 to the 12”

bcc5bc60a77cc7965c147390ee5aee67.jpg

kd908070

Reaction score
Just did the swap from the 8.4” to 12” screen. Got all parts installed, powers up fine. Only thing I’m trying to figure it is how to program it with the JScan app and Bluetooth dongle. I have the harness adapter and dongle plugged it, connects to my phone but I don’t see a specific spot to manage the module or which one specifically. Does anyone know exactly how to program with the JScan? I had a guy helping me out with everything prior to parts arriving but he hadn’t responded about the JScan programming and don’t want to be a bother to him too much lol

Update*
I activated the ICS module and ICS-R to activate and was both successful. So do I just need to plug those two connections below the dash back in, and let the vehicle sit temporarily? I have everything operating besides audio output and seat ventilation controls (which temporarily worked before a key cycle)

*note* I will share what parts you’d need for the swap and how to program all in one post once I figure it out to make it super simple for anyone looking to upgrade from Nav 8.4 to the 12”

thank you for sharing. Waiting for your update with the Part Number and programing needed.

Brendon514

Reaction score

Update*

Update. Figured out what to deactivate/activate so I just programmed that not long ago. Letting the truck sit overnight and will test in the AM.

Brendon514

Reaction score
Activated the DCSD and Deactivated the ICS last night. Let the truck sit overnight and it’s working correctly now. Thanks everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread