5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

eurofix

Reaction score
hi,thank you verry much for all indirect help.have swap 8.4 for 12 inch with the help of this forum on my ram 2500 2019.change radio unit screen and configuration with alfaobd . job done the differences with 1500 dt is the hazard light already wired in both plugs and the camera and heated seats make 1 night to coming back on my screen.thanks again specialy post 309 and 319.
i will buy kit if anyone want sale post me

eurofix

Reaction score
also i have compete kit to sale 8.4 nav with code and bezel.make your offer

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
It certainly is possible, I've done it. There are several threads here that address the project

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Do you need only two wires or need alpha for software modifications. I’m looking in the forum. I don’t found anybody said “I did “ and it’s you need.

spaniel43

Reaction score
Do you need only two wires or need alpha for software modifications. I’m looking in the forum. I don’t found anybody said “I did “ and it’s you need.
You'll need alfaobd. Earlier I posted a link above. I believe the link works. It's extremely long, read through and you'll find your answers

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
You'll need alfaobd. Earlier I posted a link above. I believe the link works. It's extremely long, read through and you'll find your answers

Thanks but the link not open, and I looking in 25 page, audio and electronic, but I don’t find nothing. If can you help appreciate. Thanks

lmattus

Reaction score
Thanks but the link not open, and I looking in 25 page, audio and electronic, but I don’t find nothing. If can you help appreciate. Thanks
hey Buddy
you will need to cables LVDS and another one for the hazard lights, after that you will need the OBD dongle and the security bypass and then AlfaOBD to make changes, after that disconnect the negative terminal from the battery and wait around 30-40 min and everything in the screen will be functional , some of the previous feature eventually will come up

spaniel43

Reaction score
Try searching "alfaobd" on this site. iirc it's in the 4th gen section of the forum. Sorry I cannot be of more help with this! There are many here that should be able to point you in the right direction but they seem to be absent!

lmattus

Reaction score
Try searching "alfaobd" on this site. iirc it's in the 4th gen section of the forum. Sorry I cannot be of more help with this! There are many here that should be able to point you in the right direction but they seem to be absent!

Hey Buddy

are you trying to configure the 12" radio ? check pages in this Forum from 16-18 they explained really good what to do there

lmattus

Reaction score
How can I activate Uconnect services that comes on the 12.1 if my truck original came with the 8,4 Non Nav system currently trying to have the internet Access and the phone app , can anyone help ?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
How can I activate Uconnect services that comes on the 12.1 if my truck original came with the 8,4 Non Nav system currently trying to have the internet Access and the phone app , can anyone help ?
You mean guardian?
You can't...

pbclax1

Reaction score
What obd plug in is everyone using? Has anyone used the bafx? Does it need to be a Bluetooth one?

blinkSS

Reaction score
Are these two interchangeable to bypass the security gateway. Either will do the job?

Screenshot_20200919-224114.png Screenshot_20200919-223123.png

pbclax1

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where about in this massive thread I can find the process for 8.4 non nav to 12” upgrade from start to finish? I’ve been through a good bit of the thread but it’s so much I must be missing it.

Ram41313

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where about in this massive thread I can find the process for 8.4 non nav to 12” upgrade from start to finish? I’ve been through a good bit of the thread but it’s so much I must be missing it.
Pages 16 through 18

spaniel43

Reaction score
There's plenty of info here. Send the info I used was @ post 7900(ish). Hope the link I shared works, if not sorry, bring my pay grade unfortunately.

AlfaOBD

Sorry, I cannot seem to figure out how to share a link in this dam forum!!

Users who are viewing this thread