5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

Ram41313

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where about in this massive thread I can find the process for 8.4 non nav to 12” upgrade from start to finish? I’ve been through a good bit of the thread but it’s so much I must be missing it.
Jimmy 07 will tell you everything he knows it

lmattus

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where about in this massive thread I can find the process for 8.4 non nav to 12” upgrade from start to finish? I’ve been through a good bit of the thread but it’s so much I must be missing it.
pages 16-18 its there

lmattus

Reaction score
well thought that with the 12.1 Radio i would be able to have internet access in my truck besides all the other uconnect features i totally disappointed everything its related with the VIN and because my truck originally came with 8.4 Non Nav cant have it , any suggestions will be always welcome

jaguar77

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the differences between the two different 12" part numbers?

The one with OUT the lane assist and parking buttons is $200 more?

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the differences between the two different 12" part working numbers?

The one with OUT the lane assist and parking buttons is $200 more?
For you it's the same. You'll have 2 not functioning buttons. I got the cheaper one with extra buttons and it works flawlessly.

spaniel43

Reaction score
well thought that with the 12.1 Radio i would be able to have internet access in my truck besides all the other uconnect features i totally disappointed everything its related with the VIN and because my truck originally came with 8.4 Non Nav cant have it , any suggestions will be always welcome
I did the same upgrade, non nav to 12" nav. I didn't do it for internet features or guardian but! If I wanted those features they aren't available to me? That doesn't seem right! I'm assuming you called guardian?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I did the same upgrade, non nav to 12" nav. I didn't do it for internet features or guardian but! If I wanted those features they aren't available to me? That doesn't seem right! I'm assuming you called guardian?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
They're not available to you...

pbclax1

Reaction score
In Alfa obd to change settings is everyone still using the Pacifica vehicle selection or do you use the MY19 vehicle selection?

Also are you guys disconnecting the battery doing the swap?

Last edited:

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
In Alfa obd to change settings is everyone still using the Pacifica vehicle selection or do you use the MY19 vehicle selection?

Also are you guys disconnecting the battery doing the swap?
I did use Pacifica.
I disconnected my battery for the swap and I advise you to, too.

pbclax1

Reaction score
Working on repinning the connector. Can’t seem to get the pins to release? Paper clip in the terminal side and pull?

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Working on repinning the connector. Can’t seem to get the pins to release? Paper clip in the terminal side and pull?

Be careful not to muck that harness up. Take a break n figure out how it’s actually released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Retried many, many times. Even pulled the system settings from AlphaODB and "ICS integrated center stack" is listed as Not Enabled and "Cabin Net DCSD display screen module" is listed as Enabled (in both the Android and Windows versions of AlphaODB.)
Can you fix the problem ?

pbclax1

Reaction score
Be careful not to muck that harness up. Take a break n figure out how it’s actually released

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got it all done and pinned. Definitely was a bit of a challenge. Everything seems to be good to go with the Alfa changes etc!

blinkSS

Reaction score
For a 2019 should I be selecting My2019 PowerNet or one of the DT PowerNet Var?

Screenshot_20200926-201803~2.png

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
For a 2019 should I be selecting My2019 PowerNet or one of the DT PowerNet Var?

View attachment 69958

BTW: IDK if you can use your phone for this, you need a Windows version...

blinkSS

Reaction score
I believe they updated the app and it allows you to change what we need while using the app on an Android device, not just the windows version now. Correct me if I'm wrong so I can go ahead and request a key for the windows version.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
I believe they updated the app and it allows you to change what we need while using the app on an Android device, not just the windows version now. Correct me if I'm wrong so I can go ahead and request a key for the windows version.
No man, That's great news! Try it and let us know please... Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/