5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Hi,
I hope someone can help me. I have a 2019 ram 1500 with non-nav 8.4" radio. I purchased the 12" screen and module (68317978AI), LVDS cable, re-wired the pins correctly (even made an adapter using parts from Digikey), Obdlink MX+ and have AlfaODB for Android and Windows. I did the swap, Disabled "ICS integrated center stack" and Enabled "Cabin Net DCSD display screen module" in AlfaODB, removed the radio fuse, turned off the truck for 30 mins (several times) but the screen does not turn on. The A/C buttons and hazards work fine but the radio and screen do not work. I have tried using using the Android and Windows version's of AlfaODB (tried using several different Control Unit types, e.g. Pacifica 2017, DT MY2013-2017 Power Net, DT MY2019 PowerNet), tried a second LVDS cable, and tried re-pining the 8 pin plug several times but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
If it doesn't turn on, it means the programming is not completed. Go back to post #309 and do exactly what it says. Don't try different systems... 2017 Pacifica worked fine for me.
Make sure you change the settings and the program says it's completed.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Please tell me what all I need. I’m thinking the screen of course. Did you repin the wires? AlfObd? Is that the site of the transplant? Sorry I get confused alil East in my age but I’m wanting to do this. Please help if possible
Hey.
I got a Screen, Bezel and module. Repining for the wiring. Then programed it with AlfaODB. That's it..

graig79

Reaction score
If it doesn't turn on, it means the programming is not completed. Go back to post #309 and do exactly what it says. Don't try different systems... 2017 Pacifica worked fine for me.
Make sure you change the settings and the program says it's completed.
Retried many, many times. Even pulled the system settings from AlphaODB and "ICS integrated center stack" is listed as Not Enabled and "Cabin Net DCSD display screen module" is listed as Enabled (in both the Android and Windows versions of AlphaODB.)

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
So I have a 2018 Laramie Navi 8.4” screen and want the 12.1 I need the screen and module and repin the back plus the code? Read them thread skipped a few pages.. can you tell me where you got the transplant and is (everything) working like the knob controll like the earlier side was? Please help thanks I’m advance.

You can only upgrade the 2019 and up 5th Gen trucks.

Bram2019

Reaction score
Blown fuse. Check all fuses under hood and under dash related to screen and radio
Retried many, many times. Even pulled the system settings from AlphaODB and "ICS integrated center stack" is listed as Not Enabled and "Cabin Net DCSD display screen module" is listed as Enabled (in both the Android and Windows versions of AlphaODB.)

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You can only upgrade the 2019 and up 5th Gen trucks.
Not so fast...
8Pg78dR.jpg

Bram2019

Reaction score
I have checked all fuses and they are good.
You are doign something wrong or you got bad hardware. Guys nortoriously blow fuses when changing the pins in the blue plug. Can you hear the radio at all. In some cases the radio comes on and the screen stays black.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We can take your existing module and convert to 12". The module stays fully intact so you can keep XMGuardian, Traffic, etc. Will need to send in module. Turnaround will be 1-2 days. pm me for details if anyone is interested.

Have anyone tried this yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tallus

Reaction score
Can someone verify which bezel part number will match my 2019 Bighorn 1500 Crystal Met. 8.4 with Nav

I believe my parts list is
68317978AI Radio Module (source yet to be found)
68417577AA LVDS
68312620AF Screen
6MB16TX7AA Mat

Plus making up my own adaptor.

I have everything for Alpha OBD. I just finish passive entry a couple weeks back.

But I'm struggling with the correct Bezel, please see pictures below.

Is this 6UV463xLAB?

Attachments

• IMG_1118.jpg
    IMG_1118.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_1119.jpg
    IMG_1119.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

lmattus

Reaction score
I used the following but this is just the major parts. Small hardware is needed for mounting everything.

Radio module / brain 68317978AF is what I used. A newer or older part number will be fine.

LVDS video cable: 68082364AC was the cheapest one I could find and I used. ( Dodge Journey )
or
68417577AA ( Ram 1500 )
or
5064684AD ( Chrysler 300 or Dodge Charger )

Screen: 68312620AF with lane assist and parking buttons at the top
or
Screen: 68420967AD with only hazards button at the top

Bezel for the screen: Now this is a little tricky with different trims. Please verify color and prices vary widely.
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige or Black 6EJ801N1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Mountain Brown 6EJ811N6AA
Black/New Saddle 6EJ812XTAA
Indigo/Frost or Black 6EJ822C1AA
Mountain Brown/Lt Frost Beige, Black Interior Accents 6EZ151N1AA
Black, Black Interior Accents 6EZ152X9AA
All color Big Horn or Lonestar 6UV463XLAA
Black, Sport Badge 6UV473X9AB

Mat that fits in the top center: 6MB16TX7AA

Bolts that hold the screen to the trim are M5 X 0.8 x 12mm

Correction 8.4" Nav and Non Nav will need this or a pinout change. The 8.4" Nav will still use the blue connector and this adaptor. If you use the 8.4" nav screen connector without blue tape the hazards will not work when you switch to the 12" setup. On 8.4" setups the hazards wiring is still in the blue tapped connector and not the screen module connector.
HVAC plug with blue tape will also need repined before plugging into the screen. I made several and have them ready to ship just PM me.
View attachment 42678
hey buddy can you please let me know about this cable , i tried to hold of you need this cable maybe you can sale it to me

Phi1Wh0

Reaction score
Can someone verify which bezel part number will match my 2019 Bighorn 1500 Crystal Met. 8.4 with Nav

I believe my parts list is
68317978AI Radio Module (source yet to be found)
68417577AA LVDS
68312620AF Screen
6MB16TX7AA Mat

Plus making up my own adaptor.

I have everything for Alpha OBD. I just finish passive entry a couple weeks back.

But I'm struggling with the correct Bezel, please see pictures below.

Is this 6UV463xLAB?

I have a module

lmattus

Reaction score
Yeah, I bought it all last night. Once I get everything in the mail I’ll be doing the install. Thanks for your response man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hey buddy i just read your post , got the same situation coming from 8.4 non Nav to 12 " i believe missing the hazard lights harness where did you get it from ? and how much did you paid ? any info will help thank you in advanced

graig79

Reaction score
You are doign something wrong or you got bad hardware. Guys nortoriously blow fuses when changing the pins in the blue plug. Can you hear the radio at all. In some cases the radio comes on and the screen stays black.
Sorry for the late reply. I initially blew the 15 amp fuse when repining the blue plug. Windshield wipers wouldn't turn off and got a bunch of errors. Replaced the fuse, but screen wouldn't turn on. I then checked every fuse in the cabin and under the hood but all were good. No radio and no display on the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread