5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

HookedonRam

Reaction score
+
I really wish you had said something before. I ended up spending $100 on a odbtool and $55 for the security harness.

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Yes it’s in the write up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I read this forums forwards and backwards and I can't really find a step-by-step instructions and almost everyone I pm'ed on here never responded back to me as to how to get this done. I am still waiting on some parts that should arrive hopefully next week before I start doing the swap. However, is there step-by-step instructions for 8.4" non-nav to 12"? TIA

TNRAMBox

Reaction score
I read this forums forwards and backwards and I can't really find a step-by-step instructions and almost everyone I pm'ed on here never responded back to me as to how to get this done. I am still waiting on some parts that should arrive hopefully next week before I start doing the swap. However, is there step-by-step instructions for 8.4" non-nav to 12"? TIA
Have a look at page 16. AlfaOBD instructions.

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Hello

I’m looking the number part for the screen. How can help me

thanks

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Choose body computer select body control module my 2019

Choose Car configuration change. Go almost all the way down the list till you come to

Cab Net ICS integrated center stack. Click it and disable it.

Scroll down a couple and click on Cabin Net DCSD display screen module and enable it.

If you cant get AC to work move to next step

6.Now for hvac controls.

Connect again to body control module go to car configuration then vehicle config 3 HVAC

Select value tab : dual zone ATC .

Hit start. And done

Note: sometimes it take a few times driving for sirus radio and back up camera to start working again.

Thanks, I appreciate it brother! I can't wait to get the rest of the stuff in this week to get this done. I'll post pictures once it's done.

Tonym27

Reaction score
I have one

I currently have one i am willing to get rid of. I did the upgrade from the 5in to 12in and thought that the 68317978AL part was faulty. The dealership where i ordered it from would not accept returns due to covid so i ordered another from a different dealership. The issue i was having was there was no sound coming from my speakers when i plug in the new radio, 68317978AL. Everything else worked. The fix was to add resistors to my speakers as i added aftermarket speakers and amplifiers and its a fail safe mode that crystler radios do. Had i known this earlier i could have just done this before buying a second radio module. Either way its brand new and i would like to sell it. $700 plus shipping.
I'll take if you still have

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Ordered from Mopar Factory Parts 4/17, shipped 4/28.

68317978al - Multi Media Radio
68420967AD - Center Stack
6UV483XRAB - Instrument Panel Bezel
55111178AC - Temperature Cabin Air Sensor
68230114AB - Sun Sensor
6MB16TX7AA - Storage Bin Mat
68082364AC - Jumper Cable
Do you have the number part for screen ? Thanks

Ochoa1801

Reaction score
Hi,
all parts are here, ordered from my local dealership, and picked up this morning, now its time to swap
The screen come with the module ? Or can you tell me what is the number part for screen and Module thanks

Bsaylor

Reaction score
Just want to say thanks to all that have posted on this forum. Holy Hell that was a lot of reading and screen shots! Finally got everything ordered (fingers crossed) today and now the waiting begins. Pretty excited to get this in the truck!

kraz

Reaction score
Hello, I am placing my order for this upgrade tomorrow. Should I not provide my VIN when ordering? I've heard it's best not to but I just want to double check.
Thank you

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Hello, I am placing my order for this upgrade tomorrow. Should I not provide my VIN when ordering? I've heard it's best not to but I just want to double check.
Thank you
Who said not to? I provided my vin to make sure parts would fit in my Ram.

MannymanX

5thGenRams Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you
You can... But it can delay the shipping because they might ask you more questions...
I wouldn't if they don't require it, Or I'd provide them with a different VIN, One that has a 12" radio...
Maybe give them this one: 1C6RREHT4MN585061

Thomas1023

Reaction score
Completed the upgrade successfully thanks to this thread. Went from a 8.4” non nav. Has anyone been able to figure out if you can activate guardian and the connected services if you’re coming from a non nav?

HookedonRam

Reaction score
Completed the upgrade successfully thanks to this thread. Went from a 8.4” non nav. Has anyone been able to figure out if you can activate guardian and the connected services if you’re coming from a non nav?
that great news, I am getting ready to do the same hopefully this week when I get my parts in. What did you end up doing with the hazards button? Do you have any pictures by any chance? Let me know if you can pm'me, thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/