5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

8.4" to 12.1" screen replacement

dougstheman86

Reaction score
What do you mean repin my plug? Where do I get the adapter?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Yeah I guess I’ll have to, what would that cable even be called? All that cable does is the hazard lights?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What do you mean repin my plug? Where do I get the adapter?

Here’s all the parts to make that adapter:
Female connector- https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=307001081
Female connector terminals (5)- https://www.digikey.com/product-det...amp-connectors/1393366-1/A101883CT-ND/2700940
Male connector- https://www.digikey.com/products/en?keywords=309681081
Male connector terminals (5)- https://www.digikey.com/product-det...tors/2-1419158-5/17-2-1419158-5CT-ND/11492481

Pin wires in positions 1,4,5,7,&8 on the male connector.

Then, the wire in male 1 goes to female connector position 2. Wire in male 4 goes to female 1. Wire in male 5 goes to female 6. Wire in male 7 goes to female 8. And the wire in male 8 goes to female connector position 3.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
Thank you @Jimmy07, does anyone have a better picture of the wiring? Post #194 isn’t to clear. I think I’m just going to wire it myself with the connector just because I want this done, and I miss my radio lol.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you @Jimmy07, does anyone have a better picture of the wiring? Post #194 isn’t to clear. I think I’m just going to wire it myself with the connector just because I want this done, and I miss my radio lol.

This is how the connector that is plugged into your current switch bank is arranged right now-
Hk67kKG.jpg

This is how it needs to be rearranged and plugged into the display screen-
ewbjbgY.jpg

dougstheman86

Reaction score
@Jimmy07, well I guess I suck man. I can’t get this **** to power on. I think it’s my OBD tool, I followed the steps in post #319 and it keeps saying failed so I ordered this OBD tool now and the parts you listed above. I really hope I can get this working....

dougstheman86

Reaction score
The only pins I’m changing over is the cable with the blue tape correct?

dougstheman86

Reaction score
I was using this OBD tool with connection issues...

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It's not a vin lock issue. It is a simple alignment issue. But the difficult part is a proxy alignment is only available for fiat based vehicles. If someone knows how to trick the programmers to allow, this, everyone's problems would be solved. I've already confirmed this to be the case.
The only pins I’m changing over is the cable with the blue tape correct?
Correct. You really shouldn’t need to make the adapter harness unless that connector with blue tape doesn’t reach the display screen connector.
I was using this OBD tool with connection issues...

@Jimmy07, this is what I keep getting...any clue what could be the issue?
404441a65986850615755cdaf4e5e95b.jpg

I haven’t seen that screen before, and the BAFX interface is sketchy and unreliable. It may work for some most of the time, but then there’s the few time it doesn’t work for others. The MX is your best bet.
Is this screen popping up as soon as you select car configuration change?

By the way everyone- After the AlfaOBD updates for Android and windows version, the Android version now works for this, and there is no need to connect on the windows version in advanced mode to a Pacifica. You can just connect to the BCM in normal mode and the display screen module is populated in the settings list.

dougstheman86

Reaction score
@Jimmy07, no it pops up after I go to advanced and I click on car configuration change

dougstheman86

Reaction score
So you think it’s my OBD Tool then that’s causing the issues?

dougstheman86

Reaction score
If I hit continue it doesn’t give me any options at the bottom, everything is grey’ed out.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I hit continue it doesn’t give me any options at the bottom, everything is grey’ed out.

Alright, taking a step back- shut AlfaOBD down, turn ignition to off, and open/close the driver door. Fire up AlfaOBD again and connect again, this time staying in normal mode. Now go to active diagnostics and select car configuration change. Same result?

Users who are viewing this thread