5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Stock Stereo Upgrade Options?

M Rob

Reaction score
I have no complaints with the Infinity 3032cfx dash speakers. I have not upgraded the door speakers yet but I do have a pair of CDT 6x9's inbound for the front doors that I will swap in when I add the passive entry stuff. They are midbass woofers and on sale right now if anybody is interested. http://cdtaudio.com/sep_components/subwoofers/cl69s.php

I got 2 pairs of these also a few weeks ago. Getting ready for the install.
Side note , they do offer them in 2 ohm version as well !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juanrachel

Reaction score
After reading through and seeing different setups to add amp, sub and upgrade speakers for my 2020 Ram with Alpine 9 speaker system I just need to get the PAC AP4-CH41 (R.2) and PAC ANC-CH01 correct? Or is there anything else needed?

dano257

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mopar Performance upgraded speakers part# 82215414 for the front and # 82215415 for the rear doors? It says its a direct fit replacement made by Kicker. This front consists of a 6x9 mid bass for the front doors and a tweeter for the dash locations. The rear is a 6x9 2-way made by Kicker for the back doors. Thanks.

Gozar

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Mopar Performance upgraded speakers part# 82215414 for the front and # 82215415 for the rear doors? It says its a direct fit replacement made by Kicker. This front consists of a 6x9 mid bass for the front doors and a tweeter for the dash locations. The rear is a 6x9 2-way made by Kicker for the back doors. Thanks.
I replaced all of mine with the Kenwood kit, 2 6x9 mid-bass woofers, 2 3.5' 2-way dash speakers and then Kenwood Excelon 6x9 2-way rear door speakers. Added a JBL 8" powered sub and a Kicker key-amp......pure bliss for my listening habits, mostly Rock and Blues Rock.

Jeades21

Reaction score
i installed my amp and subs to the stock system. i added the ANC bypass my ? why is the XM so much louder than playing music from my phone? i have to turn down the bass and volume.

Jmorrison

Reaction score
I removed the seats to take a look at the back, and here is what we have. Not much there, but enough room for an amp and a ultra thin sub.

From what I can tell, it looks like the folding seat mod would work too for the passenger side. Although they have reinforced the clamp with steel (I think it was just plastic before...?).

I'll have to do some more measuring to decide what I'll stick back there. But this is a start at least.

Still am not sure what the free harness connector is near the middle... anyone know what that device mounted on the right is. in the schematic (that I don't have on my truck)?

Anyone want any more pics or info before I put the seats back together?
I know this is a bit of an older post but did you have to remove the rear pillar trim to get the carpet off the wall behind the rear seats? Thanks!

NatGNJ

Reaction score
I know this is a bit of an older post but did you have to remove the rear pillar trim to get the carpet off the wall behind the rear seats? Thanks!
Yes, rear trim needs to come off. You might be able to pull the carpet out without removing the trim, but you definitely need to remove the trim to put the carpet back. I did not have to remove the seatbelt anchors at the bottom at either side to remove said trim. A panel popper and a hook tool (for stubborn clips) will do.

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
After reading through and seeing different setups to add amp, sub and upgrade speakers for my 2020 Ram with Alpine 9 speaker system I just need to get the PAC AP4-CH41 (R.2) and PAC ANC-CH01 correct? Or is there anything else needed?

Which stock stereo do you have? Base, alpine, or HK

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
Alpine 9 speaker

Sorry, I missed that.

The you need the pac amp pro ch41.2 and an anc bypass or remove the 4 anc wires. The pac amp ch-01 is only for the base 6 speaker system.

Both net audio and LLJ customs make an anc bypass harness for our trucks. I used the one from LLJ customs.

spark

Reaction score
I replaced all of mine with the Kenwood kit, 2 6x9 mid-bass woofers, 2 3.5' 2-way dash speakers and then Kenwood Excelon 6x9 2-way rear door speakers. Added a JBL 8" powered sub and a Kicker key-amp......pure bliss for my listening habits, mostly Rock and Blues Rock.

How is the key amp wired in and where did you end up putting it?

Gozar

Reaction score
Key amp is wired in using a NetAudio ANC bypass harness and is mounted under the drives seat next to the ANC unit.

spark

Reaction score
Key amp is wired in using a NetAudio ANC bypass harness and is mounted under the drives seat next to the ANC unit.
Last question, where did you pick up the signal for the sub, before or after the key? And if it was after did you have the sub hooked up and running during the key's auto dsp program?

Hustleman216

Reaction score
Pic of your setup?

I can upload under the seat pics later. I have no rattle or anything. The guy did a beyond excellent job. Everything still running off the factory radio

Attachments

• FF3CC567-09BD-4BB6-A8F1-B19AFFF0A472.jpeg
    FF3CC567-09BD-4BB6-A8F1-B19AFFF0A472.jpeg
    89.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 896B7936-1E63-40F6-BF27-8237307FCEE5.jpeg
    896B7936-1E63-40F6-BF27-8237307FCEE5.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:

Gozar

Reaction score
Last question, where did you pick up the signal for the sub, before or after the key? And if it was after did you have the sub hooked up and running during the key's auto dsp program?
It is picked up before the Keyamp and I ran the DSP setup before I bought the sub.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/