5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Stock Stereo Upgrade Options?

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
The only cheaper option is to hack your factory harness. Just get the amp pro v2 and be done. Yes you will need to unhook the factory sub.

Thanks, that is what I ordered, even though Crutchfield says it doesn't work with our trucks. Have a custom Frostbite box coming and Kicker 44KXA1200.1 amp to power 2 Kicker 12" L7t subs

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So has anybody with a BigHorn crew cab removed the rear seats? I found 3 what look to be release tabs at the top of the seats but they don’t move at all. I am trying to see where I can mount my amp board.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
So has anybody with a BigHorn crew cab removed the rear seats? I found 3 what look to be release tabs at the top of the seats but they don’t move at all. I am trying to see where I can mount my amp board.
Reach down behind the seats and feel for a string like loop. Pull that down and it will release the upper portion of the seat allowing it to move forward a bit. Your better off unbolting the seats from the base to access everything behind it. I found that much easier.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reach down behind the seats and feel for a string like loop. Pull that down and it will release the upper portion of the seat allowing it to move forward a bit. Your better off unbolting the seats from the base to access everything behind it. I found that much easier.
Is that the standard bolt and the star head bolt on the floor? I was planning on taking the seats out anyways since I have to modify them to fit the fox acoustics box.

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Is that the standard bolt and the star head bolt on the floor? I was planning on taking the seats out anyways since I have to modify them to fit the fox acoustics box.
Yes if I remember correctly. I also am running the fox acoustic box. Get a few extra packs of wide washers in case you want to shim the seat up a little further. Even with the provided spacers I couldn't recline my rear seats anymore without increasing the shim height.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes if I remember correctly. I also am running the fox acoustic box. Get a few extra packs of wide washers in case you want to shim the seat up a little further. Even with the provided spacers I couldn't recline my rear seats anymore without increasing the shim height.
I don’t think the BigHorn seats recline unless I haven’t figured it out yet lol. Of course I never sit back there so...

KRField

Reaction score

Big Horn’s do not have the ability of seat back release. The only way is to unbolt them. You can either shim them up or cut the seat back latch so it has clearance to release when the seat bottom is raised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RichInMN

Reaction score
Here's a picture of what to expect when you pull your seats.

There are metal stand-offs that hold wire clips, etc. - I screwed into those with self-tapping metal screws to hold my amp board, worked well for me.

1585229866186.png

1585229985500.png
1585230070279.png

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a picture of what to expect when you pull your seats.

There are metal stand-offs that hold wire clips, etc. - I screwed into those with self-tapping metal screws to hold my amp board, worked well for me.

View attachment 50470

View attachment 50471
View attachment 50472
How much room is there between the seat backs and the cab wall? I'll probably mount my board on the lower driver side, facing forward since nobody will see it, just a mono amp for my subs

RichInMN

Reaction score
How much room is there between the seat backs and the cab wall? I'll probably mount my board on the lower driver side, facing forward since nobody will see it, just a mono amp for my subs
There is a great deal of space, 5 3/4" at the bottom, and 5 1/4" towards the top... that is with the seat bottoms folded up (the seat back moves closer to the back wall by about an inch when folded up). Plenty of room for amps - I was even able to put a pair of skinny batteries behind the seat there was so much room.

702bboiazn

Reaction score
Yea there are so much room to work with once you take out the rear seats and carpet. I have my jl 500/1 v1 mounted right behind the driver side rear seat, also the back wall metal is very thin lol(thanks FCA), you’ll be able to drill holes through it in seconds with any kind of drill bit.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yea there are so much room to work with once you take out the rear seats and carpet. I have my jl 500/1 v1 mounted right behind the driver side rear seat, also the back wall metal is very thin lol(thanks FCA), you’ll be able to drill holes through it in seconds with any kind of drill bit.
Was thinking more liquid nails vs drilling into a brand new truck. I saw someone posted there were some plastic standoffs you could drill into as well, maybe I’ll go that route. Plan on tackling that tomorrow after I run the power cables.

702bboiazn

Reaction score
I also thought about liquid nails or Velcro tapes to mount the amp, but I don’t know how well it can hold up against that old school heavy amp when off roading, so I decided to drill holes instead.

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also thought about liquid nails or Velcro tapes to mount the amp, but I don’t know how well it can hold up against that old school heavy amp when off roading, so I decided to drill holes instead.
Yea I ended up drilling holes, just used silicone to seal them closed. Didn’t really see any other alternatives, I guess the poverty trim trucks don’t have the extra standoffs like I saw in some of the posts. Subs sound great though, pain in the *** somewhat but worth the hassle.

WRH

Reaction score
Did you end up using this? if so did you do any pics or have any advice
Yes, it took some work troubleshooting but very happy with it. I don't have a pic handy, but i mounted it under the passenger seat (and removed the ANC). If you have the low end stereo, the signals are not pre-amp and this is optional (the benefit is you can set timing/levels ect). If you have one of the upgraded stereo systems, you'll need this (or something like it) to process the pre-amp signals.

702bboiazn

Reaction score
Those are dynaudios! Pretty high end speakers! I also want to know what adapter plate you used.

Users who are viewing this thread