5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Stock Stereo Upgrade Options?

ST3500

Reaction score
I was thinking the factory sub could still play mid bass or something. I’ve never added additional subs so this is new to me.
You're thinking is right, you could use the factory sub as a mid bass, but you need to cut off its frequencies at the right point, and in order to do so you need a DSP.
But, in reality, your new subwoofer will be able to handle all those frequencies by itself...….
I'm not sure what cab configuration that you have, to my experience: all of the Ram's crew cabs that I owned have a tendency to over amplify the mid bass frequencies, simply by the nature of their geometrical design.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You're thinking is right, you could use the factory sub as a mid bass, but you need to cut off its frequencies at the right point, and in order to do so you need a DSP.
But, in reality, your new subwoofer will be able to handle all those frequencies by itself...….
I'm not sure what cab configuration that you have, to my experience: all of the Ram's crew cabs that I owned have a tendency to over amplify the mid bass frequencies, simply by the nature of their geometrical design.
Perfect! That all makes sense. Thanks!

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those with the fox acoustics vented box and crew cabs, where did you mount your amp? I don’t really want to drill into a brand new truck, I have a sheet of 3/4” mdf I could carpet and mount it to that but would it fit behind the seats? More importantly is there a way to anchor that without drilling into the cab?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those with the fox acoustics vented box and crew cabs, where did you mount your amp? I don’t really want to drill into a brand new truck, I have a sheet of 3/4” mdf I could carpet and mount it to that but would it fit behind the seats? More importantly is there a way to anchor that without drilling into the cab?
I used some liquid nails type adhesive and glued a board to the back wall. Plenty of room back there.

702bboiazn

Reaction score
Just finished up a helix PP82dsp integration in my 2019 ram rebel with ANC 6 speaker base system. It’s very easy to add an amp/DSP into the factory base system, all you need is the maestro Idata-link bch3 ANC bypass harness, then I cut the bch3 harness in half spliced and soldered the factory signal input into my my helix connector, then soldered the helix output into the other end of the bch3 connector, I also ran another set of speaker wires for the dash speakers so I have a 2 way active front. I have JBL GTO329 on the dash and JBL GTO939 in the front doors, after some cross over adjustment, simple time alignment, and REW EQ, the sound stage is high upfront in the windshield. Those Cheap JBL speakers sounded better than what I’ve expected! They are loud and clear, but still no where near audiophile level. Now with my windows rolled down I can hear my system from few houses away.

Attachments

• EC0962B7-0EF1-4C7E-97A5-AD2632700DF8.jpeg
    EC0962B7-0EF1-4C7E-97A5-AD2632700DF8.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 217
  • 618A2499-B39F-4859-94D1-607D596D83D7.jpeg
    618A2499-B39F-4859-94D1-607D596D83D7.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 219
  • E693F852-1EF2-47D7-BDC9-AFABA268FB78.jpeg
    E693F852-1EF2-47D7-BDC9-AFABA268FB78.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 216

Drago1978

Reaction score
Hey guys can you confirm for me the pac AmpPRO ch41 (R2) works with the 12” screen Harmon Kardon system?
im being told that the 12” screen has a different plug in the back then the other screens. So he suggested I go with the LC7i instead of the AmpPRO.
I was ready to order the AmpPRO since that’s what everyone’s recommend.
but just want to double check what everyone with 12” screens are using.
thanks for your help and input I really appreciate it.

Last edited:

ST3500

Reaction score
Hey guys can you confirm for me the pac AmpPRO ch41 (R2) works with the 12” screen Harmon Kardon system?
im being told that the 12” screen has a different plug in the back then the other screens. So he suggested I go with the LC7i instead of the AmpPRO.

12" screen HK system here, and I confirm that the PAC AmpPro AP4-CH41 (R.2) does work with the 12" screen.

Drago1978

Reaction score
12" screen HK system here, and I confirm that the PAC AmpPro AP4-CH41 (R.2) does work with the 12" screen.
Awesome thank you I’m going to order the pac AmpPRO today definitely sounds like the best optio.
thanks again

Hockeygod1225

Reaction score
Worked fine for me.

bkawasakiyee

Reaction score
Here's where I ended up putting the AmpPro bass control knob. Below the steering column out of sight. I wanted to keep the interior as 'factory' as possible.

Attachments

• IMG-2445.jpg
    IMG-2445.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG-2446.jpg
    IMG-2446.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 170

RC_Racer88

Reaction score
SO, I have read a lot of this thread and am a little confused. I am wanting to add an amp and sub woofer to my 2019 Laramie with Alpine system. I already have the anc bypass harness from LLJ customs.

1) Seems like I need to use the Pac AmpPro 4 AP4-CH41, are there any other options that are cheaper that will sound good?

2) I asume I need to unhook the factory sub so I don't get conflicting sound?

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SO, I have read a lot of this thread and am a little confused. I am wanting to add an amp and sub woofer to my 2019 Laramie with Alpine system. I already have the anc bypass harness from LLJ customs.

1) Seems like I need to use the Pac AmpPro 4 AP4-CH41, are there any other options that are cheaper that will sound good?

2) I asume I need to unhook the factory sub so I don't get conflicting sound?
The only cheaper option is to hack your factory harness. Just get the amp pro v2 and be done. Yes you will need to unhook the factory sub.

Users who are viewing this thread