5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Stock Stereo Upgrade Options?

rah6887

Reaction score
Anyone with experience using one of the NetAudio harnesses to add an amp to the base system willing to post a picture of the connection under the seat? Thanks!
Very easy to hook up, straight forward.
I ordered the one with the LOC pre-wired. 20200302_132407.jpg

spike2c

Reaction score
I found the product I will use to being the upgrade process. This allows you to keep the factory deck, but adds a ton of advanced features we wouldn't have otherwise (like timing). This also explains why upgrading modern systems is so complicated.

For the 2019 Dodge Ram (which is supported... many vendors don't know this yet but I spoke with Maestro directly), we need the ACH4 Harness.

Did you end up using this? if so did you do any pics or have any advice

ST3500

Reaction score
This afternoon I've started to install the latest model of "Focal FLAX EVO PS 165 FE"
The pictures below are under progress, basically I'm taking my time to fit all the components to an optimum location.

IMG_2073.JPG

And the door panel fits nicely
IMG_2077.JPG

I can't believe how perfectly the tweeter fits on the factory mounting trim panel without modifying nothing !! Looks like it was made for it.
IMG_2075.JPG

Moparian

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ok so I have the base 6 speaker with ANC, I ordered the ANC-CH01 bypass harness already. Planning on adding 2 10" subs in a Fox Acoustics box with a mono amp..... obviously I will need a LOC which is fine so I guess my question would be which wires on the bypass harness do I tap the LOC into and which wire is used to for the remote turn on for the amp? I can't see spending $95+shipping for a $20 harness and $15 LOC when I can do it myself.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Ok so I have the base 6 speaker with ANC, I ordered the ANC-CH01 bypass harness already. Planning on adding 2 10" subs in a Fox Acoustics box with a mono amp..... obviously I will need a LOC which is fine so I guess my question would be which wires on the bypass harness do I tap the LOC into and which wire is used to for the remote turn on for the amp? I can't see spending $95+shipping for a $20 harness and $15 LOC when I can do it myself.

see attached pic, shout out to @RichInMN You will use the white plug from the anc, into your pac harness, then you only need the wires that are highlighted in the pic for your LOC. The rest you can wrap up, cut short, etc. You can then plug the other white plug from the Pac into your anc

Attachments

• 1EF9D45C-A25E-45F0-B7AB-9CB92A9D9537.png
    1EF9D45C-A25E-45F0-B7AB-9CB92A9D9537.png
    72.7 KB · Views: 146

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Just received my Wavtech link2 loc, and was wanting to know which wires in the B pillar are for the rear door speakers, Anybody have a wiring schematic handy?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just received my Wavtech link2 loc, and was wanting to know which wires in the B pillar are for the rear door speakers, Anybody have a wiring schematic handy?

These aren’t of the b pillar but of the front sidewalls, drivers and passengers, in the event you want to install the LOC either up front or under one of the seats and either don’t have an ANC or would prefer not to mess with it. I am not sure offhand about b pillar wiring. I thought I saw someone with a schematic. I’ll look for it. But in the meantime I thought this might be useful. Shout out to @lrobbi who put these pics and comments together.

Passenger side = the wires are on the side wall by your right foot. VERY easy to get to.

Drivers side = the wires are by your left foot - but its easier to get them as they lay in the wire TUNNEL.

in both cases you will have to remove the factory black wire tape that protects it.

Drivers side is first pic, passenger side is second pic

Attachments

• E963CBD2-BF2C-4413-AB16-5D63D6E7FCB6.jpeg
    E963CBD2-BF2C-4413-AB16-5D63D6E7FCB6.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 144
  • 2780B6CD-220D-449F-B8C3-3F7FD36C7168.jpeg
    2780B6CD-220D-449F-B8C3-3F7FD36C7168.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:

Dep668

Reaction score
This afternoon I've started to install the latest model of "Focal FLAX EVO PS 165 FE"
The pictures below are under progress, basically I'm taking my time to fit all the components to an optimum location.

View attachment 48648

And the door panel fits nicely
View attachment 48649

I can't believe how perfectly the tweeter fits on the factory mounting trim panel without modifying nothing !! Looks like it was made for it.
View attachment 48650

Sweet. Looks good. What panel is that?

I picked up a Focal K2 Power 165 kit for my Ram 1500, still deciding on where to put the tweeter. Are you doing any sound deadening?

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Change in subwoofer box design thanks to the 5thgen Ram Facebook group. Building it tomorrow.

60ba6503fd8b5f6eac1f7abc31b25706.jpg
e503b1b85dd38b1ffebe11799ac3ef35.jpg

Dep668

Reaction score
Change in subwoofer box design thanks to the 5thgen Ram Facebook group. Building it tomorrow.

60ba6503fd8b5f6eac1f7abc31b25706.jpg
e503b1b85dd38b1ffebe11799ac3ef35.jpg

What do you plan on putting in there? I am going to build a ported enclosure. But i would of loved to not have to trim my Ram mats, and keep it inside of the enclosure. But not enough volume. Deciding on a JL 12" TW3 or Sundown 10" SD4. Torn.

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What do you plan on putting in there? I am going to build a ported enclosure. But i would of loved to not have to trim my Ram mats, and keep it inside of the enclosure. But not enough volume. Deciding on a JL 12" TW3 or Sundown 10" SD4. Torn.

I have a 10 pioneer low profile sub. I’ve had it in my passed few trucks in a 0.3 cubic foot box and sounded great. The new box I’m building I’m targeting 0.35-0.4.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Thanks for those pics.
I dont have ANC so I dont have to worry with bypassing it.
I did find this, I cant tell from the first pic for the drivers side but the wires he tapped into look to be a different color combo than this schematic.
Mines a 2020, I may take the trim off my B-pillar tomorrow and see if I can find the wires that match this wiring schematic.

Attachments

• AUDIO-SYSTEM---BASE.pdf
    320.6 KB · Views: 59

ST3500

Reaction score
Sweet. Looks good. What panel is that?

I picked up a Focal K2 Power 165 kit for my Ram 1500, still deciding on where to put the tweeter. Are you doing any sound deadening?

It is the front passenger door as well as the tweeter panel that mounts on the same door (is that what you were asking ?).
I'm not doing any sound deadening.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
For the few folks who may just want to add amplifier.... Here are the pics of where I connected to get a line audio "IN" line to the amplifier. Again, No ANC issues what so ever.
Drivers Side.... kick panel removal and the wires are located there, gently pull off the black OEM tape and go through the big bundle of wires twisted together you will find the Dark Grey wire with Yellow stripe (+) and the Grey wire with Purple stripe (-) Splice into those... you have your left signal.

Passanger Side... Kick panel removal - as you go up the wall sits a wire harness... patch right into the twisted Dark Green with Yellow stripe (+) and next is the Dark Green with Purple stripe (-) ... done deal.

Run those under the carpet neatly and on to your Amplifier..

View attachment 15509 View attachment 15510
Do you think the color combo for the speaker wires will be the same on the 2020 bighorns with no anc 6 speaker system?

ST3500

Reaction score
Thanks!
Will polarity matter when hooking up a LOC for just one sub?

Yes it matters, just follow the LOC instructions, you already have all the color codes and their respective polarity in hand (unless you're color blind, even if you were you can then use the pin numbers).
It's not that difficult. Just take your time to do it right.

Users who are viewing this thread