5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
If only I can figure out how to raise the light bar 1/4" to 3/8" and she'll be centered. I think I'm going to modify the horizontal shifts & Grins mounting bracket slots as not to mess with the light bar mounting slots as I will have to drill a hole below the 2 slots to align with the 2nd light bar mounting hole in the location shown. I've racked my brain for an hour and can think of a better idea. Would have been much easier with a single bolt mount for the light bar. Stay tuned.
20240113_131651.jpg 20240113_132610.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If only I can figure out how to raise the light bar 1/4" to 3/8" and she'll be centered. I think I'm going to modify the horizontal shifts & Grins mounting bracket slots as not to mess with the light bar mounting slots as I will have to drill a hole below the 2 slots to align with the 2nd light bar mounting hole in the location shown. I've racked my brain for an hour and can think of a better idea. Would have been much easier with a single bolt mount for the light bar. Stay tuned.
View attachment 174500 View attachment 174501
appearance wise it would be perfect but I would bet the light out put won’t be affected or obstructed with how it sits currently.

Also a thing to keep in mind is once you have the bar on u will need to find out the perfect angle for the light to throw.. I’m sure you’ve thought of this already BUT if you just make the hole and mount it with out testing you might have the bar angled to high or low and need to drill another hole to account for that. Hopefully my explanation is being received correctly.

Over all I’m definitely getting a double row!

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally centered after some fabrication!! Now the trick of putting the grille in with the light bar in place. Not a lot of room to work.
View attachment 174506
Maybe too late but I watched an install video where the guy did the same thing. Then had to remove the light to install the lower grill and then reinstall the light. But it looks good man! Nice work!

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
All installed finally! I put a slot in the bumper mounting slots to raise the light bar 1/4" and is spot on. Also slotted to bottom light bar mounting hole instead and of just a hole to account for some rotation to adjust the light. I was able to leave 1 bolt in the light bar and rotate it to be able to get the grille in without taking the light bar down. I also took my hooks out and am able to get into the side of the light rather easily to put in the second bolt on each side as well as make adjustments. Tomorrow I will run the wiring and mount the switch. That should be the eazy part, lol.

I will say that this install was a real PITA!!! But it appears to be right where I want it so it was worth the time it took. Will post some pictures of the light output tomorrow. Time for some bourbon and some football!
20240113_194449.jpg

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
All installed finally! I put a slot in the bumper mounting slots to raise the light bar 1/4" and is spot on. Also slotted to bottom light bar mounting hole instead and of just a hole to account for some rotation to adjust the light. I was able to leave 1 bolt in the light bar and rotate it to be able to get the grille in without taking the light bar down. I also took my hooks out and am able to get into the side of the light rather easily to put in the second bolt on each side as well as make adjustments. Tomorrow I will run the wiring and mount the switch. That should be the eazy part, lol.

I will say that this install was a real PITA!!! But it appears to be right where I want it so it was worth the time it took. Will post some pictures of the light output tomorrow. Time for some bourbon and some football!
View attachment 174512
Great job brother! Glad to hear you didn’t have to fully pull the light back out to install the grille. It looks awesome.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 174512
Came out nice!!

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Great job brother! Glad to hear you didn’t have to fully pull the light back out to install the grille. It looks awesome.
Thanks. it took be a bit to figure out the easiest way without being a contortionist to get it done the way I wanted, but it worked out. I was very pleased with the accessibility to the bolts on the light bar after taking the tow hooks out. Will make adjusting the light very easy. I just can't wait to see what 300 watts and 33,000 lumens looks like at night! Will have those pictures tomorrow night.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. it took be a bit to figure out the easiest way without being a contortionist to get it done the way I wanted, but it worked out. I was very pleased with the accessibility to the bolts on the light bar after taking the tow hooks out. Will make adjusting the light very easy. I just can't wait to see what 300 watts and 33,000 lumens looks like at night! Will have those pictures tomorrow night.
Can’t wait to see the final result and light output! Def something I might need to do come spring. I’m digging the dual row. Does it have running light capability?

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
Finally finished up this morning with the install. Waiting for night to fall to some night time pictures. I went through the firewall through the little nipple just to the right of the wire harness. Thank God for a 12" filet knife to cut the end off! Another tight PITA spot. Overall with some patience that I normally don't have, it came out great. Will put up some night pictures later. Screenshot_20240114_112755_Gallery.jpg 20240114_112421.jpg 20240114_123643.jpg SmartSelect_20240114_124008_Gallery.jpg

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Finally finished up this morning with the install. Waiting for night to fall to some night time pictures. I went through the firewall through the little nipple just to the right of the wire harness. Thank God for a 12" filet knife to cut the end off! Another tight PITA spot. Overall with some patience that I normally don't have, it came out great. Will put up some night pictures later. View attachment 174538 View attachment 174539 View attachment 174540 View attachment 174541
Job well done and great documentation!

bushman77

Reaction score
I was impressed with the first pic 🙃 my halogen lights are so bad. Looks good and thanks for documenting all of it.
I put in my order for the shifts and grins brackets with the 30inch from DD so hopefully it performs well.

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
My buddy put a M and R single row light bar in his Chevy, and it doesn't even belong in the same area code as what I just installed. It was not cheap by any means, I guess you get what you pay for. I am extremely pleased with the result.

Users who are viewing this thread