5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5th Gen Ram 1500 30" Light Bar Bracket Set

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My buddy put a M and R single row light bar in his Chevy, and it doesn't even belong in the same area code as what I just installed. It was not cheap by any means, I guess you get what you pay for. I am extremely pleased with the result.
$600+ seems like money well spent! Do they have lenses to change the light to amber or yellow?

2Fast-4U

Reaction score
That looks good how hard is it to get the lower grill out my wife broke ours need to replace it.
It was fairly simple as 1BADRAMLIMITED stated. I have the active air dam and all I did was take the 4 screws out that hold the dam itself and it made it easier.

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Liquid Li0n

Reaction score
It was fairly simple as 1BADRAMLIMITED stated. I have the active air dam and all I did was take the 4 screws out that hold the dam itself and it made it easier.
same here, by taking the airdam off the car, you can freely move under it.

I am still happy with my single row (or have to be) but if I knew it before, I would for sure have gone with a double row light bar.
So that's why I am waiting on those front tow hook brackets that @Shifts And Grins Fab hopefully develop soon so that I can put extra lights on it.
As I am not a fan of A pillar lights on a Limited trim Ram.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Are there any concerns about heat being put off by the bar heating up the parking sensors too much? That's my only hesitation with going with a 30".
We have run ours a ton. We even ran them with the truck at various angles with no parking sensor or light issues...... kind of kidding......but seriously no issues. We have also sold over a thousand of these kits and or brackets with zero issues being reported about the sensors. Early on there were alignment issues with trims but we updated the brackets to accommodate all of the trims.
IMG_3957.jpeg

Belvedere

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We have run ours a ton. We even ran them with the truck at various angles with no parking sensor or light issues...... kind of kidding......but seriously no issues. We have also sold over a thousand of these kits and or brackets with zero issues being reported about the sensors. Early on there were alignment issues with trims but we updated the brackets to accommodate all of the trims.
View attachment 174841
I'm cool just laying on my back for the install.

bushman77

Reaction score
Got everything installed. Since I was doing tow hooks at the same time, it was super easy to get the bolts into the ends of light bar by reaching through the void in the front of the bumper. Happy with everything so far.
Now to see how it performs in the dark and eventually replace these ugly halogen headlights
IMG_4910.jpeg IMG_4911.jpeg IMG_4908.jpeg

1923bob

Reaction score

bushman77

Reaction score
For those that aren’t using some sort of controller, where did you decide on mounting the switch? I just decided to go through the blank trailer brake controller. Didn’t need to take the radio out, just drill the hole, stick a fish tape through and reach up in and grab it to pull back through IMG_4928.jpeg IMG_4932.jpeg

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Got everything installed. Since I was doing tow hooks at the same time, it was super easy to get the bolts into the ends of light bar by reaching through the void in the front of the bumper. Happy with everything so far.
Now to see how it performs in the dark and eventually replace these ugly halogen headlights
View attachment 175500 View attachment 175501 View attachment 175502
If you're not a limited, we can help with headlights too. They are pretty awesome. They are available for all trims except TRX and Limited.

1923bob

Reaction score
For those that aren’t using some sort of controller, where did you decide on mounting the switch? I just decided to go through the blank trailer brake controller. Didn’t need to take the radio out, just drill the hole, stick a fish tape through and reach up in and grab it to pull back through View attachment 175577 View attachment 175578
Nice very clean.

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those that aren’t using some sort of controller, where did you decide on mounting the switch? I just decided to go through the blank trailer brake controller. Didn’t need to take the radio out, just drill the hole, stick a fish tape through and reach up in and grab it to pull back through View attachment 175577 View attachment 175578
Looks nice and clean. I’d be a little leery of drilling blindly into that spot with my 12” display. (And as an electrician, blind drilling is a no go.) But if I can see behind the info center like your last picture shows, I might feel more comfortable doing it. Plus it looks like with the right spacing, a few switches could be drilled there. Well done sir!

Users who are viewing this thread