5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Figured I'd make an Official Thread for our Integrated Winch Mount Kit for the 5th Gen 1500's. In my opinion one of the most functional upgrades you can bolt on your RAM truck. Be prepared whenever and wherever you are.

Building on what I learned designing our very popular 4th Gen Rebel Winch kits, this kit has so many handy features that make it fit and function like factory. Even better - its available for all new body style 1500's!

LRM_EXPORT_38609165856082_20190910_174745586.jpg
Above: 2019 RAM 1500 DT SPORT with a Smittybilt X20 12,000lbs Winch with a Clutch Relocation Kit, and our Sensor Grill Insert Plate

My favorite addition to the Integrated Winch Mount is the Clutch Relocation Kit. Accessing the clutch control on your hidden Smittybilt or Warn Winch has never been easier! With this kit, the winch's clutch handle is positioned directly beside the fairlead giving you rapid and safe access to the engage or disengage the clutch. this is currently available for the Warn VR EVO and Smittybilt X20 Winches.

IMG_20190724_185554.jpg
Above: 2019 RAM REBEL with a Smittybilt X20 12,000lbs Winch with a Clutch Relocation Kit, and our dual 8" LED Light Kit

Another NEW component included in the kit is the Hook Anchor. No longer worry about rattles and scratching the paint on your bumper by letting your winch hook dangle and flap around. Simply slid the hook over the securely mounted Anchor, and tension the line. Securely mounted, and easily accessed.

IMG_20190919_124520.jpg
Above: 2019 RAM REBEL with a Smittybilt X20 12,000lbs Winch with a Clutch Relocation Kit, and our Sensor Grill Insert Plate

There are three options for Grill Inserts. Each made from stainless steel and powdercoated black to match the bumper.
  1. LED Light Kit - Cleanly position two 8” SD Single Row Light-bars , each packing 3000 lumens, beside your winch fairlead. Also included is a complete pre-wired harness with switch.
  2. Sensor Version - Retain the use of your factory front parking sensors!
  3. Blank - For those who don’t require the additional lights, or parking sensors.
I filmed an installation video which I'll post up once I've finished editing. Written installation instructions are on my website at the following links:

2019 RAM Rebel - https://www.vicedesign.ca/collectio...ts/ram-rebel-2019-2020-integrated-winch-mount
2019 RAM 1500 DT - https://www.vicedesign.ca/collectio...ducts/ram-1500-dt-2019-2020-hidden-winch-moun

You can also check out my shop and behind the scenes action if you're on the gram @vice.design

Post up your 5th Gen with our Winch Kit, post Tips and Tricks you found when installing yours, and ask Questions. Ill do my best to answer them.
-Quinton

Last edited:

VICE design

Trusted RAM Truck Adventure Gear
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
@VICE design I’m ready to receive you into my life lol. I went ahead and did the wiring for the winch too so I could test it.
View attachment 37086

Right on! You could even go ahead and clock the winch and mount the control pack. For the control pack - I'd mount it on the side opposite the clutch lever - I've never had luck with thier brackets that mount in the middle. Keen to see it in action!

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Right on! You could even go ahead and clock the winch and mount the control pack. For the control pack - I'd mount it on the side opposite the clutch lever - I've never had luck with thier brackets that mount in the middle. Keen to see it in action!

Yeah, I already mounted the control pack on the opposite end of the clutch.

Clocking it is only if I have the clutch relocation kit, correct?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I’ll get better pics later. Just got done buttoning it up and cleaning the garage.

Quality is top notch and truly bolt-on. Minus the section you have to cut (I used a dremel).

Only thing I would like to see addressed is the parking sensor holes. They are slightly too big for the oem bracket to clip in securely. I used a bead of liquid nails to seal and secure.

0A9D2629-C572-4467-A328-0F53C5C40797.jpeg
F72A4F03-0622-454E-B895-F1D85E624629.jpeg
2FF87648-905D-4508-B962-346DE7A7D6C3.jpeg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Nicely done, will wait to hear your thoughts upon first try out.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Went and re-spooled the line under tension. Then after some other outdoor activities I went home and checked my TQ on the bolts. Only ones that seemed to need it were the tow stud bolts, but check them all to be safe.

Very happy with the setup.

4258050C-C046-48F8-85FF-D326869A62B7.jpeg
6F979361-AC9F-4C4D-B0D7-E9DC35459BF3.jpeg

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Question please how hard was it to re install bumper without removing panels under headlights?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Question please how hard was it to re install bumper without removing panels under headlights?

I taped the hell out of the panels. Probably like 6 layers. Tape them half way up the panel.
This install really does require two people when it comes to fitting the mount and bumper.

If you try to do it alone the risk of something bad happening goes up exponentially. The mount/winch probably weighs ~140 pounds.

I used a floor jack, 2x4s, and ratcheting straps.
I didn’t take many photos, sorry. I ended up taping higher up on the panels before trying to fit my bumper.
My truck is ~4” higher than stock in the front. I also already had the air dam off the truck (their instructions don’t go over that).

The pic does not show the ratcheting straps.
2D82B2C3-F669-4422-8C90-29A471FDDC90.jpeg
F9D6106A-058D-443B-9F3F-637D04E35285.jpeg

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
@VICE design your market for the hidden winch is the same market that’s looking for decent skid plates and rock sliders.

I would replace my OEM skid plates with something of your quality and design. At the least a skid plate to protect the winch would be awesome.

Winch skid plate and rock sliders would be priority for me. Please consider.

These trucks aren’t rock crawlers, but some of us use these trucks for more than commuting and the mall.

Last edited:

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
@VICE design your market for the hidden winch is the same market that’s looking for decent skid plates and rock sliders.

I would replace my OEM skid plates with something of your quality and design. At the least a skid plate to protect the winch would be awesome.

Winch skid plate and rock sliders would be priority for me. Please consider.

These trucks aren’t rock crawlers, but some of us use these trucks for more than commuting and the mall.
I’ll second that!!

Leney

Reaction score
Could someone post a picture of the bracket that is installed to hold the winch? On and off the truck? Maybe even picture of the winch bolted up but before the bumper goes back on.
Thanks.

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Could someone post a picture of the bracket that is installed to hold the winch? On and off the truck? Maybe even picture of the winch bolted up but before the bumper goes back on.
Thanks.

What exactly are you trying to see? I can snap pics of it from under the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread