5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" readylift questions

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Profile Pic
5cfc2cfdf4260a0188086622c3b73efd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so that's just the readylift 3.5 on 35s? nothing else? front looks lower to me than mine, maybe I need glasses, looks perfect

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Nothing else. I think the big difference between ours is that in our side profile pics your nose is at the top of the grade and mine is at the bottom. Probably makes it appear more level.

Roddog2220

Reaction score
Nothing else. I think the big difference between ours is that in our side profile pics your nose is at the top of the grade and mine is at the bottom. Probably makes it appear more level.

what was your gas mileage diff after lift and or tires?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
what was your gas mileage diff after lift and or tires?

I wish I knew. Only had the truck for less than a week before Lift and Tires went on. I normally get horrible gas mileage anyway. My “commute” to work is a mile and a half and I tend to drive like a teenage girl. Either All Gas or All Brakes. Although I am getting better.

WyattS42

Reaction score
Does your truck have the off-road package? I don’t see the decals but you may have removed them if you didn’t like the look.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Does your truck have the off-road package? I don’t see the decals but you may have removed them if you didn’t like the look.

If you are asking about mine it does not have the Off-Road package.

UniHorn

Reaction score
Hi. I am currently building my try k at the dealership and want to add the readylift to my truck once it’s built. Dealer won’t do it. But my question is will the readylift kit still work if I have the “off road package” which lifts the truck 1” via HD shocks? Would this put me at 4.5”? Which would obviously not work. I really want to add the mopar 2” lift instead so I get the fox shocks. But again will that 2” mopar not work in conjunction with the readylift 3.5”? Thank you for your help

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi. I am currently building my try k at the dealership and want to add the readylift to my truck once it’s built. Dealer won’t do it. But my question is will the readylift kit still work if I have the “off road package” which lifts the truck 1” via HD shocks? Would this put me at 4.5”? Which would obviously not work. I really want to add the mopar 2” lift instead so I get the fox shocks. But again will that 2” mopar not work in conjunction with the readylift 3.5”? Thank you for your help
Neither kit will work. The Readylift would put you at 4.5" of lift and is the reason some people are having trouble. You could add the Mopar lift, but it would only net you 1" of lift because it would replace the offroad shocks. You could order the Readylift 3.5" kit and use everything but the preload spaer. That would net you 2" front and back on top of the 1" from the offroad package, but you would still have the factory rake. The other option would be just to level the front of the truck and leave the rear as is.

Last edited:

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^^. Listen to this man as he is knowledgeable when it comes to these. :)

UniHorn

Reaction score
That actually helps a lot. Thank you. One last question if you don’t mind. I’ve noticed on eBay I can get spacers anywhere from 1/2” - 2”. Can I do the mopar 2” kit and add a 1-1/2” spacer to equal 3.5 like the readylift?
I’m starting to think I should just get a plain Laramie either 2wd or 4wd and just use the readylift or rough country 3.5 and call it a day. I’m sure in the future I can get bilsteins or some other superior shock to replace the stock ones. The idea of using a factory lift like the Offroad package or mopar lift seems to be kind of a hassle to try and stretch it to the full 3.5” max.
Either that or go with the 2wd and get a CST 4.5” lift spindle. Sounds like that’s the easiest and cheapest way to get a aggressive stance to clear 35” tires.

Dontfront82

Reaction score
That actually helps a lot. Thank you. One last question if you don’t mind. I’ve noticed on eBay I can get spacers anywhere from 1/2” - 2”. Can I do the mopar 2” kit and add a 1-1/2” spacer to equal 3.5 like the readylift?
I’m starting to think I should just get a plain Laramie either 2wd or 4wd and just use the readylift or rough country 3.5 and call it a day. I’m sure in the future I can get bilsteins or some other superior shock to replace the stock ones. The idea of using a factory lift like the Offroad package or mopar lift seems to be kind of a hassle to try and stretch it to the full 3.5” max.
Either that or go with the 2wd and get a CST 4.5” lift spindle. Sounds like that’s the easiest and cheapest way to get a aggressive stance to clear 35” tires.

If u can get the dealer to pay for the lift like I did before u sign do it and get the 3.5 lift.
It'll be under warranty and looks badass. Rides good
If not..

Wait till a actual lift comes out with no spacers.

I have the offraod package with a a 3.5 lift r.c.
I love the kit/look but I'm having some issues as u can read on my post

UniHorn

Reaction score
Why couldn’t you use a aftermarket1” Preload spacer off eBay instead of the 2” preload that comes with the RL SST 3.5 kit? If you have 1” Offroad package and 1.5” strut extension/spacer with UCA from the kit then swap out the 2” preload spacer for a 1” that gives you the full max 3.5”. ???

ptrnfan

Reaction score
Is there a reason, other than cost, nobody is going Icon Vehicle Dynamics or King for their lift?

I had an Icon lift on my FJ Cruiser and man that suspension was stout and smooth.

PinchePerros

Reaction score
Can someone please send a long to the kit, I wanna make sure I’m looking at the right stuff...thanks ahead of time

Users who are viewing this thread