5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" readylift questions

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
Does anyone know how y’all the tallest part of your truck is after the 3.5” lift. I do have the crew Cab Long bed so my truck is already a little lower. But I just want to make sure i fit in my 7ft garage. I had a 2007 RAM 1500 with a 6” lift that wouldn’t fit and I’m not doing that again this winter. Lol

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone know how y’all the tallest part of your truck is after the 3.5” lift. I do have the crew Cab Long bed so my truck is already a little lower. But I just want to make sure i fit in my 7ft garage. I had a 2007 RAM 1500 with a 6” lift that wouldn’t fit and I’m not doing that again this winter. Lol
Not totally sure but may be able to figure out. What size tires will you be running?

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Trevor Stevenson. I am an Engineer at ReadyLIFT Suspension and I just wanted to make myself available to any questions you may have. I will touch on two things real quick; ReadyLIFT has a partnership with Autonation Delarships in there "Auto Gear" program. These kits get preloaded to vehicles everyday with no warranty issue.

I've had this kit on my personal truck since April with Zero issues, CV boots are happy and healthy. Bgmshrm is correct, we've limited the lift to a 3.5" to insure there isn't any issues CV, ball joints, tie rods and driveline.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions, comments, concerns or requests.

So no warranty worry's? I got the extended warranty just don't want to put myself in a bad spot with a new truck with a void warranty.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Trevor Stevenson. I am an Engineer at ReadyLIFT Suspension and I just wanted to make myself available to any questions you may have. I will touch on two things real quick; ReadyLIFT has a partnership with Autonation Delarships in there "Auto Gear" program. These kits get preloaded to vehicles everyday with no warranty issue.

I've had this kit on my personal truck since April with Zero issues, CV boots are happy and healthy. Bgmshrm is correct, we've limited the lift to a 3.5" to insure there isn't any issues CV, ball joints, tie rods and driveline.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions, comments, concerns or requests.
Welcome and I for one would love to see your “ personal “vehicle with this lift as well as info on your choice of wheels and tires please. :)

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
So no warranty worry's? I got the extended warranty just don't want to put myself in a bad spot with a new truck with a void warranty.
I would not worry, I would still highly recommend talking to your dealership about it if you have any concerns. I stated to another member that under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.
I’ve brought my truck in several times to the dealership without issue.

The good thing is that these lifts are not a permanent modification so it’s to debate if you were to have any issues. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome and I for one would love to see your “ personal “vehicle with this lift as well as info on your choice of wheels and tires please. :)
Of course! I’ve gone through three wheel and tire packages.
So, I’ve had 20x10 -18 Offset with 305/55r20 Nitto Ridgegrapplers, 20x9 0 Offsett with 305/55r20 Nitto Ridgegrapplers and most recent 20x9 0 Offsett with 35/12.50r20 Nitto Ridgegrapplers 1F1F5F08-32D4-4595-BAB2-1302B892C674.jpeg 11FE3F41-5F82-450C-9B16-B6D7A9FB6665.jpeg DA6632A2-5B75-4721-BC71-A8CE19152581.jpeg C7B2E9FA-EA0B-43D1-A6B8-2B58FFD28912.jpeg 640257E0-771C-4373-8530-4B98335FFCF5.jpeg

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Thank you kindly for sharing the photos and the information. :)

JonR88

Reaction score
Can I use my factory 20 inch wheels with the 3.5 inch Readylift kit?

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Getting my 3.5 inch ReadyLift kit installed as we speak. Also going with 35x12.5R20 Ridge Grapplers on stock rims. I have seen some people say that it might rub on the UCA. Do you think there will be any issues? If so, will 0 offset be enough or should I go -12 or -18? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Getting my 3.5 inch ReadyLift kit installed as we speak. Also going with 35x12.5R20 Ridge Grapplers on stock rims. I have seen some people say that it might rub on the UCA. Do you think there will be any issues? If so, will 0 offset be enough or should I go -12 or -18? Thanks.

0 offset I believe is what Readylift recommended.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

If you plan on running factory wheels you're gonna have to sacrifice tire size. if you run a 20x9 0 or +18 Offset wheel with 35x12.50 you will be right as rain. Anything negative you'll have to run a smaller diameter tire.

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
If you plan on running factory wheels you're gonna have to sacrifice tire size. if you run a 20x9 0 or +18 Offset wheel with 35x12.50 you will be right as rain. Anything negative you'll have to run a smaller diameter tire.

Just so I understand. Aren’t the factory wheels 20x9 +18. So will I be good with OEM 20’s and 35x12.5R20 Nitto RG’s with the ReadyLift Kit?

Edit: Actually on with the dealer now and they are telling me that they are rubbing and they were going to look for a spacer kit. Sooo....looks like I might be looking for new wheels if I want to keep those tires.

Last edited:

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just so I understand. Aren’t the factory wheels 20x9 +18. So will I be good with OEM 20’s and 35x12.5R20 Nitto RG’s with the ReadyLift Kit?

Factory wheels are +19

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
So we are talking like a millimeter difference? I forgot to ask where it is rubbing but it sound like on the inside since I need to go out. So I guess I should be looking at 0 offset then.

Agitated

Reaction score
A 0 offset will still keep the tires under the fender lip, right at the edge. The factory wheel offset may cause tire rubbing and will be more sunk in. A negative offset will have your tires sticking out and look...well, I guess to each his own. But that look is a bit trashy for my tastes. If you like your factory wheels, just use 1" wheel spacers. I considered it but I don't like the hassle of wheel spacers. As much as they are, I wouldn't recommend you buy spacers and then in two weeks buy new wheels. Wasted money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online