5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" readylift questions

illucid

Reaction score
I see a lot of guys are doing the 3.5" readylift kit and I'm just wondering how bad the CV angles look after installed. I know on the 4th gen most people stayed under 2.5" for level kits and most didnt go bigger unless it was a true lift kit. Also will this void my extended warranty and is it better to just go with the 2" mopar kit? IMG_20181019_164625_655.jpg

Agitated

Reaction score
I believe the shaft angles to be acceptable but I also would not want any more than this. Any higher lift is going to require bracketry and spacing the center section down.
I think you already know the answer to the warranty question.

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
^^^. Any updates as to your install and the effects of it ?

Troop2865

Reaction score
I have seen many dealers install the same lift and sell as a package truck. I guarantee they are going to warranty the truck if they installed the kit. I believe the dealers have a great deal of say on what is covered and what is not.

bravo1

Reaction score
Yep concur,it is just a matter of time before MOPAR comes out with a cradle drop 4 inch lift,but I can guarentee it will be 1800-2000 dallor range,just like the 4th gen lift was from MOPAR,I managed to get a kit for my 4th gen for 1289.00 dallors on a close out..

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Trevor Stevenson. I am an Engineer at ReadyLIFT Suspension and I just wanted to make myself available to any questions you may have. I will touch on two things real quick; ReadyLIFT has a partnership with Autonation Delarships in there "Auto Gear" program. These kits get preloaded to vehicles everyday with no warranty issue.

I've had this kit on my personal truck since April with Zero issues, CV boots are happy and healthy. Bgmshrm is correct, we've limited the lift to a 3.5" to insure there isn't any issues CV, ball joints, tie rods and driveline.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions, comments, concerns or requests.

jmpow79`

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Trevor Stevenson. I am an Engineer at ReadyLIFT Suspension and I just wanted to make myself available to any questions you may have. I will touch on two things real quick; ReadyLIFT has a partnership with Autonation Delarships in there "Auto Gear" program. These kits get preloaded to vehicles everyday with no warranty issue.

I've had this kit on my personal truck since April with Zero issues, CV boots are happy and healthy. Bgmshrm is correct, we've limited the lift to a 3.5" to insure there isn't any issues CV, ball joints, tie rods and driveline.

Will this lift work with a 35x12.50 20x10 wheel with 18 offset?

JonR88

Reaction score
Hi All,

Let me ask this question, if I ever plan on going off road (mild trails) should I consider longer brake lines and shocks?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
Hi All,

Would a non-Autonation dealer warranty this or a suspension related issue? More importantly if the warranty claim made its way up to FCA for approval would they warranty a suspension related issue knowing there is a ReadyLIFT kit on it?

Agitated

Reaction score
You wont need longer brake lines unless you install longer shocks. Which for the front I wouldn’t recommend or you will put the ball joints and cv shafts in a bind. Probably could in the rear but no need unless you are going to rock crawl. I do wish there was a shock extender bracket for the rear shocks though.

JDiMassa8

Reaction score
3.5 lift, kicks asss! Looks good and rides good. I got the rough country.

Here is my truck on 22x9 stocks on 35x12.5r22 tires. Zero rubbing issues. No cutting or trimming.:cool:
How tal is the highest point on your truck? I want to make sure I fit in my garage still. I definitely don’t want it to sit out like I had to do with my old ram that was lifted 6inches and 35s. Lol

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Would a non-Autonation dealer warranty this or a suspension related issue? More importantly if the warranty claim made its way up to FCA for approval would they warranty a suspension related issue knowing there is a ReadyLIFT kit on it?
I can’t say for sure, but we’ve done a lot of work for a local dealership and there hasn’t been an issue. In fact, that’s were I take my truck. I will add that my truck has had issues that were elevated to RAM customer care too with no mention to the lift.

Plus, all ReadyLIFT Suspension kits come with ready guard, our warranty program. If the product is the main reason for a failure, or damage to your vehicle, ReadyLIFT will make it right.

I hope that helps.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Let me ask this question, if I ever plan on going off road (mild trails) should I consider longer brake lines and shocks?
Like Agitated stated , you won’t need longer brake lines. The factory strut is the limiting factory on the front suspension. Meaning, the overall length of the shock keep all the other components happy, and with in the factory working abilities.

Agitated

Reaction score
Since the rear uses a spring spacer and doesn't move the shock location down like the front, I feel the rear shock is now too short for anything other than pavement. A shock extender bracket would be the perfect fix for this, any chance Readylift will make one?

AnthonyD1978

Reaction score
I can’t say for sure, but we’ve done a lot of work for a local dealership and there hasn’t been an issue. In fact, that’s were I take my truck. I will add that my truck has had issues that were elevated to RAM customer care too with no mention to the lift.

Plus, all ReadyLIFT Suspension kits come with ready guard, our warranty program. If the product is the main reason for a failure, or damage to your vehicle, ReadyLIFT will make it right.

I hope that helps.

I appreciate the response, but I'll take that as a no.

What are your thoughts on adding just your front 2" leveling spacer to a truck that already has a Mopar 2" lift with Mopar UCA? Anything to be concerned about in regards to suspension/axle geometry?

Thanks.

Tstevenson325

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
I appreciate the response, but I'll take that as a no.

What are your thoughts on adding just your front 2" leveling spacer to a truck that already has a Mopar 2" lift with Mopar UCA? Anything to be concerned about in regards to suspension/axle geometry?

Thanks.
It's Definitely not a no, I would highly recommend talking to your dealership about it if you have any concerns, because some can be stingy. Under the Magnuson-Moss Act, a dealer must prove, not just vocalize, that aftermarket equipment caused the need for repairs before it can deny warranty coverage. If the dealer cannot prove such a claim — or it proffers a questionable explanation — it is your legal right to demand compliance with the warranty. The Federal Trade Commission administers the Magnuson-Moss Act and monitors compliance with warranty law.

Annnyyywaaayyy, I definitely not run the spacer on the Mopar Fox Shocks. The Mopar Fox shocks are longer than the factory strut body to begin with and by adding the extra length to the shock you'll create a bunch of issues (ie CV angles, brakelines, abs wires, balljoints, tie rods).

Users who are viewing this thread