5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.5" readylift questions

Steelwheelz

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Trevor Stevenson. I am an Engineer at ReadyLIFT Suspension and I just wanted to make myself available to any questions you may have. I will touch on two things real quick; ReadyLIFT has a partnership with Autonation Delarships in there "Auto Gear" program. These kits get preloaded to vehicles everyday with no warranty issue.

I've had this kit on my personal truck since April with Zero issues, CV boots are happy and healthy. Bgmshrm is correct, we've limited the lift to a 3.5" to insure there isn't any issues CV, ball joints, tie rods and driveline.

Feel free to reach out if you have questions, comments, concerns or requests.
Can the 3.5” be installed on 2019 Rebel?

mwoods269

Reaction score
Hello, I want to put the lights in the bed as well. Was kind of surprised they weren't included. Is the wiring already there?

ReadyLift 3.5 installed and 35x12.5R20’s on stock rims with a 1/4 inch spacer. Hopefully wheels drop on Friday for the weekend. I’ll post some better pics in the morning when the sun is right and the wife’s minivan is out of the way. Just finished putting in the LED’s in the Cargo and Third Brake Light, put the Pedal Commander Back in and put my BakFlip back on from my last truck.

fcc042dea7f428d54bcc1ad1656fa5e8.jpg
027006ca629df898f105cd7a630e9e1d.jpg
773b9377b07c0303666e814e4aafe878.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Hello, I want to put the lights in the bed as well. Was kind of surprised they weren't included. Is the wiring already there?

Unfortunately not. For the OEM version I understand they have to run them all the way to the battery. It was like a 2-3 hour install at the dealership.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
@Tstevenson325 readylift is calling for a 20" wheel. Have you seen or heard of anyone running an 18x9 instead? I don't want to run 20's on my truck as I'd rather have more tire.

Hym8nce

Reaction score
@Tstevenson325 So I just had the kit installed on my truck and I have a quick question for you. After reviewing a lot of the post on the forms looking to see if I was the only one I find that the rear of my truck is about an inch shorter than the front is that normal or is that an installation mistake? Also I have read a lot of concerns of uneven tire wear. And the vehicle should be re-torqued on the ground on its own weight Is this correct? Any input on these concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

U

User_18177

@Tstevenson325 So I just had the kit installed on my truck and I have a quick question for you. After reviewing a lot of the post on the forms looking to see if I was the only one I find that the rear of my truck is about an inch shorter than the front is that normal or is that an installation mistake? Also I have read a lot of concerns of uneven tire wear. And the vehicle should be re-torqued on the ground on its own weight Is this correct? Any input on these concerns would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.
Did you measure the rake before you began? Maybe they forgot the spacer in the rear?

Last edited by a moderator:

StansRebel

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Trevor Stevenson. I am an Engineer at ReadyLIFT Suspension and I just wanted to make myself available to any questions you may have. I will touch on two things real quick; ReadyLIFT has a partnership with Autonation Delarships in there "Auto Gear" program. These kits get preloaded to vehicles everyday with no warranty issue.

I've had this kit on my personal truck since April with Zero issues, CV boots are happy and healthy. Bgmshrm is correct, we've limited the lift to a 3.5" to insure there isn't any issues CV, ball joints, tie rods and driveline.

CD3B4FDC-F239-4981-B64B-545B7640BFBF.jpeg 668D31DB-CC1A-4FE1-B01C-A7681B15ABF3.jpeg

StansRebel

Reaction score
Had the 3.5” sst lift installed on my 2020 ram rebel and have serious concerns about cv angles. Saw several threads about measuring fender to center of hub that 22.5” was ok to install full kit. Mine was at 22.5” so I had garage put the full kit in. Just got it done yesterday and looking at it has me worried. Thoughts?

StansRebel

Reaction score
I believe the shaft angles to be acceptable but I also would not want any more than this. Any higher lift is going to require bracketry and spacing the center section down.
I think you already know the answer to the warranty question.

Attachments

• 439A59D4-F8B2-4C86-9872-D01BD758BC47.jpeg
    439A59D4-F8B2-4C86-9872-D01BD758BC47.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 7C3A56AC-827A-4E5D-8354-52FF68BDFAAC.jpeg
    7C3A56AC-827A-4E5D-8354-52FF68BDFAAC.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 79

RamLife

Reaction score
Hi All,

BigDog78

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just got ready lift 3.5 on my 2019 ram 1500 DT 4x4 big horn inst. with 20x10 -25 off and 35’s phenom hybrid tires.
Tomorrow I return back in shop..
my steering wheel if I make it level my truck moves little to the left.. and by 62 mileage starts vibrating.. on a flat nice road.. the faster I go the more vibrates..
Tomorrow getting new alignment done and also check the balance of tires .. original was ballance beads in.. he said could be the reason so he wants to use ballance weights…

After the shop tomorrow I’ll post the results.. I didn’t had any issues when I left the shop on vibrating.. I didn’t hit anything so not sure what’s going on

BigDog78

Reaction score
He my truck

Attachments

• D58B3929-3E55-42DB-B8C8-A7A03FB10560.jpeg
    D58B3929-3E55-42DB-B8C8-A7A03FB10560.jpeg
    130.3 KB · Views: 59

mk2019ORP

Reaction score
I just got ready lift 3.5 on my 2019 ram 1500 DT 4x4 big horn inst. with 20x10 -25 off and 35’s phenom hybrid tires.
Tomorrow I return back in shop..
my steering wheel if I make it level my truck moves little to the left.. and by 62 mileage starts vibrating.. on a flat nice road.. the faster I go the more vibrates..
Tomorrow getting new alignment done and also check the balance of tires .. original was ballance beads in.. he said could be the reason so he wants to use ballance weights…

After the shop tomorrow I’ll post the results.. I didn’t had any issues when I left the shop on vibrating.. I didn’t hit anything so not sure what’s going on
Any update on your issue? I recently had a shop out in balance beads after they a difficult time balancing with traditional weights. So far not impressed…

Users who are viewing this thread