5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2025 Rebel Taillights

LED tail lights are the only ones capable of having the animated feature for sure. I’m almost positive that the projector headlights found on limiteds and tungsten’s are the only ones capable of the animated feature.
For both the rebel and the laramie, incandescent tail lights are standard. Level 2 package for the rebel, and night edition package for the Laramie are the packages that list exterior front and rear light animation, but there is no package at all that specifically lists LED tail lights as included. So, as far as tails on a rebel or Laramie, if it’s not possible to equip them with LED tails at all, then it’s not possible to have the animated rear lighting feature.

As far as the headlamps, they are all the same reflector led headlamps from tradesman to rebel. Can anyone with these reflector headlamps tell me if they have signature lighting (what some refer to as “halos”)? The sure way to check this in any ambient lighting situation is to go into the radio settings a turn off the daytime running lights. Turn the headlight switch to the off position, and start the truck. Is there any type of lighting that is on in the headlamps?

Also, @AnthonyRI, can you post up the current rebel and Laramie order guide pdf’s please?
I can verify for sure that the reflector LED headlights do NOT have any type of LED halo. Will send pics when i can. (not to say they don't look cool, the lighting is actually pretty good, would just like that halo signature)

Also, I need to verify, but i'm pretty sure the turn signal marker lights (yellow) are incandescent as well.

Also, I need to verify, but i'm pretty sure the turn signal marker lights (yellow) are incandescent as well.

Yep, the front marker and turn signal are incandescent, and they are a royal PITA to change. I had a bulb fall out of the holder and into the headlight housing which then it takes about an hour to get the headlight out since you have to take off trim on the bumper and remove the grill to get the screws for the housing exposed.

Yep, the front marker and turn signal are incandescent, and they are a royal PITA to change. I had a bulb fall out of the holder and into the headlight housing which then it takes about an hour to get the headlight out since you have to take off trim on the bumper and remove the grill to get the screws for the housing exposed.
I guess thats the plus side of bulbs, though, you CAN change them. Had an LED go out in my wife's traverse tailight, had to replace the whole taillight assembly. Not cheap.

Hi,

I wanted to see what options are out there to replace the taillights and third brake light to LED and not just the bulbs. Is the wiring harness the same as 2024? Thank you for your input.
Good Morning Gatorafan
I leave in the upper portion of New York State about 1-1/2 hours northeast of Syracuse,NY
I wanted to pass along some information and advice for anyone considering changing from incandescent light bulbs to LED bulbs or light housings with LED’s installed.
LED bulb's ( Taillight, Brake light and marker lights ) do not generate any or very little Heat when they are on.
As you drive the snow blowup from the road will coat the back of your truck and very soon if you do not stop often to clean your lights off will be invisible to other drivers behind you.
As we get at times 3-4 inches of snow an hour or more no one behind you would be able to see your lights at all and possibly drive right into the back of your truck because of the LED bulbs lack of heat generated.
Incandescent bulbs do generate some heat and will keep a small portion of the snow from completely covering your tail lights.
Also ALWAYS during heavy snow ( especially during Lake Effect Snow Storms ) drive with your 4-way flashers on to also give you a better chance of being seen by other drivers.
I wanted to pass along this information for everyone to consider as almost every vehicle made now has LED lights and this is something the manufacturer’s never think about.

Test driving a 25' rebel Level 2 now. Incandescent lighting front and rear, the only thing they do have is the "RAM" lights that shine down on the ground from the mirrors. Definitely lists front and rear animation but the lights just blink when locked just like every other vehicle.

LED tail lights are the only ones capable of having the animated feature for sure. I’m almost positive that the projector headlights found on limiteds and tungsten’s are the only ones capable of the animated feature.
For both the rebel and the laramie, incandescent tail lights are standard. Level 2 package for the rebel, and night edition package for the Laramie are the packages that list exterior front and rear light animation, but there is no package at all that specifically lists LED tail lights as included. So, as far as tails on a rebel or Laramie, if it’s not possible to equip them with LED tails at all, then it’s not possible to have the animated rear lighting feature.

As far as the headlamps, they are all the same reflector led headlamps from tradesman to rebel. Can anyone with these reflector headlamps tell me if they have signature lighting (what some refer to as “halos”)? The sure way to check this in any ambient lighting situation is to go into the radio settings a turn off the daytime running lights. Turn the headlight switch to the off position, and start the truck. Is there any type of lighting that is on in the headlamps?

Also, @AnthonyRI, can you post up the current rebel and Laramie order guide pdf’s please?
Code guides ahoy!

Attachments

Good Morning Gatorafan
I leave in the upper portion of New York State about 1-1/2 hours northeast of Syracuse,NY
I wanted to pass along some information and advice for anyone considering changing from incandescent light bulbs to LED bulbs or light housings with LED’s installed.
LED bulb's ( Taillight, Brake light and marker lights ) do not generate any or very little Heat when they are on.
As you drive the snow blowup from the road will coat the back of your truck and very soon if you do not stop often to clean your lights off will be invisible to other drivers behind you.
As we get at times 3-4 inches of snow an hour or more no one behind you would be able to see your lights at all and possibly drive right into the back of your truck because of the LED bulbs lack of heat generated.
Incandescent bulbs do generate some heat and will keep a small portion of the snow from completely covering your tail lights.
Also ALWAYS during heavy snow ( especially during Lake Effect Snow Storms ) drive with your 4-way flashers on to also give you a better chance of being seen by other drivers.
I wanted to pass along this information for everyone to consider as almost every vehicle made now has LED lights and this is something the manufacturer’s never think about.
This was a huge problem when I switched my wrangler headlights to LEDs. Since they are so big and flat, they caught all the snow/sleet and would never thaw.

It depends on the temperatures. Incandescents do create heat but also can cause the snow to melt and then freeze again causing ice build up on the lights which is even harder to remove then the snow.

Nice, let us know when you get them installed. I'm excited.
Well I have good news but mostly bad news.

The good news one tail light showed up yesterday. Now the really bad news is that after plugging in the new LED light absolutely nothing, no tail light, no blinker, nothing. Unplugged and plugged in three times then said f it and reinstalled the old light. I don't see any visible damage to the light, I'm guessing just not compatible with the electrical of the Laramie and below trucks. Going to send back for return.

1730029586333.jpeg

Damn that does suck. We won’t be able to do anything until we find out how to change settings then. Thanks for trying it out

Well I have good news but mostly bad news.

The good news one tail light showed up yesterday. Now the really bad news is that after plugging in the new LED light absolutely nothing, no tail light, no blinker, nothing. Unplugged and plugged in three times then said f it and reinstalled the old light. I don't see any visible damage to the light, I'm guessing just not compatible with the electrical of the Laramie and below trucks. Going to send back for return.

View attachment 191891
Do you have a spare 12v battery and some leads that you can do some testing on the light? Otherwise, instead of sending it back, I’ll buy it off you for testing.
Been talking to alexey all week, and he’s going to be adding 2025 Ram to alfaobd.

@Biga, @Whoa_Ram, does the red wire on your tail light connectors have 12v when probed with a meter? It should be constant even with engine off. The LED tails need that power to function, and if not getting 12v on that connector, need to find where that wire stops being populated on the way to the interior fuse box.
IMG_1192.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Back