5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Yes full tank.

And yes for PDI we actually built an entirely separate facility (on the same property) that ONLY does PDI. This way they have their own space, own tools, own team, all for PDI. So your truck is not waiting in line behind a neighbor's oil change, brake job, or warranty work. the guys who do the PDI are doing it every day. When they're doing an RHO.... they're not like "yippee I finally got one" it's, "ok, we know what to look for." And yes that uses some miles! the vehicles are delivered to us with a laundry list of things that have to get verified, quite a few of which require a few miles. My personal truck got to me with 17 miles, for example.
Awesome. Perfect answer. Thanks very much for quick reply too!

KubotaTed

Reaction score
Dealerships do a full PDI (pre delivery inspection) upon receiving the vehicle and before it gets sold.

I've just happened to see two of my ordered trucks before they were checked in (one was a night drop, the other I was driving by and saw the carrier turn in).
Their version of a PDI and my version can tend to be slightly different. I bought an Expedition once that had front end damage. (New unit) Somehow that made its way through their PDI and it was a eye-opening moment for me.

EDIT: My comment is general in nature and not anything related to Anthony / Mark.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Their version of a PDI and my version can tend to be slightly different. I bought an Expedition once that had front end damage. (New unit) Somehow that made its way through their PDI and it was a eye-opening moment for me.

EDIT: My comment is general in nature and not anything related to Anthony / Mark.
Agree with that. My previous experience is somewhat limited. I picked up my 2014 Laramie on January 3rd, and the salesman didn't even walk outside with me. It was covered in snow, and they acted put out that I wanted to clean it off to check it. So the bar was pretty low.....

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I'd be happy to get that for no other reason I'd know I exist in their system.
I opened up a case awhile back so it’s just them routinely following up every few weeks usually with information that’s already published on ram tracker. The only information I got that wasn’t on ram tracker was that my vehicle was shipped to storage after production was complete.

AnthonyRI

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

100%. And that's why we separated the personnel and building. You can't have someone do 100 oil changes in a row and then expect the same level of discernment when doing PDI on a 100K truck.

The list we use is same as any dealer, nothing proprietary about it - though I'm sure the tech's themselves get into a groove of additional things to look out for on particular models here and there, with the general functions of manufacturing. ie, fuses not pushed all the way in on i think it was certain jeeps a year ago, etc.

Pikeman_66

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do the ebony red seats have cloth also? Looks like a cool color.
I looked at them yesterday, I could not find a good picture and I really could not tell from the one I did find. if they are all leather it will even look worse on them to do that to the base Black because there is no upcharge for the red

Pikeman_66

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The cloth inserts have been going on since 2022 model year when they started the premium quilted leather seats in indigo/sea salt:
View attachment 188421
View attachment 188422
thanks for posting that! I may be in an uproar then for nothing, my bad. If that's true that would mean the 2024 limited that I drove would have had them also and I just don't remember. After all that was between Christmas and new year's last year. I still believe they should be solid Leather though for 87 grand! after all they didn't skimp on the leather in the rest of the truck. and it just seems cheesy.

Users who are viewing this thread