5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ramboy13

Reaction score
interesting reading, I am just wondering how long they think they can put off building sold units that customers are waiting on before the customers start to jump ship altogether adding to the misery of the sales facts of the 1st quarter?
Agree. The logic eludes me. They don't even have incentives out yet (not anything substantial), so they've got solid money on the table that they are risking.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
I'm willing to wait if there were some communications from RAM as to availability, build and shipping dates but without that I'm looking at other truck options. Will wait another week to talk to my dealer and if no info may jump ship, but where? Denali but hate that front end, Lexus GX 550 but not a pickup and dealer can't get enough.
I'm right there with you, I don't like the GMC front end with the massive grills. I don't really like the chevy High country's because everything is painted, and I like chrome bumpers. I can't see myself in a ford period, that leaves the ugly tundra or the outdated Nissan for trucks. this is just very frustrating and the lack of information from Ram to us waiting patiently (LOL) is not helping. they should at least tell us something as to a time frame. I am without a truck as of next Wednesday and I will become more impatient by the day after that. I haven't called them and made my opinion yet but it's getting close. not that it will help.

lonepeak

Reaction score
I’m surprised that the dealers that follow 5th Gen can’t eke out some info from their contacts.

dcchris311

Reaction score
interesting reading, I am just wondering how long they think they can put off building sold units that customers are waiting on before the customers start to jump ship altogether adding to the misery of the sales facts of the 1st quarter?

I agree, I'm not willing to wait to the end of the year to receive my truck anymore. I either get in the 3rd quarter or I'll be driving a different brand.

PetePA

Reaction score
I'm willing to wait if there were some communications from RAM as to availability, build and shipping dates but without that I'm looking at other truck options. Will wait another week to talk to my dealer and if no info may jump ship, but where? Denali but hate that front end, Lexus GX 550 but not a pickup and dealer can't get enough.
Agree on the ugly Denali front end... interior is kinda dated too IMHO.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
If there is a pause in May do we know the reason? Is it too much production, waiting on parts, union agreement, etc? My dealer wouldn't order a week ago because the A equipment group was not available. I figure if I get my order in when Limiteds are shipping with all options available, say by end of May, then it would be 3 months to get truck, August. I look forward to the Limiteds being "built" but not shipping to begin shipping. That will be the "go" sign for me to order in addition for the build codes moving up and VINs appearing for everyone who has preordered.
I'd really like to know more about this pause. I read more in another post, but can't find it. Do we know the dates? I guess really just want to know the bottom line impact to our timelines. Is it two weeks?

PetePA

Reaction score
I'd really like to know more about this pause. I read more in another post, but can't find it. Do we know the dates? I guess really just want to know the bottom line impact to our timelines. Is it two weeks?
Anthony from MD mentioned it was for 2 weeks starting 5/20. That's 3 weeks away, so there's a lot of time for Stellantis to pick up the production on the limiteds.

I have some prelim sales data on the limiteds (very preliminary) and it appears that the 2024s are selling quite slow with, at current rate, them selling out in ~200 days. However, there are only about 1.5 limiteds in the market per Ram dealership with some certainly not having any and others having several. This may point to Stellantis picking up the 2025 limited production soon as the limiteds limited availability (horribly pun) may be a partial factor in the low sales.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Anthony from MD mentioned it was for 2 weeks starting 5/20. That's 3 weeks away, so there's a lot of time for Stellantis to pick up the production on the limiteds.

I have some prelim sales data on the limiteds (very preliminary) and it appears that the 2024s are selling quite slow with, at current rate, them selling out in ~200 days. However, there are only about 1.5 limiteds in the market per Ram dealership with some certainly not having any and others having several. This may point to Stellantis picking up the 2025 limited production soon as the limiteds limited availability (horribly pun) may be a partial factor in the low sales.

I looked yesterday for a 2024 limited with the features I want on it. there were 0 in the whole nationwide search regardless of color. most were basic Limited's without anything on them or very little. this may be part of their problem is that nobody wants what's left currently? I don't know I am drawing at straws at this point.

Derek916

Reaction score
Considering most sold orders are placed with a 1K non refundable deposit, and then they please the existing sold order holders with base price increases so now the existing holders have "equity". I think they can wait quite a while.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Considering most sold orders are placed with a 1K non refundable deposit, and then they please the existing sold order holders with base price increases so now the existing holders have "equity". I think they can wait quite a while.

I would never put down a non-refundable deposit. If the dealer can't trust me, why should I trust him?

lonepeak

Reaction score
I drove by some dealerships that are farther away from my location. Looked at Tundra Limited and spoke to a RAM dealer. Didn't drive the iMax Tundra but ok inside, at least the front end isn't quite as massive as the GMC Denali but not much storage inside second row to make up for lack of ram boxes. Ford and I guess RAM without boxes has storage space under rear seat. Did not have the trims above the Limited. Not a fan so far but will look at upper trims.

RAM dealer looked at order sheet for Limited and said could order a Limited to arrive by probably July but wasn't showing ram boxes which I want. Said he would call when those became available. His manager thought RAM holding off on Limited due to phasing in the lower trims?? Forgot to ask about a May production pause. In any case not much new over my local dealer who is closer than the one I spoke to. He said the A equipment group showed available. Also wanted to look at the GX550 Lexus but last one was out the door and all are spoken for ahead of time, not a pickup though. As to RAM it is still confusing whoever you talk to insofar as delivery and options available. Wonder when everyone will be on same page?

dammitbobby

Reaction score
I drove by some dealerships that are farther away from my location. Looked at Tundra Limited and spoke to a RAM dealer. Didn't drive the iMax Tundra but ok inside, at least the front end isn't quite as massive as the GMC Denali but not much storage inside second row to make up for lack of ram boxes. Ford and I guess RAM without boxes has storage space under rear seat. Did not have the trims above the Limited. Not a fan so far but will look at upper trims.

RAM dealer looked at order sheet for Limited and said could order a Limited to arrive by probably July but wasn't showing ram boxes which I want. Said he would call when those became available. His manager thought RAM holding off on Limited due to phasing in the lower trims?? Forgot to ask about a May production pause. In any case not much new over my local dealer who is closer than the one I spoke to. He said the A equipment group showed available. Also wanted to look at the GX550 Lexus but last one was out the door and all are spoken for ahead of time, not a pickup though. As to RAM it is still confusing whoever you talk to insofar as delivery and options available. Wonder when everyone will be on same page?
I just ordered mine today, I got the A Equipment group and the red interior which the red interior wasn’t available last month.

PetePA

Reaction score
I need more data because it doesn't look like inventory numbers are being updated steadily. Over 2 days, the 2024 model inventory reduction is:

-Big horn 2.1%
-Laramie 1.6%
-Limiteds 1.6%
-Lone Star 2.8%
-Rebel 2.6%
-Tradesmen 1.1%
-TRX a whopping 12%!

FloridaSun

Reaction score
Anyone want to take a wild guess on when limited and Tungsten orders will be delivered? Trying to schedule a vacation which includes towing a boat 400+ miles.
Also Granger...1K non refundable...not sure about Koons.

Joeamo

Reaction score
To the guys who have intimate insight - regarding RHO :

-Getting going on the order process and get on a list -

Or

- just let them start to come to market - no faster ordering

Sounds like it’s going to be far from limited production

Joe

PetePA

Reaction score
To the guys who have intimate insight - regarding RHO :

-Getting going on the order process and get on a list -

Or

- just let them start to come to market - no faster ordering

Sounds like it’s going to be far from limited production

Joe
I'm probably one of the least knowledgable people you'll find here, but it seems that ordering before it's in production doesn't do you much good. If the vehicle is in production, the turnaround time seems rather short.

By pre-ordering, you might save a couple of weeks but in the meantime, you have $1,000 deposit tied up and the potential for you to change your mind.

That said, I'd probably not take my own advice and pre-order again just like I did with the Tungsten...lol

Users who are viewing this thread