5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Awhile back the onboard systems were unavailable, then my dealer said the Option A was unavailable, now its park sense. My dealer says call back in couple of weeks and MAYBE he'll know something. Now the RHO is being advertised. I continue to question the strategy/marketing of RAM. The dealers let us know what they know but it seems there is no communication to the dealers from corporate about vehicles they advertised and allowed orders on since January. If parts/options are that difficult to assemble and get to the assembly line then I question build quality and overall organization.

I know these are '25s and not '24s but be transparent and forthcoming RAM. Laramie and trims below that are coming to dealer lots and customer orders but RAM in unwilling to communicate to dealers or customers on Limited and Tungsten. Are you only testing the demand for upper trims and holding off and then squeak a few out?
very solid points!!! when I went to my dealers on Saturday, I actually was telling him things he didn't even know about that I learned here. he is still convinced though I will see my truck by June. we will see I guess; the question is will it be the truck I ordered, or the truck Ram decided to build? but I agree pretty bad marketing on ram's part communicating down the chain when your customers know more about new models than the dealers do.

lonepeak

Reaction score
If you’re dealer correct I better get my order in. You should be getting VIN and updated codes soon. Will try again in week or so. Yes I think we collectively know more here than some dealers.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
If you’re dealer correct I better get my order in. You should be getting VIN and updated codes soon. Will try again in week or so. Yes I think we collectively know more here than some dealers.
I keep checking and nothing changes with the order still sitting in status C . I just hope it's here by July 1st if it's not I may just go buy a chevy high country off a lot somewhere and cancel this. I hope I don't have to do plan B I really want this Ram, but I have to have a truck to pull the boat up north in July with. and the wife's Buick envision wont handle it.

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
I'm hoping your limited gets built too, since I ordered one as well. Maybe if they get enough orders they will expedite it (wishful thinking but I'll take what I can get) 😎

pensfan

Reaction score
On the Ram build and price it looks like Steel Storm is no longer listed as an option. Is that a site thing or did it get dropped by Ram?
The Car Connection site build and price still shows it as an option.

PetePA

Reaction score
On the Ram build and price it looks like Steel Storm is no longer listed as an option. Is that a site thing or did it get dropped by Ram?
The Car Connection site build and price still shows it as an option.
They took it down several weeks ago. I don't have any other additional information. It would be hard to believe that it will never be available considering the Stellantis press release several months ago.

MoparSconnie

Reaction score
I'm hoping they get the new colors figured out soon. I'd really like to have all options available before placing my order.

As a side note - forged blue metallic and granite crystal are shown on the RHO (not sure if they're available to order). I just really hope that forged blue looks nothing like it does in the RHO rendering

Attachments

• FBM.PNG
    FBM.PNG
    332 KB · Views: 16
  • GC.PNG
    GC.PNG
    285 KB · Views: 14

Ramboy13

Reaction score
I agree! The Forged blue is much more muted on the Jeeps, and I hope it’s the same. That and Steel Storm are the two “new” colors for Ram. The Granite Crystal is an old color but looks like they’re bringing it back for the RHO. I wish it’d be available in other trims - it’s a nice color.
And like everyone else here, I wish STLA would just get their schtuff together.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I was notified that my Laramie with Level 2 was being built last Wednesday (4/17). However, it still has not shown up in the Being Built inventory. I assume both online inventories are not kept up-to-date. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to appear online. Currently, the delivery date is 6/15, but the dealer hopes it will arrive sooner. My notifications have come 2-3 days after the status changes.
Contact your dealer, for accurate details. The online data is always way behind.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just noticed you can get the Night edition big horn in the Forged blue, I think it looks pretty good on the jeeps with the black on contrast accents.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Where did you notice this? You can build that combo in the public on-line tool, but dealers haven't been able to order FBM yet. If it's available now, that would be GREAT news.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did you notice this? You can build that combo in the public on-line tool, but dealers haven't been able to order FBM yet. If it's available now, that would be GREAT news.
Yes, on the Ram public build tool. I guess it still seems to be on hold then, all the trucks showing up on dealer lots seam to be white, black, and silver.

PetePA

Reaction score
Yes, on the Ram public build tool. I guess it still seems to be on hold then, all the trucks showing up on dealer lots seam to be white, black, and silver.
There are some hydro, delmonico and flame red sprinkled in there too.

PetePA

Reaction score
Anyone want to take a wild guess on when limited and Tungsten orders will be delivered? Trying to schedule a vacation which includes towing a boat 400+ miles.

HowDoYouTruck

Reaction score
Anyone want to take a wild guess on when limited and Tungsten orders will be delivered? Trying to schedule a vacation which includes towing a boat 400+ miles.

There have been several mentions of a production "pause" in May. I'm not sure why but I'm hoping inventory levels and any necessary production line tooling will be taken care of during this break so our trucks can start getting built.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Same, I’m leaving the second week of July. Need to have my truck by then. 465 miles one way for me. And through Chicago! 😡

lonepeak

Reaction score
If there is a pause in May do we know the reason? Is it too much production, waiting on parts, union agreement, etc? My dealer wouldn't order a week ago because the A equipment group was not available. I figure if I get my order in when Limiteds are shipping with all options available, say by end of May, then it would be 3 months to get truck, August. I look forward to the Limiteds being "built" but not shipping to begin shipping. That will be the "go" sign for me to order in addition for the build codes moving up and VINs appearing for everyone who has preordered.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

lonepeak

Reaction score
I'm willing to wait if there were some communications from RAM as to availability, build and shipping dates but without that I'm looking at other truck options. Will wait another week to talk to my dealer and if no info may jump ship, but where? Denali but hate that front end, Lexus GX 550 but not a pickup and dealer can't get enough.

Users who are viewing this thread