5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adkram

Reaction score
Hope you guys dont mind some more
Company. Put my tungsten order in today. Everything except off road package. No vin or order # yet but will post as i learn more. Heck my dealer only just got their first stripped down big horn on the lot.

Have custom ordered many german cars in the past but this is my first truck order. Sounds like it should be an interesting journey.

Coming from 2019 Limited that has been an incredible vehicle.

Ramboy13

Reaction score
Company. Put my tungsten order in today. Everything except off road package. No vin or order # yet but will post as i learn more. Heck my dealer only just got their first stripped down big horn on the lot.

Have custom ordered many german cars in the past but this is my first truck order. Sounds like it should be an interesting journey.

Pretty much what I'm looking at, too. :) I'd had the Falken tires on my 2014 Laramie, and really liked them. So I thought about the off-road package just for that (the tires alone cost more than the package). But I prefer the LSD over the locker, so decided not to check that box.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score

welcome to the club of order waiting to be built. :ROFLMAO:

lonepeak

Reaction score
Just spoke with my local dealer on the '25 Limited and Limited Longhorn and he looked at his order book and sees that both have the Level A equipment group on hold. I'm guessing that is true with Tungsten as well but forgot to ask. He could place order but of course most of us would want the Level A and order would sit until it becomes available.

RAM Truck Month is going on and I see it promoting the '24s. He agreed with me that '24 inventory is still large for many dealers and the upper levels probably won't begin shipping until that inventory is mostly gone. You guys wanting to stick with the 5.7 should see some great deals.

I asked about the dealers showing a '25 Limited with a VIN and "being built" and he said likely they will sit until the Level A is available. He said call him back in two weeks and he'll keep checking on order updates.

MoparSconnie

Reaction score
I've noticed that there aren't any trucks in production spec'd with the 14.4" screen, so I wonder if that is part of the hold up on alot of the upper trims? On the bright side, I just started to notice yesterday that alot of the interwebs Ram adds/pop ups are now advertising 25s and the 14.4" screen vs the 24s and 12"

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Just spoke with my local dealer on the '25 Limited and Limited Longhorn and he looked at his order book and sees that both have the Level A equipment group on hold. I'm guessing that is true with Tungsten as well but forgot to ask. He could place order but of course most of us would want the Level A and order would sit until it becomes available.

RAM Truck Month is going on and I see it promoting the '24s. He agreed with me that '24 inventory is still large for many dealers and the upper levels probably won't begin shipping until that inventory is mostly gone. You guys wanting to stick with the 5.7 should see some great deals.

I asked about the dealers showing a '25 Limited with a VIN and "being built" and he said likely they will sit until the Level A is available. He said call him back in two weeks and he'll keep checking on order updates.
thanks for the update info, it's hard to believe they would be waiting on level A there isn't anything in there except extra software mostly. the exceptions being the 360 view camaras and heads up display and the 14 inch screen. everything else is pretty much available in the Laramie's and rebels and they have been building those like crazy with level A. it would be interesting to know what part is creating the holdup. I looked hard for a 24 Limited with the features I wanted and there wasn't any anywhere. I even had Mark dodge look for me. I am too picky I guess lol. maybe Ram just needs to see a bunch of cancelations and no sales to get them motivated? seriously what's left of the 24s around me are just basic non optioned and it will take a while to move them anyway. my dealer has 2 tradesman's and a big horn 2024 models and they have been there a long while. they are just basic and blah colors.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
thanks for the update info, it's hard to believe they would be waiting on level A there isn't anything in there except extra software mostly. the exceptions being the 360 view camaras and heads up display and the 14 inch screen. everything else is pretty much available in the Laramie's and rebels and they have been building those like crazy with level A. it would be interesting to know what part is creating the holdup. I looked hard for a 24 Limited with the features I wanted and there wasn't any anywhere. I even had Mark dodge look for me. I am too picky I guess lol. maybe Ram just needs to see a bunch of cancelations and no sales to get them motivated? seriously what's left of the 24s around me are just basic non optioned and it will take a while to move them anyway. my dealer has 2 tradesman's and a big horn 2024 models and they have been there a long while. they are just basic and blah colors.
‘Extra software’ could easily disrupt RAM…When the 12” screen came out in ’19 there was a LOT of stuff not available because UConnect had written it for the 8” and they took their sweet time getting it running for the 12” (the ‘19s came to market with the ‘17 NAV system installed). I’m too old to devote brain cells to what makes tech work or not, but seems like a room full of monkeys with typewriters sometimes…

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
‘Extra software’ could easily disrupt RAM…When the 12” screen came out in ’19 there was a LOT of stuff not available because UConnect had written it for the 8” and they took their sweet time getting it running for the 12” (the ‘19s came to market with the ‘17 NAV system installed). I’m too old to devote brain cells to what makes tech work or not, but seems like a room full of monkeys with typewriters sometimes…
my son is a software engineer and the things they can do with software will for sure make your head hurt. with that being said yes software could be a holdup but one would think they had that all done. hear me out.
they have built who knows how many test vehicle's and have had them all around the country with the new features already installed and in production trim.
including just a few weeks ago in Texas for the press drives. I would think this hardware and software would be complete and available by now for production. we have all seen the Texas press releases from the press. all of them told us about the features and how they worked etc. so from that I would think that they had their stuff together and ready for production by now for all the models. just my thoughts on it.

jonusko

Reaction score
I was notified that my Laramie with Level 2 was being built last Wednesday (4/17). However, it still has not shown up in the Being Built inventory. I assume both online inventories are not kept up-to-date. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to appear online. Currently, the delivery date is 6/15, but the dealer hopes it will arrive sooner. My notifications have come 2-3 days after the status changes.

dcchris311

Reaction score
I was notified that my Laramie with Level 2 was being built last Wednesday (4/17). However, it still has not shown up in the Being Built inventory. I assume both online inventories are not kept up-to-date. It will be interesting to see how long it takes to appear online. Currently, the delivery date is 6/15, but the dealer hopes it will arrive sooner. My notifications have come 2-3 days after the status changes.

Does the level 2 include the 14.4" display?

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
hmmm, interesting again I am going to say I think they have the Hardware to build these trucks they just released the RHO boasting a 14" inch screen installed with basically a limited interior in it as well.

Last edited:

PatrickLeedleLee

Reaction score
hmmm, interesting again I am going to say I think they have the Hardware to build these trucks they just released the RHO boasting a 14" inch screen installed with basically a limited interior in it as well.

That doesn't mean they have everything to start having certain models his the line, it means they had a enough parts to build pre-production models.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
looks like from the updated order guides that the park sense automated parking code (xpm) got pulled from the Limited's. it was previously in the level 1 but when it became Level A that feature was gone. I wonder what that does to those of us that had ordered our trucks with it on level 1. that's one feature I really don't care about though, so makes me no difference really.

lonepeak

Reaction score
Awhile back the onboard systems were unavailable, then my dealer said the Option A was unavailable, now its park sense. My dealer says call back in couple of weeks and MAYBE he'll know something. Now the RHO is being advertised. I continue to question the strategy/marketing of RAM. The dealers let us know what they know but it seems there is no communication to the dealers from corporate about vehicles they advertised and allowed orders on since January. If parts/options are that difficult to assemble and get to the assembly line then I question build quality and overall organization.

I know these are '25s and not '24s but be transparent and forthcoming RAM. Laramie and trims below that are coming to dealer lots and customer orders but RAM in unwilling to communicate to dealers or customers on Limited and Tungsten. Are you only testing the demand for upper trims and holding off and then squeak a few out?

Users who are viewing this thread